Best Water pump?

BarneyOnSteroid

Established Member
Looking for the best pulley driven water pump. Not sure if there is too much difference between each make and model or between OEM and aftermarket, but what I need to know is, would it be worth it to buy an aftermarket water pump if it is an extra 100 dollars. I am looking for something that doesn't sap as much power as the stock one on my 99 cobra yet has better flow since I will be running under drive pulleys. If you guys have any experience with a particular manufacturer which has proven to have better flow results please let me know.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I have a stock replacement on my engine. It's a new pump from Autozone. I haven't had any cooling problems with my set up.

4valved

Banned
Stewart ewp

I bought mine and It works great never had an issue.

Had it since 2011 and got it for 86 bucks

snakeraper11b

Established Member
Stewart ewp

I bought mine and It works great never had an issue.

Had it since 2011 and got it for 86 bucks

Get's my vote. I just ordered one a few weeks ago and it will be driven by a cobra R water pump pulley in an attempt to prevent cavitation at 7,200 rpm. They have gone up a little in price since then. Best price on the web is $140 now.

BarneyOnSteroid

Established Member
Get's my vote. I just ordered one a few weeks ago and it will be driven by a cobra R water pump pulley in an attempt to prevent cavitation at 7,200 rpm. They have gone up a little in price since then. Best price on the web is $140 now.

Thanks guys! I will look into getting this one. I am willing to pay extra for something that is proven effective. This along with new radiator and t-stat should make my cooling system thrive

SlowSVT

Established Member
This is an Evans water pump. Not sure if they are still available. It's suppose to move 55 GPM (unrestricted)

Evenswaterpumppolished2-1.jpg

Can anyone post a pic of the cobra R water pump?

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member

An electric pump driven by a pulley? That's a new one on me...

Brutal Metal

Established Member
This week it's been bright sunshine high 90's,heavy humidity with 80 degree dewpoints and my car runs 190 in stop and go with lower fan settings and a Stant #14138 stat,stock rad stock water pump... But to each his own..

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
It's not a pulley "driven" pump but I've had my Meziere electric waterpump with it's idler pulley for about 16,000 miles now and I bought it used so it probably has closer to 20,000 miles by now. Great pump, no issues.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Stock replacement is good enough. It has the anti cavitation plate on the back of the impeller stock from ford. Pair it up with an under drive pulley and you won't have over heating problems.

Users who are viewing this thread