-Best way to add more bass?

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
Hi all,
I'm looking to add some more bass to my 03' Vert and wanted to know what you're all finding that workes best?

Not looking to spend a bunch in replacing the whole system...just a powered sub maybe?

Thanks in advance

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
First off, sorry you live in KCK. lol

What about just a sub or two in the trunk? How much are you wanting to spend?

gaspasr

Established Member
JL audio used to make a stealth box. I've seen a few come up for sale used. I am very happy with a 250w JL audio amp and 10 inch stealth box in the dd suburban.

94slowbra1

Established Member
i have a jl stealth box too. sounded breat and looked nice. didnt take up much space either. i am considering selling due to the fact i dont use my stereo at all really

2003CobraOx

Established Member
Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
i have a jl stealth box too. sounded breat and looked nice. didnt take up much space either. i am considering selling due to the fact i dont use my stereo at all really

if you sell it lmk I'll snag it from ya :beer:

+1 to just adding a subwoofer to the trunk. I'd do a receiver at the same time. More power + better tuning capabilities

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
First off, sorry you live in KCK. lol

What about just a sub or two in the trunk? How much are you wanting to spend?

LOL...thanks. I'm down in Olathe and been here about 13 years...nice place.
Yep, just looking to spend as little as possible on adding a powered sub

2003CobraOx

Established Member
When I purchased my 03 Vert it had a Pioneer AVH-X2600BT double-din head unit, the factory Mach 460 tweeters, and some mediocre Pioneer mid-range speakers in place of the factory Mach 460 subs (in the doors and rear quarter panels). This setup sounded TERRIBLE and had *zero* bass. I could hardly turn the volume up before the speakers were being overexerted and muffled. After installing the Basslink, I set the High-Pass filter on my head-unit to 100hz (only frequencies 100+ were sent to the tweeters/mid-range speakers) and the Low-Pass filter to 125hz (frequencies <= 125hz were sent to the Basslink) and am very happy with the results. With ALL of the bass coming from the trunk of a convertible, I have to push it pretty hard to hear it well inside the cabin; but the Basslink handles it well. I just wanted *some* bass without spending a whole lot of money and without filling up my trunk with amps/subs.

Unfortunately, I have never heard a stock/factory Mach 460 system for comparison.

Last edited:

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Another thumbs-up for the Basslink. I run a Kenwood DNX570HD HU and the Basslink with stock speakers and the sound is amazing. When you crank up the bass, it feels like you are being punched in the chest!

Here's how mine looks in the trunk on a custom-cut two-piece board that I made:

P1030708_zps7jtqs8x7.jpg

I'll eventually have a write-up on the install and wiring linked from here: http://www.terminator-cobra.com/interior.htm#Kenwood_Nav/Media_

spdfrkaby

Established Member
Here's a single 12" in a sealed enclosure. I went more for quality of sound than just raw bass. Paid way more than I wanted and after taking it apart it looks quite easy to duplicate. The speaker is also viewable from the front with the seats down.

_DSC4681 copy.jpg
_DSC4678 copy.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread