Best way to communicate with Jon Lund?

itSSlow98

Established Member
Guys, keep in mind that this weekend is NMRA MIR, Jon is there helping customers who race that series.

It wasnt NMRA months ago when myself and a friend both tried to set up dynotunes at the same time. We both never heard anything, even after speakign with Fred who had us email our mod lists and he would set us up a day. That place is nothing but a joke. A lot of people just like to jump on the bandwagon and deal with the runa round cause they think no one can compare to the legend himself.

mgmustang1

Established Member
It takes some time but he does get back to you. I had a dyno tune from him 3 year ago, in the fall asked him to adjust fans for my new thermostat and he did. It took about a week, but he did it.

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
I certainly was not trying to start trouble here. And I understand his services are in demand.

Still, I need to get things resolved to renew my plates. I hope to hear something by tomorrow. If not which other tuners can provide a quick, safe&reliable 93 octane email pulley tune? Recommendations?

I am leery of getting an overly lean tune, since my non-pulley tune was quite lean.

Lethal? VMP?

Last edited:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Jon has a full time job outside of the auto industry and does his tuning on the side. Obviously, he is a busy man and yes, there are times when it takes a bit of patience and persistence. But that's not because he is irresponsible or just decides to not get back to people. He has an excellent understanding of how to set up the necessary tuning barometers for excellent performance, driveability, and safety of these cars. The VAST majority of folks that deal with Jon, are very satisfied customers.

He lives not that far from Evolution Performance and has used their dyno for tuning in the past, as well as allowed them to offer/sell his email tunes, but he is not officially affiliated with them. That is not the way to get in touch with him.

Shaker, if you decide to go in another direction, Justin at VMP does an excellent job in this area as well and BJ (VNMOUS1) is an employee that is very active on SVTP and will usually insure that your needs are met and you are a satisfied customer.

Last edited:

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
Jon has a full time job outside of the auto industry and does his tuning on the side. Obviously, he is a busy man and yes, there are times when it takes a bit of patience and persistence. But that's not because he is irresponsible or just decides to not get back to people. He has an excellent understanding of how to set up the necessary tuning barometers for excellent performance, driveability, and safety of these cars. The VAST majority of folks that deal with Jon, are very satisfied customers.

He lives not that far from Evolution Performance and has used their dyno for tuning in the past, as well as allowed them to offer/sell his email tunes, but he is not officially affiliated with them. That is not the way to get in touch with him.

Shaker, if you decide to go in another direction, Justin at VMP does an excellent job in this area as well and BJ (VNMOUS1) is an employee that is very active on SVTP and will usually insure that your needs are met and you are a satisfied customer.

Thanks man. I'm sure they will get to it soon. But as a backup plan, Justin sounds good and I may eventually get his TVS set up!:beer:

As an aside for anyone who cares to know: I was able to scan my "emissions readiness" status with an Innova 3130 and it exactly confirmed what The State told me! Now I can confirm I am "ready" after the tune before heading over again to emissions testing. The Actron 9145 I borrowed would not even link with any of 4 different Fords. But it worked on a Honda! Go figure.

Last edited:

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
It wasnt NMRA months ago when myself and a friend both tried to set up dynotunes at the same time. We both never heard anything, even after speakign with Fred who had us email our mod lists and he would set us up a day. That place is nothing but a joke. A lot of people just like to jump on the bandwagon and deal with the runa round cause they think no one can compare to the legend himself.

That sucks and I'm sure it was very frustrating. Unfortunately not everyone will be pleased with a business in general and sometimes things fall thru the cracks.

I can say from MY experience, he's been very good to me, responsive on a timely basis and helpful when I had non-tune related issues.

Jon has a full time job outside of the auto industry and does his tuning on the side. Obviously, he is a busy man and yes, there are times when it takes a bit of patience and persistence.

The VAST majority of folks that deal with Jon, are very satisfied customers.
+1

Also in the OPs case, it's a tune from four years ago that needs revision, probably not on his current laptop and needs to be retrieved from a backed up data base.

andymarkv

Established Member
Also in the OPs case, it's a tune from four years ago that needs revision, probably not on his current laptop and needs to be retrieved from a backed up data base.

That is the next question.... If it is not an actual "Lund" tune it will not be in his data base.
As I said in the other thread, my canned Evolution tune was NOT Lunds.
I bet that might be the case here. (especially after hearing that it was running lean and it won't pass emissions testing)

If your tune is just a standard "canned tune" with nothing special, I think you would get a quicker response if you just bought another canned pulley tune rather than trying to fix this one.

When I was dealing with my lean issues, Justin at VMP helped me figure out that the adaptive learning wasn't configured correctly, but it was ultimately Lund that fixed it. I had my tune in an email file and I emailed it directly to Lund, instead of him trying to find it. (It was in a SCT format that Justin couldn't open, but Lund could)

Justin was very helpful and I wouldn't be afraid to buy a regular pulley tune from him.

If you're looking to save some money and have your existing tune altered... You may be waiting awhile.

I too had GREAT experience with Lund!! Quick responses and great service, BUT that was before the 5 liter cars were released. In 2010 when I had my problems there were only, what, maybe 25,000 GT500's out there? And out of those cars how many had been modified? Now in 2012 there are TONS of 5 liter cars and bunch more GT500's and Jon has become an even bigger name that a LOT of people need time from.

I'm not saying that your problem isn't important...because it is!! But if he is prioritizing his work load....digging back through 4 years of tunes that might not even be his.... I can see how that is being pushed aside.

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member

If your tune is just a standard "canned tune" with nothing special, I think you would get a quicker response if you just bought another canned pulley tune rather than trying to fix this one.

Justin was very helpful and I wouldn't be afraid to buy a regular pulley tune from him.

If you're looking to save some money and have your existing tune altered... You may be waiting awhile.
I'm not saying that your problem isn't important...because it is!! But if he is prioritizing his work load....digging back through 4 years of tunes that might not even be his.... I can see how that is being pushed aside.

Absolutely agree.That is mainly why I wanted to get a hold of someone and discuss options. I would be happy to pay for a new tune. I probably should have never mentioned EVO. It likely confused things. I sent an email to Jon clarifying that. I certainly don't expect them to drop everything to tweak my tune. Jon got a hold of me this am. It seems he has been emailing me and I was not getting the mail. Things are on track now. Thanks.

Last edited:

andymarkv

Established Member
Sweet! Nothing is more frustrating than not being able to enjoy your car and there is nothing you can do about it!

Imatk

Established Member
It takes some time but he does get back to you. I had a dyno tune from him 3 year ago, in the fall asked him to adjust fans for my new thermostat and he did. It took about a week, but he did it.

That's cool... things must have changed... I've been waiting almost a month with no word :shrug:

slocum1946

singularity
Established Member
I can say that while scheduling a remote tuning session was a little bit of a logistical challenge (local dyno with Jon tuning remotely) it all came together quickly and the results are fantastic. I will do whatever it takes to keep Lund tunes in my ECU.

Seer

Banned
I like Jon and have had good luck with his tunes. Although I did put in a request almost a month ago to have my coast down idle fixed (did it with both stock TB and CJ65 tb), and provided logs a little bit later (had a heat exchanger issue so we paused the request for a little bit), but it's been about (proba few days less) two weeks and no reply.

I'm also about to start a whipple 2.9 build here soon...

I will say this, even though the wait is weird how long it is, it is worth it. As said before, him and Ken's time is being demanded. Now on the flip side of this, and this is just customer service in general. If you're avaialble to take your customer's money, you're available to service their needs to within reason.

Last edited:

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Depends on what reasonoing. Open said Lund was trying to contact him but didn't receive emails. The
There is a big difference in tuners throughout the business. A lot of good one's out there and some so so. Lund is referred to as a God of tuning for a reason. You never know how good your tuner is until something goes wrong. Its the problems that arise that seperates the great from the good.

Users who are viewing this thread