Best way to get 700+ RWHP

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
Call hellion, HP, turbohorsepower, etc and inquire about the real price of the kit. They advertise these really low unrealistic prices and when you go to build one for real you're looking at >8000.00 dollars for parts alone.:nonono:

now your saying that hellion falsly advertises the prices for their kits??:dw: I got my kit a few hundred cheaper than what their site advertised and it included everything possible that I needed for installation even down to the plastic zip ties. Its a no-brainer that you will have to remove the factory supercharger to put on the kit....I guess you would want them to come and install the kit for you also right??:shrug:

61mmstang94

Established Member
go to youtube or streetfire and watch what happens 9 out of 10 when twin screw cars race turbo cars on the street. I'll save you the trouble-the turbo cars get thier asses handed to them. Unless you go with twins or get maybe >100 rwhp more than the twin screw the answer is the twin screw wins every time. Don't get me wrong. turbo cars are bad as hell no doubt. In the overall hp numbers game they will ALWAYS have more potential than any belt driven supercharger and I haven't seen any twin screw 4.6 put down >800rwhp but...when it comes to fun and around town the down low grunt of the twin screw is my choice...unless someone offers a twin 57mm car. The good with turbos: most of the time you install the k-member kit so you save 150-175lbs of front end weight, power potential is higher. Since they come on more gradually they do not have the hard wheel spin of a twin screw, they have more power potential, they are not as hard on the engine. The bad: tuning, boost leaks, turbo lag, price of installation, time of installation-you will be without your ride for a few weeks atleast, reliability, turbo rebuilds, etc. This debate could and will go on forever...I guess it boils down to individual preference. For your goals...a 2.8H with mammoth inlet or 3.4 with a 75 or 100 shot is the way to go, way way way more reliable, and if you bore to .20 over you won't even need the juice. To me..responsiveness is very important. Imagine this scenario. you are merging into traffic on an interstate upramp and see a narrow opportunity to slip in IF you can immediately accelerate and slide on in. With a turbo you can forgt it because you'd have to spool. twin screw...your there. I raced a supra with 460rwhp in my old termiantor and it had 458rwhp. I smoked his ass. and he was lighter. By the time he spooled I was gone. We raced from a 60 roll and an 80 roll. That's power you will use everyday. I think everyone will agree we all spend more time boosting from 0-20psi than from 20-30psi and you'd have to use race gas to really get the most out of a turbo car. For a daily driver, I say twin screw....I am not bashing turbo cars though. Turbo cars are sick and bad ass so don't waste your time flaming.

PS. I will admit that the mach in that video sounds bad as shit. Nice ride.

You are doing a lot of bashing and nowhere in your post did I see any good evidence or demonstration of any knowledge of either system except what you have seen on the internet and what you saw on youtube (which most of the time I see cars with turbos AND smaller engines like EVOs, Supras, etc. walking the shit out of most highly modified KB cobras lol. But I guess they should throw a KB on their supra because even though they'll make a few hundred less HP they will go faster and be able to merge into traffic better haha).

Also, you don't seem to know very much about a turbo system other than what you have read on the internet, so please keep your useless opinion out of the thread unless you want to state any facts and not what you think the difference is. I'm sure the OP can go search all the forums and come up with exactly the same misguided opinion that you have.

Your story about not being able to merge into traffic with a turbo but being able to with a KB is pretty funny, I lol'd for a good minute about that one. BTW, what kinda shit are you smoking, can I get some? KBs have their place obviously and they can go fast, but you are doing too much bashing on turbos based on complete BS that you are spewing and have no clue about and I don't think someone should t ake your ill-advised advice when making a decision on what to do with their car and money because you're an ignorant fool who is running his mouth.

Random question: To those saying that the turbos only put out good dyno numbers but don't run fast......what is the fastest Kenne Bell powered mustang (no nitrous, etc. just straight engine/supercharger) and what is the fastest turbo mustang, period?

My vote goes with either turbo or centrifugal supercharger. It will be more efficient at lower boost and make more power and leave you with more potential in the future. I'm not biased on what kit as there are several that will work and make great power. But the KB guys seem to only support their evidence because they want to justify why they think they went with the KB and claim it's better just because it's easier to put on lol. Well, if you want to make a true 700 or more hp car, then easy isn't something you should consider unless you like your car not running more often than not.

Also, if it wasn't for some of the poster's complete lack of knowledge on anything boost related, then I would've thought they were KB salesmen in this thread :) .

Last edited:

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
Stock Eaton, 2# lower pulley 2.76 upper blower pulley, Stiegemeier Ported blower, acufab throttle body, JLT or C&L ram air intake system, Dyno-tune & 125 wet shot of juice should get you close to 700 to the wheels, if not you will have one hell of a TERMINATOR

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
bro after ur advice on the turbos im getting a custom precision 80 gts turbo kit done on my car with a 302 stroker and custom cams...4 inch dp im stoked

61mmstang94

Established Member
bro after ur advice on the turbos im getting a custom precision 80 gts turbo kit done on my car with a 302 stroker and custom cams...4 inch dp im stoked

If you are going with a setup like that....................then your shit is going to fly!!!

But watch out for that ported blower with a 125 shot lol. :lol1:

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
yeah after reading this thread, i think its time for a 1337 2.8 kit where its SO STREETABLE and ill have twice as much HP'z where it counts lawlorskater

commando

Established Member
You are doing a lot of bashing and nowhere in your post did I see any good evidence or demonstration of any knowledge of either system except what you have seen on the internet and what you saw on youtube (which most of the time I see cars with turbos AND smaller engines like EVOs, Supras, etc. walking the shit out of most highly modified KB cobras lol. But I guess they should throw a KB on their supra because even though they'll make a few hundred less HP they will go faster and be able to merge into traffic better haha).

Also, you don't seem to know very much about a turbo system other than what you have read on the internet, so please keep your useless opinion out of the thread unless you want to state any facts and not what you think the difference is. I'm sure the OP can go search all the forums and come up with exactly the same misguided opinion that you have.

Your story about not being able to merge into traffic with a turbo but being able to with a KB is pretty funny, I lol'd for a good minute about that one. BTW, what kinda shit are you smoking, can I get some? KBs have their place obviously and they can go fast, but you are doing too much bashing on turbos based on complete BS that you are spewing and have no clue about and I don't think someone should t ake your ill-advised advice when making a decision on what to do with their car and money because you're an ignorant fool who is running his mouth.

Random question: To those saying that the turbos only put out good dyno numbers but don't run fast......what is the fastest Kenne Bell powered mustang (no nitrous, etc. just straight engine/supercharger) and what is the fastest turbo mustang, period?

My vote goes with either turbo or centrifugal supercharger. It will be more efficient at lower boost and make more power and leave you with more potential in the future. I'm not biased on what kit as there are several that will work and make great power. But the KB guys seem to only support their evidence because they want to justify why they think they went with the KB and claim it's better just because it's easier to put on lol. Well, if you want to make a true 700 or more hp car, then easy isn't something you should consider unless you like your car not running more often than not.

Also, if it wasn't for some of the poster's complete lack of knowledge on anything boost related, then I would've thought they were KB salesmen in this thread :) .

Dude...**** you.
I'll put my knowledge of FI against you or anyone else. My experience ain't on the net-it's from the street where 99% of real races happen. You want to argue that anything I said was false? I knew you assholes would show your face after that post. dickhead. You wanna throw personal insults. This is all opinion-and that is all it is. You wanna personally insult me for my opinion. **** you. I cant stand cowards that hide behind a keyboard and monitor and talk big stuff when if it was in person they would be quiet as a mouse. Coward. Sorry for the profanity (mods) but this kind of thing really gets under my skin and I'm normally a pretty nice guy but this **** just pissed me off.

Last edited:

commando

Established Member
now your saying that hellion falsly advertises the prices for their kits??:dw: I got my kit a few hundred cheaper than what their site advertised and it included everything possible that I needed for installation even down to the plastic zip ties. Its a no-brainer that you will have to remove the factory supercharger to put on the kit....I guess you would want them to come and install the kit for you also right??:shrug:

Bottom line: In my opinion the KB 2.8H with a 75 or 100 shot is wayyy better than any turbo setup for reliability and driveablilty and when I talked to hellion, turbo horsepower, and the hp the price was always >9000.00 dollars. That's what I'm sayin. That's all I'm sayin.

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
Here are some races I filmed years ago with SRVidz.

HP Twin T57 Car on 15 PSI AND PUMP GAS, full weight vs 03 Cobra w/ KB 2.2@18 PSI, 60 Shot, 4R70W Trans, race gas and full weight [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2zlvR1B9mg"]YouTube - TT Cobra vs. KB N20 Cobra[/ame]

HP Twin T57 car again on 15 psi and pump gas, full weight vs broke7 (who will outdrive almost everybody on this thread lol) with the KB 2.4 @ 19 psi on a 60-70ish dry shot (he did say the car felt faster in cooler weather on more boost than it did in the warmer weather on lower boost and the small shot) [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5KExlfz51s"]YouTube - Twin-T57-03-Cobra-vs-KB-24-N20-03-Cobra[/ame]

Note how neither twin screw and nitrous with all that awesome instant power came out ahead of the turbo car on the hit (except for the second race with broke7 and the tt car) brake boosting does wonders for a turbo car when done right ;)

That same TT Cobra made 804 rwhp on 22.5 psi on race gas, stock longblock

I have ridden in pullied cars, pullied cars with nitrous, Ported Eaton's, Ported Eaton's with nawz, KB 2.2's, KB 2.2's with nitrous, KB 2.4's, KB 2.4's with nitrous, Whipple 2.3s, Hellion T76 and that Twin T57 car pulled harder than all of them, especially on 22.5 psi. He never got it to run anything good at the track at all though, not enough practice/tire/2 step.

Last edited:

Kobra Khan

Krazy SVT Poster!
Established Member
So basically from what I've read twin screw> twin turbo?

Last edited:

KingCobra10Sec

Project Cobra R in Progre
Established Member
I wish I had the money to prove this theory true or false. My Single T76 Turbo Project is almost done, I worked the majority of this year so I could afford my turbo kit, new engine, and all supporting mods. I just dont have it in me to build another mustang with a Whipple 3.4 or a Kenne Bell, much as I would love to, I just cant deal with car sitting in shops longer than it has sat in your driveway. If I had more disposable income I would love to have my murdered out turbo 99 cobra, next to a red 2000 cobra r kit car with a whipple 3.4 on it.

KingCobra10Sec

Project Cobra R in Progre
Established Member
I dont think I will buy another mustang till 2011-2012, and even then it will be an 07 Shelby GT500 that I would want to do a supersnake replica on it. My advice to anyone building a project is just to stay slow at buying parts but consistent over time you will have a reliable daily race car.

61mmstang94

Established Member
Dude...**** you.
I'll put my knowledge of FI against you or anyone else. My experience ain't on the net-it's from the street where 99% of real races happen. You want to argue that anything I said was false? I knew you assholes would show your face after that post. dickhead. You wanna throw personal insults. This is all opinion-and that is all it is. You wanna personally insult me for my opinion. **** you. I cant stand cowards that hide behind a keyboard and monitor and talk big stuff when if it was in person they would be quiet as a mouse. Coward. Sorry for the profanity (mods) but this kind of thing really gets under my skin and I'm normally a pretty nice guy but this **** just pissed me off.

You can tell me to F off all you want, but take a look at the videos in the example below.

But like you said, I bet the turbo cobra can't even merge into traffic hahahaa :kaboom:

Here are some races I filmed years ago with SRVidz.

HP Twin T57 Car on 15 PSI AND PUMP GAS, full weight vs 03 Cobra w/ KB 2.2@18 PSI, 60 Shot, 4R70W Trans, race gas and full weight YouTube - TT Cobra vs. KB N20 Cobra

HP Twin T57 car again on 15 psi and pump gas, full weight vs broke7 (who will outdrive almost everybody on this thread lol) with the KB 2.4 @ 19 psi on a 60-70ish dry shot (he did say the car felt faster in cooler weather on more boost than it did in the warmer weather on lower boost and the small shot) YouTube - Twin-T57-03-Cobra-vs-KB-24-N20-03-Cobra

Note how neither twin screw and nitrous with all that awesome instant power came out ahead of the turbo car on the hit (except for the second race with broke7 and the tt car) brake boosting does wonders for a turbo car when done right ;)

That same TT Cobra made 804 rwhp on 22.5 psi on race gas, stock longblock

I have ridden in pullied cars, pullied cars with nitrous, Ported Eaton's, Ported Eaton's with nawz, KB 2.2's, KB 2.2's with nitrous, KB 2.4's, KB 2.4's with nitrous, Whipple 2.3s, Hellion T76 and that Twin T57 car pulled harder than all of them, especially on 22.5 psi. He never got it to run anything good at the track at all though, not enough practice/tire/2 step.

Man look at all that lag...... :lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
You can tell me to F off all you want, but take a look at the videos in the example below.

But like you said, I bet the turbo cobra can't even merge into traffic hahahaa :kaboom:

Man look at all that lag...... :lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:

oh yea I have bad troubles merging into traffic...ahahahahahahaha!!! Damn ion redlines kill me with their roots blowers!

Last edited:

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
I don't know what all this talk about lag is coming from...get a 2 step for a race from a dig or brake boost on the highway. I would run my car on pump @ 16 PSI against any twinscrew at 20 PSI on some torco on the highway and I'm pretty sure I won't get beat.

Edit....God I love this vid of a local auto Hellion car:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQFgI1xgptg"]YouTube - Hellion Turbo Cobra[/ame]

Last edited:

Kobra Khan

Krazy SVT Poster!
Established Member
I dont think I will buy another mustang till 2011-2012, and even then it will be an 07 Shelby GT500 that I would want to do a supersnake replica on it. My advice to anyone building a project is just to stay slow at buying parts but consistent over time you will have a reliable daily race car.

Now that would be sweet! You'd be trippin over dropped jaws all day!

commando

Established Member
I NEVER one time said that a TS was faster than a turbo car. I even said that in the overall scheme of things, a turbo car has more potential and will always win the dyno numbers game. It is a known fact that turbo cars and centrifugal cars do not have the low end torque of a TS. No one can deny that. Like I said before, each method has it's advantages and ends up as a matter of personal preference. :)

61mmstang94

Established Member
I NEVER one time said that a TS was faster than a turbo car. I even said that in the overall scheme of things, a turbo car has more potential and will always win the dyno numbers game. It is a known fact that turbo cars and centrifugal cars do not have the low end torque of a TS. No one can deny that. Like I said before, each method has it's advantages and ends up as a matter of personal preference. :)

The twin screw with nitrous on more boost and all that down low torque didn't seem to really do anything for it in the videos above....so can you try to help me understand how having more power from 1,000-3,000rpm really does anything for a car except create less traction?

With properly sized turbos and a cheap 2-step setup (or brake boosting from a roll) it would pretty much make that little bit of low end power the TS had and make it rather ineffective. But according to you a turbo cobra wouldn't even be able to merge into traffic hahahahaa.

Users who are viewing this thread