Best wheel sealant for forged wheels?!?

hittinboost

Established Member
Just picked up some Weld RT-S wheels and wanna keep them purty. Can someone point me in the right direction for the best sealant? Also would like some opinions on what polish to use, thanks guys. :beer:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
I really like the wheel waxes from CG. They work great for me. Something more permanent would be their JetSeal 109. Garry Deans Infinite Sealant is also good. I believe HD also makes a good sealant as well. Optiseal and optigard pro is probably the best IMO.

Whatever you do make sure you get a quality wheel cleaning spray. AmmoNYC, pinnacle, CG, Megiuars, all make good wheel cleaners. The ones you get in parts stores are very harsh and will usually destroy the clear coat on the wheels.

Last edited:

T0RCH3D

Established Member
I really like the wheel waxes from CG. They work great for me. Something more permanent would be their JetSeal 109. Garry Deans Infinite Sealant is also good. I believe HD also makes a good sealant as well. Optiseal and optigard pro is probably the best IMO.

Whatever you do make sure you get a quality wheel cleaning spray. AmmoNYC, pinnacle, CG, Megiuars, all make good wheel cleaners. The ones you get in parts stores are very harsh and will usually destroy the clear coat on the wheels.

Well put, I would like to add to that by saying that after cleaning your wheels with which ever product you choose neutralize that product afterwards and do not just wipe the product off. Doing so will still leave remnants of the wheel cleaner on the wheel which can/will harm the wheels finish over time. Just a good habit to get into and one that is overlooked.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Thanks for the input guys. How exactly does one go about neutralizing the product?

Do a wipe down with distilled water or diluted rubbing alcohol. You can also clay your wheels if you want to make absolute certain they are contaminant free. This will ensure the sealant will bond to the wheel.

An ISO rub down is also done in the detailing process for paint. It ensures that there are no oils etc left from polishing and you can really tell if your correction process worked. Then you can proceed with polishing/jeweling/sealant/glaze/wax etc

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread