Best Wheels On a New Edge

ZINCYELLOW01

Established Member
Starting to think about upgrading the wheels this summer, I like black wheels with yellow... what are your opinions? pics?

I love this car.. I just might try to find a set of RKs and do a yellow Cobra version of it!

1000041d.jpg

ochoa4730

ROOkie
Established Member
I personnally like all black fr's , but black rims with a yellow stangs go together like cops an badges.

cobraracer46

Banned
Starting to think about upgrading the wheels this summer, what are your opinions? pics?

The best wheels you can put on a new edge Cobra are from Fikse.

3112068327_ec62688e32_b.jpg
Available in a black anodized finish as well.

Welcome to Jongbloed Racing Wheels Another manufacture of high quality wheels.

BBS also makes some high quality wheels

If this discussion was about the worst wheels you can put on a mustang then the super heavy knock off 18'' Saleen, 18'' terminator and imitation 18'' Fr500 wheels would be wheels to avoid.

I remeber picking up a 17X9 knock off Saleen wheel wrapped with a new 275 40 17 tire I could not believe how heavy that wheel and tire combo was. It was far heavier than stock.:eek:

Tango7

Established Member
Not a fan of the total blacked out wheels. Black with chrome or polished lips looks great.. I am partial to TF Chicanes.
cobra102409003.jpg

matt87

Established Member
three kinds of wheels for us, stock oem wheels, junk replicas from any of the popular vendors, and lifestyles of the rich and famous wheels like fikse, bbs and true forged.

tistan

Established Member
It makes perfect sense to put a $3k set of wheels that add very little performance on a $10k car. If I had an exotic car I would drop $3-5k on a set of wheels. On a mustang I am buying the best bang for buck when it comes to wheels, and using rest of the money to make it faster. Even though I said saleen I did not buy them because everyone has them. I think my $800 set of ruff racing wheels look pretty good and not a lot of people have them. They only weighed 23# on the back wheels, which isn't bad for a 18x9.5 wheel.

DSC00217.jpg

DSC00206.jpg

Last edited:

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
IMHO...polished aluminum or silver, 5-pointed star wheels look best on the New Edge...period. They compliment the lines better than anything else. 18" is the best size. Make 'em Saleen...'03 Cobra... or silver 2000 Cobra R's...with Roush as an honorable mention. ('01 Cobra would be awesome if they came in 18x9's.) Seems like everyone wants something "different", but that doesn't mean they look better. Chrome's too bling and I can't understand black wheels at all. If you like anything else.. that's cool....it really is subjective, of course.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
It makes perfect sense to put a $3k set of wheels that add very little performance on a $10k car. If I had an exotic car I would drop $3-5k on a set of wheels. On a mustang I am buying the best bang for buck when it comes to wheels, and using rest of the money to make it faster. Even though I said saleen I did not buy them because everyone has them. I think my $800 set of ruff racing wheels look pretty good and not a lot of people have them. They only weighed 23# on the back wheels, which isn't bad for a 18x9.5 wheel.

Although I understand your point, the right set of wheels can "make" a car. Not everyone is trying to squeeze every last 10th or 1-2hp out of the car. I want a fun street car that looks good and is a little different than every other one on the road, so that's the direction I went.

OP, RKs look great on these cars. You'll have to hunt around until you find someone that's selling them for a reasonable price. There was some dude in the market selling plasmas for like $2,750, which is $1000 more than they're worth, IMO. They are nice wheels, but some people are crazy.

ZINCYELLOW01

Established Member
Thanks for the opinions guys. I used to HATE black wheels... something changed though, they're really starting to grow on me. My original plan was to widen the stockers in the back and do the enhanced stock look.

I don't mind spending a little extra on a good set of wheels because I figure if I ever sell the car, I could just sell the wheels separately first- they seem to hold their value relatively well. So far my favorite car on this thread is that Terminator that Competition posted... badass!

antirice23

Blue Oval Kid
Established Member
Tire Rack has Enkei RP1s in our bolt pattern, pretty good looking wheel, way lighter and better constructed than most of the knock offs, and the Enkei's are reasonably priced 250 a wheel IIRC.

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
So far my favorite car on this thread is that Terminator that Competition posted... badass!

If I had a yellow Cobra, it would sit exactly like the Yellow Terminator I posted. That thing looks pissed! I've almost thought about powdercoating my 17x9 and 17x10.5 wheels gloss black like that, but I don't know.

ZINCYELLOW01

Established Member
If I had a yellow Cobra, it would sit exactly like the Yellow Terminator I posted. That thing looks pissed! I've almost thought about powdercoating my 17x9 and 17x10.5 wheels gloss black like that, but I don't know.

Yeah.. I think those wheels are a little more suited to the fascia/rocker styling of an 03-04, but it could definitely look cool- I need to find someone local that would let me throw a set on to see what they look like. When I do my SRA swap I'm going to use H&R SSs so it ought to sit similar to that.

Decisions, decisions....

Tango7

Established Member
Although I understand your point, the right set of wheels can "make" a car. Not everyone is trying to squeeze every last 10th or 1-2hp out of the car. I want a fun street car that looks good and is a little different than every other one on the road, so that's the direction I went.

OP, RKs look great on these cars. You'll have to hunt around until you find someone that's selling them for a reasonable price. There was some dude in the market selling plasmas for like $2,750, which is $1000 more than they're worth, IMO. They are nice wheels, but some people are crazy.

I agree. I wanted to look good and did not care about the dragstrip as I have a vert.That is what makes the hobby go around... Everyone has his or her own tastes

Terminator-Fox

Soon...
Established Member
I dont know I'm not a huge fan of all black wheels. It almost looks like you lost your hub caps when your rolling down the road.

Predatorbird

Established Member
This topic is just like asking, "which exhaust sounds best?" There are many different style wheels that look good, it depends on your price and what type of wheel you want. Do you like 5 spoke or multi? Deep dish, no dish, or stepped lip? What color?

BBS RK's are great looking wheels. They look good in plasma, all black, and gunmetal.

DSC04445.jpg

DSC03484.jpg

Puppies028.gif

Puppies029.gif

PC110012.jpg

PC110015.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread