**beware of ming automotive detail of san antonio**

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
vettes.jpg

The story begins yesterday when my buddy's wife backed into my car while I was visiting their house,
the damage was not severe just some light scratches that would most likely come out with a professional detailing.

My buddy gave me his insurance info and I was off to find the right place to fix my car.

I got word of a place called MING AUTOMOTIVE DETAIL thru a body shop that I went to because they contract out some of their work to them,
so I decided to go check it out.

When I got there I spoke to David the owner and asked him if he thought the scratches would come out and he assured me they would.
I then asked him how much he would charge to fix the car and he replied, "$325 and that will be for buffing and compounding the whole car".
I replied to that with "oh, I don’t want the whole car done just the bumper" and he got really defensive and started ripping at my car saying,
"I’m not doing just the bumper, you have to do the whole car!"

So, although I knew he didn’t have to do the whole car that it was just his way of trying to get more money out of me for a bigger job,
I agreed with him since it was going to be paid by the insurance and told him I would be back.

Well, fast forward to today, after talking to the insurance,
they gave me a list of body shops that I could choose from to fix my car with a warranty,
Ming Automotive Detail wasn’t in it but the body shop that had referred me to them was so I visited them again knowing that they would contract the job out to Ming Automotive Detailing and got an estimate.
The estimate came out to be $305, which was $20 lower than Ming Automotive Detailing had quoted me.

I took the car back to Ming Automotive Detailing and while talking to David about the car he stated that he was now only going to do the bumper,
he also said he wasn’t sure if the scratches would all come out. I asked him "so what if they don’t come out?" and he replied with "its your car, your scratches, your problem!"
He also stated that I would have to pay him myself and that he was not going to deal with the body shop or the insurance for payment.

Well, while trying to explain to him that the body shop would pay him his wife or secretary named Peggy said, "Get out! We will not work on your car, you can find another place!"
As I was leaving I told them both that there was no need to be rude and that Id be happy to find another place.

End of story.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
I stopped there once to ask about a clear bra install and I did not walk away with a warm fuzzy feeling.
If you want the name of an excellent detailer in San Antonio, pm me.
If you find a good body shop in this town, please pass the info along.

monX

Established Member
Wow, that's how they treat potential customers? If he had that attitude with you, he most likely has it with other customers, Guess they're doing really good...

Users who are viewing this thread