BEWARE OF N20L, RonL (Boca Ron)

SvtFireFighter

03SvtFireFighter
Established Member
Such a long story but here it goes!

I gave N20L aka Ron Barfield about 6k for a built motor. 6 months ago he said I was getting Stage 2 Cams, Ported Heads, H Rods, Cp Pistons, Stall, Fuel Pumps 255, Injectors #60 and didn't get any of the above. The first 2 months of the 6 he would call back and make up lies like its at the machine shop or he had the new motor in but its making a knocking noise. Long story short the other 4 months never heard from the guy. The last time I talked to him he needed $800 more dollars to finish the job.

So I gave him a money order never heard from him again. So I tracked down my truck in South Florida. I went down there never heard from Ron that day either so I went to this warehouse where my friend said he found my truck. Found my truck sitting outside with a flat tire and it hasnt ever been moved. So I called the Police and got my truck. The warehouse was broken into which I have pics. There were 2 crack heads living in there by my TRUCK! So the crack heads said they havent heard from Ron in like 3 days he owes them money and blah blah. So I took all the parts I could get that were mine there are soooo many parts that have been stolen - dont even want to start the list. I got a motor that is like 30% done (from what I can tell, is a stock motor rebuilt), wiring which I know there 40% missing. He took my Nitrous system which sucks. I'm glad my friend called me and told me where my truck was because the Warehouse was pretty much cleaned out. My motor was next it was ready to go out the door.

Anyway there is alot more stuff that I dont feel like going into. The point is dont let this guy Ron Barfield say he will build you a motor. Btw Im not the only guy he did this to a guy name Joel, he's out 10k and Ron gave him a motor that doesnt even work. He left his truck the same time I did. We will be taking this guy down I hope the drugs were worth it. Because you are going down. Sorry I had to Vent!
If there anyone else that has be scammed by this guy contact me so we can bring him down. 813-294-3907 Thanks

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
Is this Ron aka "BOCARON"? He was banned from here a while ago.

He's a friggin liar and a flake.

He also thinks he's a tough guy. :loser:
Oh damn i bet its a good possability

svtdvm

NEWB
Established Member
Why would anyone let some schmuck off the street build them a motor? Did this guy have a long standing rep for building great motors? I'm not 30 min from Boca Raton and I've never heard of the guy.

Last edited:

BAD/KARMA

Lightning Nut
Established Member
Yes It's Boca Ron. aka N20L aka 01Diablo
SVT Firefighter you were warned and didn't listen. A lot of Fl. guys send you PM's with warnings about this scum bag.
Your not the only one that has a problem. It seems Ron was going to install a engine for a fellow Lightning owner. This guy bought the Engine from a Guy in Michigan that works for Ford and they hand build engines. The engine was shipped to Ron's shop. Ron pulled the engine out of his own Lightning and put it in the guys Lightning. Now that guy has Ron's engine (oil burning POS) and Ron has the engine that the guy paid for installed in his lightning.
The sooner this guy is back in prison the better.
Later Kevin.P.:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Socom688

Cobra > All other cars..
Established Member
svtdvm said:
Why would anyone let some schmuck off the street build them a motor? Did this guy a a long standing rep for building great motors. I'm not 30 min from Boca Raton and I've never heard of the guy.

Should have went with Al Papitto down in Tampa. The motor he built for my brothers L is sick.

nielsio

Luving the sun here!
Established Member
Damn that SUCKS! when you find this guy, you should just tie him behind an L and start doing donuts untill he friggin' gets it that you shouldn't mess with people's hard earned money. So cheap from these bastards to think they can get away with this crap. Really feel for you man.

Screaming01L

Go Fast or Go Home
Established Member
Socom688 said:
Should have went with Al Papitto down in Tampa. The motor he built for my brothers L is sick.
rflmao ....... Youre on the wrong side of the state. Al's shop is in Vero beach of of sw 3rd and Old Dixie, and yes, He should of gone with Al

Davesvt00

Established Member
Damn man looks like this guy is getting everyone. There are plenity of builders in florida to chose from. If your around the Tampa area check out Sam at Coastal Dyno. He tuned my truck and knows what he is doing with L's. Stay away from Race Related, had a buddy get boned at that place. There was another guy who recommended Al P on here ...sounds like a straight guy. Do your reseach man....hope things work out

Lord Tauk

SVT God
Established Member
What a terrible situation to be in. I feel for you.

One thing I don't understand is, you paid "Boca Ron" for a built motor and install too? Okay.. so you say you've tracked where you truck was since he isn't obviously doing anything, aparently your truck is at his "shop"? Wouldn't you have already known where it is as you drove it there for an install? What am I missing here?

or did he come and get it from you to drive it to his "shop"?

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
Bob of course you're talking bout a green Long Needle Ga Pine Cone....LOL

SvtFireFighter

03SvtFireFighter
Established Member
I dropped it off at another shop that he had. This one I dont know If it is his or not. Plus the motor and install for the money I gave him. To get my truck back on the road I'll have to wait till Im done with Paramedic school next month to start on this project.

Thanks Guys for the replys. I know he takes blocker for his drug addiction which I found over there in my truck!

Last edited:

Lord Tauk

SVT God
Established Member
SvtFireFighter said:
I dropped it off at another shop that he had. This one I dont know If it is his or not. Plus ya the motor and install I have some parts. I'll have to wait till Im done with Paramedic school next month to start on this. Ya the Mich guy I think is the one Im talking about he lives there now his dad lives around there.
I talked to him alot on the phone.

Thanks Guys for the replys. I know he takes blocker for his drug addiction which I found over there.

What a nice guy, driving your truck around and leaving it. :nonono:

Thanks, that cleared that up for me atleast. Was just curious.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Fade 2 Black said:
I hope that lying sack of monkey shit gets tazered repeatedly after being analy violated with a green pinecone!!
You still sore after not getting that intake

runs and hides

Users who are viewing this thread