Big Brakes for the SVT Cobra

bfgtim

Established Member
I'm really interested in getting a really nice looking set of "big brakes" for my Terminator.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm more interested in aesthetics than I am performance.

I decided I would buy the 6 Piston Wilwood kit with the 13" drilled and slotted two piece rotors but when I look online...there is no option for a rear "Big Brake"

I contacted Wilwood and they put my in touch with a company in Arizona called "TCE Performance Products" that sells the entire kit plus an in house made braket to hold a 4 piston (I think) rear caliper and a separate parking brake unit.

I just emailed them for details and pricing...but I'm pretty excited!

I think all of that behind the OE chrome Cobra rims would look incredible.

Anyway, just passing along the info if anyone is interested in a solution getting a 'big brake' kit on an IRS car.

MG0h3

Established Member
I don't know much about different brake setups, but Bruce at Full Tilt Boogie Racing does. He is a vendor here. Might check out what he has to offer.

bfgtim

Established Member
I did. they don't carry anything for the rear. not for IRS anyway.

I also know that he doesn't recommend a 'big brake' for the rear especially a 4 pot...but like I said, i'm interested in looks more than anything else.

52merc

Established Member
Right off FTBR website. 13" conversion kit uses the OE calipers.

upload_2018-12-7_18-48-12.png

bfgtim

Established Member
those are just the rotors

I'm talking about calipers too. If you look at Baer, Brembo, Wilwood non of there kits fit the IRS

bfgtim

Established Member
ya, basically not needed but the Lightning guys seem to like TCE stuff

I'd never even heard of TCE before tonight. anyway, I was excited there was an option.

I don't know what route I'll go with the rears (size) but I just didn't want to have a big beautiful bright red 6 piston front set-up and a fugly, tiny OEM rear brake with dull black paint

bfgtim

Established Member
Yes, but they come with the adapters for mounting the OE calipers. I'm not aware of anything else available for the IRS.

Well, now you are. TCE makes brakets so you can upgrade your rears along with your front calipers if you so desire.

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
I'd be interested in what they're offering for the rear. I'll have to check them out. I have the Bear Nickel Plated 6P's up front, with their two piece rotors on all four corners.
e4d33d07-de63-4047-a045-0431eaf4fc0f_zpsbfxnaimz.jpg

Last edited:

BMSTNG

Established Member
I'd never even heard of TCE before tonight. anyway, I was excited there was an option.

I don't know what route I'll go with the rears (size) but I just didn't want to have a big beautiful bright red 6 piston front set-up and a fugly, tiny OEM rear brake with dull black paint
I'm running the Wilwood, 6 piston, 14" rotor set up on the front with wilwood's rear rotors and stock brake calipers on the rear. The rear calipers are painted red to match the front and looks a lot better than the factory black calipers. So there's another option for you if your worried about the looks.

bfgtim

Established Member
TCE just got back to me. $1869+shipping for the rear kit and 1400 for the front. That the 13” rotors. 6 piston front, 4 piston rear with parking brake.
They don’t know of OE cable works on parking brake so custom length may need to be ordered.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
TCE just got back to me. $1869+shipping for the rear kit and 1400 for the front. That the 13” rotors. 6 piston front, 4 piston rear with parking brake.
They don’t know of OE cable works on parking brake so custom length may need to be ordered.

$1900 is a lot of monies to spend on a rear brake setup. Especially if it's just for looks.

Users who are viewing this thread