Big CA ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

l8nightsvt

Established Member
Thanks for sharing that. A little bit of knowledge goes a long way.

Any updates from the OP about his situation?

My court date is in late-August, ill be sure to let everyone know how it goes. I'm still debating whether or not to hire an attorney.

Goal: Try to get ticket reduced to a sub-100 mph ticket and prevent getting my license suspended for 30 days.

Last edited:

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
Does this count as a dragon? Just asking - you're the expert!

1 ticket issued by the Nevada Highway Patrol . Radar. 130MPH in a 70. Note the ticket has a promise to appear date. Note the Court Mandatory box is UNchecked. One receipt from the Goodsprings Court for $500.00 Marked T/S August 22, 2005. T/S= Traffic School Note the bail receipt is checked citation. The appearance date is August 3. The traffic school completion date is August 22. Do you know of any court that would give a defendant 19 days to complete traffic school? Could it be I never made a court appearance for 50MPH over the limit?

NV-TICKET3.jpg

You paid a $500 fine and validated the officer's position that you were operating your car at 130 mph on a public roadway. Wow.........my image of you is now tarnished. Beaten by a mere traffic cop - what is the world coming to???

If you had half the brain you think you do you would know it is SOP to leave the "mandatory appearance" box unchecked on high speed violations for out-of-state violators. The outcome is predictible. The violator either pays the fine or the court issues a warrant. In the majority of cases they take the bait and pay the fine. BTW - thank you for contributing to the state of Nevada's bottom line. :burnout:

BTW - in what bizzaro world (besides your story) does a local judge have the legal authority to order a CHP officer to a walking beat??

As usual - you prove yourself an arrogant fool with no way to support your claims; except the posting of citations you received for obviously disregarding the public safety. And losing citations at that. That's kinda pathetic. :loser:

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
My court date is in late-August, ill be sure to let everyone know how it goes. I'm still debating whether or not to hire an attorney.

Goal: Try to get ticket reduced to a sub-100 mph ticket and prevent getting my license suspended for 30 days.

Good luck; there are options you can try that work within the system - let me know if you want some assistance. And you can always seek legal advice from a local traffic attorney who has experience in your area.

STG

Banned
You paid a $500 fine and validated the officer's position that you were operating your car at 130 mph on a public roadway. Wow.........my image of you is now tarnished. Beaten by a mere traffic cop - what is the world coming to???

If you had half the brain you think you do you would know it is SOP to leave the "mandatory appearance" box unchecked on high speed violations for out-of-state violators. The outcome is predictible. The violator either pays the fine or the court issues a warrant. In the majority of cases they take the bait and pay the fine. BTW - thank you for contributing to the state of Nevada's bottom line. :burnout:

BTW - in what bizzaro world (besides your story) does a local judge have the legal authority to order a CHP officer to a walking beat??

As usual - you prove yourself an arrogant fool with no way to support your claims; except the posting of citations you received for obviously disregarding the public safety. And losing citations at that. That's kinda pathetic. :loser:

1. I never stated a judge ordered a CHP officer to walk a beat. I wrote the judge threatened the CHP officer (empty or not) with a beat for actually writing a ticket fot 56 in a 55. The judge dressed the CHP officer down in court. Your inability to understand what I wrote confirms that some LEOs can make lousy witnesses in court.

3. This is the exact story I told in my post and Ford SVTFan accused me of making up.

4. You don't think driving away from a 130 MPH traffic stop is a win?

5. Thanks for the LEO tip on where to speed. Evidently, if you get caught doing 130MPH and you're out of state, you'll always get traffic school and no points. Thank you for validating the opinion of those who believe traffic enforcement is pure revenue generation and has absolutely no bearing on public safety.

6. I'm off for a drive through Montana.

7. OF COURSE THE OFFICER VALIDATED MY SPEED OF 130MPH. HOW ELSE COULD I PROVE DOING 130MPH in I 15?

Last edited:

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
How is driving away a win? Contrary to popular belief; in CA (and many other states) straight speeding (even 130 mph) does not require a mandatory appearance or an arrest, or any other penalty other than that levied by the court upon disposition.

And of course it is about the money - if you decide to break the law (which obviously you do quite a bit of) there is and should be a penalty, so if you enjoy paying fines, by all means enjoy!

As I have stated many times, the job is quite rewarding and I never take the contacts personally. Losing an occasional ticket in court is part of the game, afterall statistically-speaking 97% of all citations end in conviction. I can live with the 3%'ers.

What is a bigger concern is the obvious distain you have for the profession and worse, the jealousy you display over Adam's "freshly minted" law degree. Try not being so obvious about it and others might actually listedn to you. At this point you sound like all the other trolls who come and go.

STG

Banned
How is driving away a win? Contrary to popular belief; in CA (and many other states) straight speeding (even 130 mph) does not require a mandatory appearance or an arrest, or any other penalty other than that levied by the court upon disposition.

And of course it is about the money - if you decide to break the law (which obviously you do quite a bit of) there is and should be a penalty, so if you enjoy paying fines, by all means enjoy!

As I have stated many times, the job is quite rewarding and I never take the contacts personally. Losing an occasional ticket in court is part of the game, afterall statistically-speaking 97% of all citations end in conviction. I can live with the 3%'ers.

What is a bigger concern is the obvious distain you have for the profession and worse, the jealousy you display over Adam's "freshly minted" law degree. Try not being so obvious about it and others might actually listedn to you. At this point you sound like all the other trolls who come and go.

Disdain for law enforcement? There you go making a snap judgment. If I hate law enforcement and LEOs, how did I ever amass 100+ hours in a police helicopter and in excess of 1,400 hrs. volunteering with police departments?

Gee. I musta been too dumb to realize I hate cops. Either that or I deserve an Academy Award.

I'm glad you win 97% of the time. I'm glad you didn't let it go to your head. I'm really lucky to avoid the 97th percentile 95% of the time.

Hey, if you tell me getting off with traffic school and a no-points fine for 130MPH is par for the course, so be it. I just wish you hadn't shattered my whole world.

P.S.: That $500 fine in 2005 was the first one I paid since 1979 - $10 cost for not having my registration card. 2009 - 1979 = 30. $510 / 30 = $17 dollars per year. One 130MPH ticket beats a glove compartment full of window tint,exhaust and u-turn tickets.

Last edited:

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
Heck, I know guys who have spent hundreds of hours in the back seat of my cruiser - does that count as volunteer hours??

Have a great day, you truly are a legend in your own mind........:bs:

STG

Banned
Heck, I know guys who have spent hundreds of hours in the back seat of my cruiser - does that count as volunteer hours??

Have a great day, you truly are a legend in your own mind........:bs:

Sadly, it doesn't. It does raise questions about your definition of cruiser. I'm still bummed out about a fine and no points for 130MPH being SOP. Why did the OP start this thread?

Last edited:

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
He started the thread seeking advice from LEO's or volunteers with thousands of hours..........:lol:

However, on a bright note he has shown the capability to plow through all of the BS and seek advice off-line where he will obtain the assistance he needs.

Again; have a great day. My guess is we will hear more of your court room victory stories as time goes on.........:bowdown:

STG

Banned
He started the thread seeking advice from LEO's or volunteers with thousands of hours..........:lol:

However, on a bright note he has shown the capability to plow through all of the BS and seek advice off-line where he will obtain the assistance he needs.

Again; have a great day. My guess is we will hear more of your court room victory stories as time goes on.........:bowdown:

Gosh, I'm such a dumbass. I thought the OP started the thread because he got caught doing 100+MPH and didn't get a fine and no points.

Thanks for making it clear that volunteering for police departments has been a total waste.

Keep on cruising! (Just don't cruise like Craig Alan Peyer.):beer:

Last edited:

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

I'm sorry, did you say something? :bs: :bs: :bs:

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
Mendacem memorem esse oportet.

I'm sure you have heard that many times in your life..........maybe even from a few judges. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You should quit while you are only behind a little bit.

SVT10TH#1721

Established Member
Is it in Kern County (Bakersfield) or in LA County?

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
Just trying to point out that no matter how hard you try, you are not the end-all expert on law, traffic tickets or anything else. That's my impression of you. I'm willing to bet that's the impression of most others here. You're a LEO with a new law degree holding court in your Donut Shop.

Sorry if I stepped on your Lord of the Flies toes!

How many times have you appeared in traffic court and questioned / cross examined a California Highway Patrolman?

haha touche

TERMIN8TR

Established Member

I just read recently (I forget which state) that since people are driving less, law enforcement has been isuuing less citations. So to compensate they have raised the price of the fines and are making more money than ever.
So yes, you're correct it IS all about the money.

That is the standard answer when you have nothing else to say. And the word is "disdain"
Jealousy? are you kidding? Now that's REALLY funny

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
BTW - any advice for the OP, or would you rather just be the forum's grammar troll??

No answer required. :bored:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread