Big day today!

dvast8n

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I took today and tomorrow off to spend quality time with my Cobra. I'll be installing a bunch of parts today.

svt-install001.gif

MAC ceramic coated long tubes
Lethal o/r x-pipe
H&R Race Springs
JLT RAI
BilletFlow IRS brace

Who's coming over to help!! :beer:

Update: After 2 hours I got the mid-pipe and starter out and egr tube disconnected. Getting ready to loosen motor mount and header bolts.

Last edited:

dvast8n

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Break time....

I got the steering column disconnected and 6 out of 8 bolts on the passenger side off. I got the passenger side motor mount loose and will jack it up a little to get the two top remaining bolts.

Joe5.0

Established Member
Just a heads up when u disconnect the Steering Shaft make sure you let it sit towards the driver side of the car instead of just dangling there angled toward the passenger side. Otherwise when you bolt the header up, the shaft will be stock on the other side of the header and you wont be able to reconnect it, meaning takeing the header off again.....

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
NICE!...

You know what would look good with those parts. a set of Chrome Saleen wheels...... :)

dvast8n

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Pita!!!

Got the passenger side header off and studs. Studs are showing in the picture below but I got them out. I didn't think I would ever use a 3/32 socket!

svt-install004.gif

Right now I'm battling the passenger side long tube! Went ALL day until now without yelling a swear word! :cuss: For the last hour I've been trying to get the long tube bolted up. I'm hold the collector with my left hand and manuevre the header in position and with my right hand, using my middle finger to line up the gasket and thread the stage 8 bolt with my thumb and index finger. :mj: Any tips are greatly appreciated because right now I've given up until my blood pressure comes down.

sigh...:rollseyes

Last edited:

saleen09

Established Member
Dvast8n, where are you at? PM me.... May be able to swing in and help on the way home....

dvast8n

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Nice cold shower felt good! I'm headed to the fair to get some good ol fair food and to blow of some steam.

I appreciate the offer to stop by and help.

saleen09

Established Member
Dvast8n, for everyone's future reference you should change the location in to : BFE WASHINGTON! :)

Too bad you're not closer......

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
It will be worth it in the end.
I was lucky on the other hand. My Prochamber is on. Already took it out. What a great sounding mid pipe! I recommend this one if you feel the other were too loud as I did. I had the MRT and Bassani offroadpipe and the Prochamber is way better. NO interior resonance!:banana: Sounds great too.

dvast8n

Boost Junkie
Established Member
04MystiCobra said:
It will be worth it in the end.
I was lucky on the other hand. My Prochamber is on. Already took it out. What a great sounding mid pipe! I recommend this one if you feel the other were too loud as I did. I had the MRT and Bassani offroadpipe and the Prochamber is way better. NO interior resonance!:banana: Sounds great too.
I got a good price on a MAC o/r H if I don't like this Lethal o/r X. Muscle car vs exotic sound. We'll see what sounds good in the end. I thought about prochamber before I went with long tubes. Plans are meant to be changed I suppose.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread