Big day today!

dvast8n

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Back at it this afternoon! This afternoon I finished bolting the driver's side header and my very last bolt I had to get the thread chaser out. But anyways, I got the headers bolted up, k member back up, steering rack on. I went to hook the front sensor harness (green) up and the extension doesn't fit. The extensions fit only the rear sensor (blue). Am I missing something here? The green one's were pre-cat and the blue ones post cats. So I put the green ones on the header and blue ones on the midpipe. I have two extensions and 2 MIL eliminators.

Anyways...back to the garage.

dvast8n

Boost Junkie
Established Member
11:59pm I'm finished!

I'll fire it up tomorrow morning. Wish me luck! I ended up using the extensions for o2 sensors up front. I had to grind the little tabs off because they didn't line up with the extensions. The rears I ended up plugging the hole and will shut the rear sensor off with xcal2 (arrives tomorrow).

I can't believe how low my car sits now with the H&R race springs. As I let the jack down it kept going and going and going. I had to go get another floor jack to get my other floor jack out. Time for low profile jack!

Pictures and hopefully a little video clip tomorrow or sometime this weekend.

vr4_007

Established Member
Congrats man,.. I see your goin the X-Cal route as well. I may follow suit if I dont get good results with the Diable Predator

Oxford Snake

Established Member
vr4_007 said:
Congrats man,.. I see your goin the X-Cal route as well. I may follow suit if I dont get good results with the Diable Predator

The results will be about the same, it's all about the options. SCT has a great piece of (free) software named LiveLink which allows you to datalog just about very aspect of the ecu and up to 2 analog inputs. I'd post that Predator in the market and start looking to buy an Xcal2.

dvast8n

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Got home today to look at this exhaust leak....I got good news and bad news. Sounds like I don't have a exhaust leak in my driver's side exhaust. I will go get a inspection mirror and visual check for carbon. The bad news is the plug I put in to plug the rear o2 fell inside the x-pipe causing a bad rattle.

MAC Long Tube with Lethal X-Pipe AND STOCK exhaust is loud when you rev it above 2k. Idle sounds great and reving it has a race car sound to it with a little popping when coming down off the rpm's. I have a SLP LM catback coming and I think it will be insane. I might have to reconsider my midpipe or catback. Video clip to come this weekend. I have a MAC O/R H that I might try.

Last edited:

dvast8n

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Alrighty!

Here's the finished product! What I installed was MAC LT, Lethal X-Pipe and left the stock catback. I have a SLP LM coming on the 20th. I also installed H&R Race springs and ran 1 isolator instead of both (lower iso on rear, upper iso on the front).

Here's before and after:

svt-install002.jpg

svt-install010.jpg

svt-install011.jpg

svt-install006.gif

svt-install008.gif

Sound clip/vid: Start up, rev 2k, rev 3k, rev 4-5k.
th_svt-install012.jpg

Last edited:

dvast8n

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Things I would of done different:

1. Drop the K Member sooner! So much easier when it's out of the way.

Things that helped out a lot:

1.Dropping the K Member
2.Having stubby and ratcheting combination wrenches
3.Thread the stage 8 header bolts before installing new headers. Makes it easier to start the bolt when your holding the header in place.
4.Using zip ties to hold the caliper out the way and hold the steering rack to the front sway bar while the K member was out.

I'm sure there's more but those were the major things that helped out a lot.

Last edited:

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
Dear god : long tubes, off road X, AND a SLP LM? Do you plan on reviving the dead at the local cemetary? :)

Glad you got it all dialed in. You should pop on over on the 25th for the dyno day.

Users who are viewing this thread