Bike Vids!

Spritle

Anti-EV
Established Member
Yup fast bike. This video was on a bike forum a while back. The guy had some gearing changes and the speedo overlay was not calibrated yet. Actuality "only" going about 180mph.

Smokinbago

MN Sports Fan!
Established Member
Ether way it goes, that bike is sick. Where is that guy able to find that long of a road to get a bike up to that speed?The only roads that I have seen like that is I10 in FL, but that road has numerous speed traps.

JrayGT

Juiced5.0
Established Member
Originally posted by Spritle
Yup fast bike. This video was on a bike forum a while back. The guy had some gearing changes and the speedo overlay was not calibrated yet. Actuality "only" going about 180mph.
lol you make it sound like 180's slow

BenBrausen

Established Member
180mph is slow when you look at what some of these turbo and supercharged Busa's can do. I have a friend with a turbo Busa that puts down over 600hp. Top speed on that bad boy is over 200mph. Even a GSXR 750 has a top speed of 168mph. The GSXR 1000 (drool) has an even higher top speed and that's all stock. You should be able to push 180mph in a stock Busa.

wtpSVTkh01

Established Member
has anyone seen the video of the turbo busa? its all black and a couple of minutes long. the rider flies on it and that thing is just stupid fast. its crazy. if anyone has it could they please post it.

toby

I have seen that vid, I will try to find it. As for fast, my stock 99 Busa has gone from a standing start to 170mph on speedo in fourth and back down to 55mph in half mile or so. It just won't quit pulling.

BenBrausen

Established Member
But at the same time you gotta remember those digital bike speedos aren't the most accurate at that speed but it's still amazing. I borrowed my friend's turbo Busa the other night and posted the story of the 2 cop outruns on another board (with great criticizm). I pegged over 185mph at one point and then slowed it up.

sonicbullet

Established Member
Man that video was B.S... I have had a 99 tl100r and a 2001 gsxr1000 and they never took off like that.. that is a fake ...

Bikes are fast though...

My 03 cobra feels like it has more tq.

Maybe that is because I have been riding a yamaha 426f for a year now....

BenBrausen

Established Member
Doesn't look like BS to me. That's a turbo Busa on that video. I have a friend with a GSXR 1300 with one badass turbo. It last dyno'd at 530 Horsepower & 309 Ft.Lbs.of Torque. It'll take you on a ride like that or better. The biggest problem you have is holding on. 8 second 1/4 mile on his first time with the turbo.

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
I wonder why the speedo kept going up while the front wheel was off the road? Hmmmmm... "Gosh, Batman, isn't the speedo usually on that wheel?" "Right Throbin!"

You make the call...

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
HOnestly, it did seem as if he was going fast, but not 180mph. Watch the lines of the road. Hell when he was going 100 it seemed as if he was doing 55! Look again.

dougwg

Established Member
Originally posted by EatonEggbeater
I wonder why the speedo kept going up while the front wheel was off the road? Hmmmmm... "Gosh, Batman, isn't the speedo usually on that wheel?" "Right Throbin!"

You make the call...

the busa's speedo is NOT driven off the front tire

Users who are viewing this thread