Billet Coyote block, anyone?

MRSUPRA

Established Member
Very interesting. Keep us updated.
Is their a price listed for the Pro Mod block?

Edit: Nevermind, I see it at $3499 for the block.

Last edited:

Torchy

Established Member
There's a big difference between 1/4 mile and a full mile.. No doubt, you guys have made some ridiculous power.

I've talked to several shops, and even guys running the new sportsman block.. They are having issues with cracking these blocks in the valley. To me, that points to a weakness in the overall core. I don't see how sleeving can fix this.. as it's not breaking sleeves. It's simply cracking the block in valley due to twisting/stress.

Terry (beefcake) has cracked his sportsman block at around 1100hp.. There's another Lund tuned twin turbo car that has cracked as well in the 1200hp range. Same failure.. L&M confirms that this is a big issue, and they have a pile of Coyote blocks piling up as well.

So, I'd like to know what you guys are doing to prevent this? To me, it represents a fundamental flaw that cannot be corrected.. just like the old 5.0 iron blocks back in the day. How are you guys making over 2000hp with a modified OEM casting and not having issues, when others are breaking the beefed up sportsman block with almost half the power?

Say I buy one of your built to the hilt blocks.. You build it for 2000hp, and we go run it in the Mile. If it cracks due to some sort of structural integrity issue, will you stand behind it? Because if not, I don't want to take the chance that I loose a very expensive engine when I could have gone billet from the get-go.

I have a lot of respect for you guys.. don't misunderstand me here. I just don't see how you're not having structural integrity issues when others are at much less power.

And so we're not confused here.. I'm not talking about pushing the sleeve into the water jacket.. I'm talking about the aluminum/webbing in the valley cracking.

Hey MMR there were a few other questions here that didn't get answered that I'd like to know if you could answer. I'm really interested in making well beyond 1000hp and have been following all these stock block issues as well. Could you elaborate on these questions more please?

Also is the 2000HP rated at the flywheel?

White5.0HH

Established Member
definantly subscribing. Good God only a handfull of things i would choose over going 250 m.p.h in a Ford. But in a Mustang FTW. Wish ya'll the best of luck on the build and to the driver.

twistedneck

Established Member
What exhaust valve are you going with? Making that much power I'm worried you will need a giant super strong exhaust valve, spring, and seat with all that cylinder pressure from 2000 HP..

mhyjek

Established Member
I think where money would be well spent and maybe recouped would be in making a more aero efficient front end. I think if you could get CD buy .05 or so it would take a lot less power. These cars are bricks relative to C6 vette. I know I would spend money if there was a good looking efficient front bumper light replacement retaining factory bumper mounts and oem lighting hardware. Probably would cost to much to do but is an option?

specizripn

Established Member
Hey MMR there were a few other questions here that didn't get answered that I'd like to know if you could answer. I'm really interested in making well beyond 1000hp and have been following all these stock block issues as well. Could you elaborate on these questions more please?

Also is the 2000HP rated at the flywheel?

I read on a blog on mustang daily that they made 2,138 hp, and by the wording I think it is a flywheel rating. I'm not sure if this is accurate or not.

Blown2004Stang

Established Member
What exhaust valve are you going with? Making that much power I'm worried you will need a giant super strong exhaust valve, spring, and seat with all that cylinder pressure from 2000 HP..

We'll be using a Super Alloy Ferrea valve, which will be more than adequate. The guides are heat treated copper/bronze alloy, and the seats are beryllium copper alloy.

txcharlie

Never fast enough
Established Member
Time to revive this thread!!! What happened? How did it turn out?

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
We intend to release the MMR Billet block within 30-60 days. It will not disappoint!

GIF-Al-Bundy-excited-happy-hooray-GIF.gif

Users who are viewing this thread