Billet Pro Shop New Build for 2015

BilletProShop

Established Member
Chasing an 8sec ET with the TVS is not easy and we never said it would be but we are so close we can't give up now. We honestly thought it was going to be done this year but we obviously had to run into problems. As most of you know already know, NMRA MIR was our first testing with the new setup and we came so close to knocking on 8 second's door. (Click here for Vid) From there we dialed in the tune and reduced it's weight significantly. Dyno numbers proved the beast was in 8 sec territory but it never happened because of one problem: Shifting second. It literally took all summer to get all the bugs out (WOT Box settings, a bent tab for the clutch signal, the clutch, spinning etc etc...) and once we did this happens:

[youtube_browser]H_uocnE8pfg[/youtube_browser]

A 9.06 pass at 157mph with a so so 60''. We were ecstatic! Only problem is that the Brand New Magnum XL died after that first and only run...
NMRA BG coming quick we ordered a new one and had just enough time to install it and leave for the finals in BG hoping that it would last a couple of runs there.
Knock on wood it lasted al weekend but we were't seeing the times we hoped for. 9 teens all weekend with low 150 MPH which didn't seem normal. Still managed to get the quickest 6-speed award nonetheless and we had an awesome time with all you SVTP members and friends. We also had the chance to hit nitrous in eliminations and went for a crazy ride! The car wasn't setup for the extra power and Mat couldn't keep it staight so he had to let off.

[youtube_browser]CJjtpbrxHDw[/youtube_browser]

Watch the second pass
[youtube_browser]OcsNpDcG994[/youtube_browser]

So you must be wondering about the reasoning behind our slower ET's?

Octane...too much of it! We ran out of our usual 110 and mixed some higher octane fuel making it harder to burn thus making less power
frown.gif

Enough of 2014, now that it is behind us we are looking forward for NMRA MIR 2015. Here's our part current mod list with new mods written in bold:

BMR K-Member
BMR Adjustable A-Arms - Modded to bring wheels inwards for 2015
BMR X-Treme Anti Roll Bar
BMR Lower control arms w/ Race ends
BMR Upper Control Arm
BMR Parachute Mount for 2015
QA1 single adjustable rear shocks- Viking double adjustable rear shocks for 2015
QA1 single adjustable coil overs
Weld Racing Magnum 2.0 front & Rear
Stange Front brake setup (CJ Setup)
Strange Spindles (CJ Setup)
BPS Built 5.4L Iron Block - BPS Built 5.4L Aluminum Block for 2015 (higher Compression)
Manley I-Beams
Custom Diamond Pistons
Custom Bullet Cams
Trunk Mounted Intercooler
Nitrous
GT500KR Hood - Cervini lift-off Cowl Inducton Hood for 2015
BPS Twin 73mm T/B - Monoblade 170mm for 2015
BPS Ported VMP GEN 2 TVS No we're not going KB as some rumours are saying!
ATI 15% Lower
BPS 2.396'' Upper pulley
BPS Light weight Rear Brake Setup
BPS Lightweight Rad Supports
BPS A/C Delete
BPS Oil Cooler Delete for 2015 (Coming soon)
Some more MAJOR weight savings for 2015
T56 Magnum XL - Faceplate for 2015 Yes we're sticking with the manual trans!

So this is where we are at:

20150118_125306_zpsairbswz3.jpg

20150116_103807_zpscmgeopgt.jpg

20150116_103529_zpsypibte4r.jpg

Last edited:

BilletProShop

Established Member
what was the setup when you broke into the 9's. i think it would be interesting to compare your setup then and now.

when we first broke into the nines we ran 9.54. Differences between now (9.04) and then off the top io my head are:

Bps built 9.5:1 compression vs built 9:1 we had laying around before
Weight savings
Port and egr delete trinity vs ported trinity
140 maf housing vs jlt 127
Various suspension tweeks
Cooling mods
Gears and transmission ratios
practice in driving def made improvments
Aerodynamics
Lower intake port
Custom cams vs stock cams

i beleive that is all. Sylvain can edit this post if he thinks of anything else.

-mat

Posted via Topify on Android

BilletProShop

Established Member
A copy cat #BLACKOPSTRINITYTVS KILLER ?? :burn::banana:

Jay and i are friends and there is no need for such a comment
i'll leave it at that
and to be honest, we are working on something very different for the 2015 season
BilletProShop is the home of the fastest TVS 6 speed GT500 and for 2015 we will push the bar even higher

FORDMAN GT500

Established Member
Jay and i are friends and there is no need for such a comment
i'll leave it at that
and to be honest, we are working on something very different for the 2015 season
BilletProShop is the home of the fastest TVS 6 speed GT500 and for 2015 we will push the bar even higher

LOL . Just busting your stones . Jay and I are good friends. Good luck in 15 with the killer !!

Users who are viewing this thread