Billetflow on a KB

03_Cobra_Built

Established Member
So, i have been reading good and bad things about Billetflow pulleys on KBs. What is everyone opinions, or has anyone actually seen a KB be ruined by these pulleys? Thank for your input.

TJ

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
So, i have been reading good and bad things about Billetflow pulleys on KBs. What is everyone opinions, or has anyone actually seen a KB be ruined by these pulleys? Thank for your input.

TJ

I've had a billetflow pulley on my 2.2L KB for about 7 years now and it's perfect. However, I will say that I have a custom (steel) hub mounted on
the blower shaft.

TRBO VNM

I have seen a snout ruined due to them. Do NOT use a BF pulley on them.

Probably because he used the wrong hub.

OP, the thing to be concerned about with the bf setup is using correct hub. Whipple makes it easy, unfortunately KB didn't. I think they have three different setups and you need to know which one yours is in order to buy the correct hub.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
Probably because he used the wrong hub.

OP, the thing to be concerned about with the bf setup is using correct hub. Whipple makes it easy, unfortunately KB didn't. I think they have three different setups and you need to know which one yours is in order to buy the correct hub.

they have two actually. I was planning on putting one on my KB when i had it. Until i saw my friends car almost get the snout ripped off of it. There is a reason the KB pullies do not have ribbing in them, because they need to allow for some sort of belt slippage on the pulley. Ive already talked to KB on this issue, they will not warranty them because your knowingly destroying a good supercharger.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
they have two actually. I was planning on putting one on my KB when i had it. Until i saw my friends car almost get the snout ripped off of it. There is a reason the KB pullies do not have ribbing in them, because they need to allow for some sort of belt slippage on the pulley. Ive already talked to KB on this issue, they will not warranty them because your knowingly destroying a good supercharger.

The question is...will they warranty the blower anyway?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
TJ, why are you considering a Billetflow pulley to begin with? I'm just curious.

TRBO VNM

Actually at one time there were 3, which billetflow still offers all three hubs.

And not sure if they still offer them, but they did have non grooved pulleys.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread