Billetflow T/B, would you buy it again?

rcaldwell00

Established Member
Looking for some feedback, I've got a Billetflow T/B I can pick up used, still expensive, would you guys still fork out $500 for this if you had to do it over again? My mods are in my signature, I'm just wondering how much of a difference it really makes given it costs about as much as the APTEN and there have been some complaints about the idle and install. Any help would be appreciated.

RC

ALA G8R

Banned
You would definitely see the full benefit of a TB with your mods. I would expect around 13RWHP plus improved throttle response. Although $500 is a little steep for a used TB IMO.

dougwg

Established Member
combatstang,

How bout you make it for less and I'll buy them from you and sell them :rolleyes:

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
I know you have great quailty products, in fact im running ur pulleys, but it has nothing to do with you or accufab...

but i mean 500 bucks for a TB? thats just too much...

Marc

Juiced-03

Established Member
Originally posted by combatstang
I know you have great quailty products, in fact im running ur pulleys, but it has nothing to do with you or accufab...

but i mean 500 bucks for a TB? thats just too much...

Marc

Ya I agree with you man. I understand it may be expensive to make the product, but from the gains I have seen it doesnt seem worth the money IMO.

Bobrammer

Established Member
I'm running an Accufab and have been very happy with their products. I also have some of Dougs pulleys waiting for Superchips to catch up with the 04 Cobra. Give 'em hell Doug!:lol:

trey193

Established Member
I hear both sides here I am sure they are expensive to make but also agree they are to expensive for what you get.

JClifton

Uhh it's stock!
Established Member
I'm still on the fence on this one... I've spoken with Doug... great guy... makes great parts... Yes I've got his aux idler. I'd love to get the gains from a T/B but I can't seem to justify the 600 price tag. I do however know that without the T/B and O/R X my car is going to stay nice and slow forever. So one day Doug! You'll get my money!... or I'll fab somethin on my own hehe. ;)

-- Jaret

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
22 HORSEPOWER and 16 TORQUE SAE in front of my own eyes fellas.
Apten + 2.76 + CAI + Magnaflow X was the combo. 510/491 SAE
Only component changed was the TB.

Billetflow TB is a PROVEN power adder --------->FACT.

:cryying: about the price of something never makes sense. You don't see people crying cause KB are so much. No whining over Whipples. Speed costs money. Safe, quality speed costs more.

Hell yes I would buy it again.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
rcadwell - In my opnion, I would get the blower ported by Apten instead of buying a TB. For some reason, not every car gains power with a TB. Some people only make a couple hp and actually lose some torque. My car did not make good hp/tq when I was running a pulley/TB. I believe Apten doesn't even recommend one if your blower is ported or not.

When I was at the 1/4, there was another 03 cobra with the same pulley as me, the only difference was that he had a TB and headers, and I was running the stock TB and stock manifolds. I was consistently trapping 3-5mph higher everytime, and running a better ET also. I know there are a lot more factors involved, driver differences, tune differences. . .ect. I am just giving you an example.

Please just take this with a grain of salt, I am only speaking from my experiences.

Warp03Cobra

Community Racers
Established Member
I agree with Postban completely. Speed costs money both to make and to buy.

I have Noticeable improvement in driveability with my BilletFlow. If you want to flow more air through the motor to make more power then you have to remove any bottlenecks.

I offer an emphatic YES to the original question. I would and will buy aftermarket Throttle Bodies as necessary.

Thanks for great products DOUG!! My car sux AIR :rockon:

:beer: oh yeah, and my vert is a day older than yours PB!!!! :beer:

Last edited:

46stang

Established Member
I personally think we are way too spoiled when it comes to hp! I have spent over $1000 to gain 15 flywheel hp on my old VW bug. is a tb the best bang for the buck? probably not but imho every little hp adds up. And the throttle response is awesome! Now that i have a tb i could never go back to stock! the throttle response alone is worth the price of admission imho:beer:
Leon

rcaldwell00

Established Member
I went ahead and bought it, hopefully it lives up to its rep. Also can anyone send me install instructions? I'll contact Doug, but I'm not sure I want to fly blind.

Ryan

davidmax

Established Member
We use them in our 500+ rwhp motors and there well worth it IMHO superb product and yo may see 16-18 depending on your set up,David Smilovic
PS:Check our prices 480-517-4969

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
A have an Accufab TB. I picked up about 5rwhp which is all you're likely to see on any Cobra. They do not make much power. What you will notice is improved throttle response. To me that is their one and only plus. Would I buy it again? Yep! Just for the better throttle response, but it wouldn't be one of my first mods. :)

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
Originally posted by rcaldwell00
I went ahead and bought it, hopefully it lives up to its rep. Also can anyone send me install instructions? I'll contact Doug, but I'm not sure I want to fly blind.

Ryan

There were no install instructions, even when new.

It's a simple parts swap except for the TPS and idle set screw. Make sure that your TPS is set exactly the same from before to after...the old trick of adjusting to 0.99V does not hold true anymore. My car had 1.16V factory stock. Be prepared for some weird idling and cruise functions until you get things adjusted correctly. Set the idle to no more than 600-650 on a stock tune to avoid a SES. The cruise deal is just something that we all found to be true after the fact...the springs were a little weak in the first run so you may want to go with an accessory spring to help things out, to be on the safe side.

You bet they make more power than stock...with a Billetflow TB and PHP air intake and a K&N I made a 32 hp increase on the car on the same day with *no other mods*...from 370 to 402. It's now back to stock.

You won't regret the purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread