Billetflow TB?

Scotts 03 COBRA

Established Member
A friend of mine installed a Billtflow TB--he said the response is awesome,but the rpms remain around 1700 and don't drop at idle---he said he followed Dougs instructions for the install and still has the same problem---what do you guys think---
their probably is a easy fix--help!!!! thanks Scott

Last edited:

itsrlong

Established Member
Mine seems to have the same problem... If I blip the throttle, the idle drops, but this is a very annoying solution.

o3redfire

Established Member
I have the same problem. Throttle response is good, but I cannot deal with this high idle any more. I followed the directions, I even called Doug twice to try to get help and followed his directions over the phone, but it will not idle right. This definately is not fun driving the car with the idle this high. So it looks like I will just have to take it off.

quicksvt954

Established Member
my friend had the same problem he took it off and got more money then what he bought it for:thumbsup:

Juiced-03

Established Member
Originally posted by quicksvt954
juiced 03' car looks nice!

Thanks man!! :beer:

It seems to be hit or miss with the TB and plenum mods. Some work without a hitch, and others have problems that never get resolved. I am sure Doug will come in here and offer tips. I personally have steered away from this mod because of the cost to HP ratio and the number of problems that people have had. Plus it would be a waste if I ever want to buy a KB or Procharger. :D

o3redfire

Established Member
Originally posted by Juiced-03
Have you guys checked the IAC voltage?

It's not the IAC voltage you have to check, its the TPS. Its supposed to be between .97 to .99 volts. Mine was set at .98, right where its supposed to be this was done by a Ford mechanic. Everything is set where its supposed to be, the only way it will come down is if I manually do it under the hood. I don't what the solution is.

93KingCobra

Established Member
Mine dose the same thing, hope doug can chime in and help us!!!!! I have gone back and ajusted mine 3 time in fact I just got in frome the garage trying to get below 1500RPM's witch I got it to 1000 while it sit there but I know as soon as I go driving it will go back up. What am I doing wrong?

Juiced-03

Established Member
Originally posted by o3redfire
It's not the IAC voltage you have to check, its the TPS.

thats what I meant duhhhh LOL:bash:

sorry, a little out of it still from last night :xpl: :D

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
Hey guys, if you have a high idle Doug can help you out. He was busy with a special project today. Please be patient: PM him or call the shop. He has helped MANY people with a high idle.

shanker

Cheesecake FTW!
Established Member
Make sure the TPS voltage is right for sure. My TPS died and i had to replace it. The coil in it isnt very strong. Now my IAC valve is dead now I need to replace it.

BTW if you adjusted the stop screw you'll need to move it back to where it was to set the TPS voltage.

MikeP

Established Member
The trend I noticed with mine is more temperature dependant. When it's cold out, 30s/40s, I'll have more of the high idle problem. Now that it's late spring in TX it will do it only in morning when it's high 40s low 50s in temp. As it gets later in the day and warms up, say 70s/80s, the idle drops to where it should without hesitation and stays there.

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Don't slam the TB about the HP. I have witnessed with my own eyes the Billetflow TB and Plenum adding approx. 20 hp and 15 Tq. It is the truth, except it and believe it. I know it is hard for some of you! This was a dyno on the same day swapping tb and plenum with the billetflow, car was really close to 500/500 and billetflow put it over the top. Believe it people, it WORKS.

o3redfire

Established Member
Originally posted by plan b
Don't slam the TB about the HP. I have witnessed with my own eyes the Billetflow TB and Plenum adding approx. 20 hp and 15 Tq. It is the truth, except it and believe it. I know it is hard for some of you! This was a dyno on the same day swapping tb and plenum with the billetflow, car was really close to 500/500 and billetflow put it over the top. Believe it people, it WORKS.

Nobody is slamming the TB about the HP increase or throttle response, The problem is the high idle. Alot of people are having this problem..What do you do when you have tried everything and it still idles high?

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
Originally posted by o3redfire
What do you do when you have tried everything and it still idles high?

Have you done everything?
Have you called Doug at the shop?

This is a common problem if you don't adjust it properly.

Users who are viewing this thread