Billetflow TB?

fr03cobra

Established Member
I have a accufab that had a high idle problem I sent it back to accufab they replaced the blade and now it works fine.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Originally posted by 03KingCobra03
Is anyone else getting a check engine light if the RPM's stay above 1000 or more?

Nope never had cel for high idle.

My Billetflow TB idled at 1800 rpm when I initially installed it. I adjusted the Throttle blade stop screw to the proper position, contacting the throttle plate stop tab and it went down to 900. Then I measured the lowest the TPS would go which as 1.12 volts. I just left it there and drove with it from last summer. Then in March I got the Apten porting done on the blower and then the idle would not come down below 1000. The problem is the inconsistency in the mounting hole sizes/positions on the TPS itself. It is just molded plastic so the tolerance is no where near as accurate as it need to be.

I had two choices, hog out the TPS attachment holes or give the TPS shaft on the TB a litle bend. The TPS shaft got a tiny bend , just takes a little pressure with a crescent wrench closed on the tab . Put the TPS back on and measured volts again 0.80. Then I finally adjusted the TPS voltage right to 0.97 volts.
Now it goes down to 750 after about 2 seconds hovering at 1200

Scotts 03 COBRA

Established Member
What is the fix --my friend is about ready to take the TB off his car and put it back to stock,really doesn't want to because he spent $600+ on a BilletFlowTB--this is why I haven't purchased a TB for my car because I don't want to deal with these issuses?

mmartin 6

Established Member
Originally posted by 03KingCobra03
Is anyone else getting a check engine light if the RPM's stay above 1000 or more?

I have the exact same problem - I'm waiting to hear back from Doug at Billetflow. The SES comes on all the time. I adjusted the throttle stop screw but now the throttle lever won't rest on it. If I manually press the lever down to the stop screw, the idle is perfect at 750. But the lever won't stay there- I think that it could a problem with the spring, but not entirely sure. Also, any tips on an easy weay to check the TPS voltage would be appreciated.

fr03cobra

Established Member
I say send it back to billetflow company like I did my accufab and have them fix it. Accufab fixed mine. Is there alot of light coming through the edges of the the blade if you look at it in the light? if so the blade needs to be replaced like mine did.

Scotts 03 COBRA

Established Member
I thought Doug would have had a response since this is his product we are talking about --I was going to by some of his products but I would like to get this issue with the TB taking care of for a friend who bought the TB before I spend a dime on BilletFlows products--I don't want to make a big issue, all I want is to resolve the high idle proplem,it is not only my friends problem, but fellow cobra owners are having the same problems

dougwg

Established Member
I would have thought I would have received a phone call by now since I state in the instructions:

"If you have any questions or need support, please call us between the hours of 9am and 5pm EST, Mon.-Fri. @ (313) 388-8228"

:shrug:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Originally posted by Scotts 03 COBRA
...snip...I don't want to make a big issue...snip...

Then use the phone and talk to the source, or do you have some sort of agenda bouncing this up over and over?

Perhaps "ttt" is your favorite 3 letters?:bash:

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Originally posted by postban
Then use the phone and talk to the source, or do you have some sort of agenda bouncing this up over and over?

Perhaps "ttt" is your favorite 3 letters?:bash:

:lol:

Give Billetflow a call. Hope you get it worked out.:)

haleyes

Established Member
I had a ton of problems with the idle on my BF TB. I started on a Sunday afternoon installing it, which took 30 min. and then the next 8 hours going through the steps to adjust the idle. I did the TPS voltage at every level possible. Late that night it was finally down to idling at 1000 rpm. The performance was totally awesome but the high idle was a little annoying. The first thing Monday morning I called Doug, who was VERY helpful. However I spent all week driving the car in the day and working on it at night. I was so frustrated by Friday that I was ready to send it back but I really wanted the performance it offered. All this time I kept calling Doug and Steve and they were trying every thing to help me, even offering to try another TB. Finally on Saturday I went through the steps one more time but this time I left the battery disconnected for over 8 hours. When I went out and connected it this time and started the car it was perfect. It idles on 750 all the time and the performance is great. This was over 2 months ago and the guys at BF were everything I expected in customer service. :rockon:

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
Originally posted by MidLifeC
Hey guys, if you have a high idle Doug can help you out. He was busy with a special project today. Please be patient: PM him or call the shop. He has helped MANY people with a high idle.

I posted this 3 days ago: "PM him or call the shop." Do you expect all vendors to spend 24 hours per day browsing different web sites looking for problems about his products?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread