BITCOIN

cobracide

Established Member
From a fraction of a cent to tens of thousands of dollars per Bitcoin. Wealth transferred outside of government and banking control almost instantaneously.

Possibilities Imagined into Reality.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
From a fraction of a cent to tens of thousands of dollars per Bitcoin. Wealth transferred outside of government and banking control almost instantaneously.

Possibilities Imagined into Reality.

These tech companies are why the D's are pushing so hard for an unrealized capital gains tax.

98SVTContour98

Established Member
Interesting data on BITCOIN, some interesting comments following the article. TREESPACE had an interesting comment I thought.

Table 1

Bitcoin ownership analysis

Table 1 shows the top 0.002368% of addresses hold 40% of the supply of Bitcoin. Of this 40% around 8.5% is held by exchanges on behalf of a great many investors. That leaves 31.5% of Bitcoin held by ~985 addresses, representing 0.002593% of estimated total 38 million addresses. But an individual or entity can own many addresses, so the number of owners is likely far fewer than 985. Excerpted from Bloomberg article, "The Bitcoin Whales: 1,000 People Who Own 40 Percent of the Market"...

Take a look at Table 1, and then tell me Bitcoin is not open to manipulation. Bitcoin supply data might be completely public and verifiable, but anonymous Bitcoin addresses are certainly not. Imagine the outrage if owners of over 30%, or even 5% of the shares of a publicly-traded company were allowed to remain anonymous and to trade without disclosure. Imagine the possibilities.

2017 FUD

cobracide

Established Member
Umm, no, the FBI has shown they can go after BITCOIN if they want to.
A couple select times, yeah - when the incident is in the millions and involves drugs or ransomware. As far as the average person - again no. It is simply not worth their effort.

Stop exaggerating.

Last edited:

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
A couple select times, yeah - when the incident is in the millions and involves drugs or ransomware. As far as the average person - again no. It is simply not worth their effort.

Stop exaggerating.

I agree the average little guy probably doesn't have anything to worry about. But what happens if the D's pass unrealized capital gains and you get a letter from the IRS? That machine is set up to chew up little people just fine and efficiently.

98SVTContour98

Established Member
If the Feds decided they needed your BITCOIN, do you really think you could resist their efforts to get it?

So just so I'm clear....when you say - the FBI has shown they can go after BITCOIN if they want to - What you really mean is...the FBI will arrest you if you don't voluntarily give them your Bitcoin.

And you feel that's a strike against Bitcoin? jfc

cobracide

Established Member
I agree the average little guy probably doesn't have anything to worry about. But what happens if the D's pass unrealized capital gains and you get a letter from the IRS? That machine is set up to chew up little people just fine and efficiently.
What if.. brilliant. Concentrate on reality.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
What if.. brilliant. Concentrate on reality.

10 years after I got out of the service AZ came after me for back taxes claiming I was a resident. I was a FL resident. I had to send them in a packet of proof showing I was not an AZ resident. They did this 4 freaking years in a row.

Please explain to me the "reality" of how the Feds and States (CA, NY, NJ & IL) will pursue BITCOIN holders if the nut job D's get unrealized capital gains through?

CA wants to tax you for 10 ****ing years after you leave the state!! Reality!?!

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
So just so I'm clear....when you say - the FBI has shown they can go after BITCOIN if they want to - What you really mean is...the FBI will arrest you if you don't voluntarily give them your Bitcoin.

And you feel that's a strike against Bitcoin? jfc

There are many things they can do before they have to arrest you to make your life a living hell. The "machine" grinds people up and spits them out, it's good at what it does.

quad

Established Member
10 years after I got out of the service AZ came after me for back taxes claiming I was a resident. I was a FL resident. I had to send them in a packet of proof showing I was not an AZ resident. They did this 4 freaking years in a row.

Please explain to me the "reality" of how the Feds and States (CA, NY, NJ & IL) will pursue BITCOIN holders if the nut job D's get unrealized capital gains through?

CA wants to tax you for 10 ****ing years after you leave the state!! Reality!?!
Taxing unrealized capital gains will destroy the stock market. I doubt they will get that passed but you never know with all the corruption in DC and their attempts to actually destroy the USA intentionally. We might start seeing dead politicians if they go that far I would think.

Users who are viewing this thread