Black 1993 SVT Cobra For Sale Mint!!!!!!

alpha06

SKY 600
Established Member
Hello, trying to help my buddy sale his Cobra that is garage kept. The car has 79,000 miles. This car NO not one nick or scratch on the whole car, a/c, power windows, etc. paint=10, interior=10, engine=10, wheels refinished. I mean this car is perfect. This car is stock other than an alumium driveshaft and 3.73 gears. The price is 17500 or best offer.

101_0907.gif

101_0906.gif

101_0913.gif

101_0912.gif

101_0909.gif

101_0917.gif

101_0911.gif

101_0907.gif

Last edited:

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
Nice car no doubt, but in my opinion it's not a 10 out of 10. A little constructive criticism - Advertise the car accurately. Nothing bugs me more than a inflated description. Not fair to a buyer. I can see a lot more aftermarket parts than a driveshaft and gears. Wear on the interior, saggy door pockets, rust under the hood, aftermarket headlight, turn signals, running lights, stereo, amp, plug wires, battery cables, and if a black car with 79000 miles dosen't have single nick or scratch, it's been repainted. Sorry, this is just a pet peeve of mine. Oh, and the price is high.

buddha93

Established Member
Clean car with good color combo.

Check Ebay for recent listings on these cars and it will give a little idea of what the market is bringing for these cars. They've had a number of black on black cars in the past month or so.

alpha06

SKY 600
Established Member
Nice car no doubt, but in my opinion it's not a 10 out of 10. A little constructive criticism - Advertise the car accurately. Nothing bugs me more than a inflated description. Not fair to a buyer. I can see a lot more aftermarket parts than a driveshaft and gears. Wear on the interior, saggy door pockets, rust under the hood, aftermarket headlight, turn signals, running lights, stereo, amp, plug wires, battery cables, and if a black car with 79000 miles dosen't have single nick or scratch, it's been repainted. Sorry, this is just a pet peeve of mine. Oh, and the price is high.
Yes, it was repainted, not because it needed it. This car is the nicest I've seen. As for rust and saggy interior, you are dead wrong buddy. No one asked for your opinion.

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
Yes, it was repainted, not because it needed it. This car is the nicest I've seen. As for rust and saggy interior, you are dead wrong buddy. No one asked for your opinion.

Why would anyone devalue a 93 Cobra and repaint it if it did not need it? Dosen't make any sense. That should have also been listed in the description.

Your picture don't lie. Rust on the MAP bracket, A/C backet, wiper motor bolts, on the brake booster behind the master cylinder (does the MC leak?). All normal for a 80000 mile Mustang, but not a 10 out of 10. Look at the door pocket on the driver door - saggy. Passenger seat lower bolster is mashed. Drivers sides seats are always worse. Center column arm rest pad is warping. Again all normal for a 80000 mile Mustange but not a 10 out of 10.

I just bent out of shape when a car is not as described. I've driven several hours to look at cars listed as "perfect" and "mint" to only find out they were not. Like I said before, this is a very nice car, just needs to be described correctly.

1993 Mustang

Established Member
I am with alpha 06, no one ask for your opinion. Everyone has there own way of describing their cars, if the seller states mint than it is his own description of the car.

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
You gotta expect an opinion or two when you list a car for sale in an OPEN DISCUSSION BOARD. This should have never been listed here in the first place, that's what "The Market" is for.

jspalmer01

Established Member
Nice car but not a 10/10. People can offer opinions if they want to here. I already assumed it was repainted before the question was asked. Good luck getting $17,500.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Its clean for 80k miles....... but NO where near "mint". its a 8/10 at most.

$11,500-$12,000 max on a good day.

Super nice 25K-30k mile all original, original paint 93 Cobras are not even breaking $15,000 right now.

buddha93

Established Member
Yep, noticing the same thing Daryl, hence my Ebay comment............was trying to drop a subtle hint.

A bigger garage and a little more expendible income and I would have paid what guys are asking for some of the cars I've seen of late. The market is crap for the seller right now.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Yep, noticing the same thing Daryl, hence my Ebay comment............was trying to drop a subtle hint.

A bigger garage and a little more expendible income and I would have paid what guys are asking for some of the cars I've seen of late. The market is crap for the seller right now.

Yeah, same here.... A member on here thats also from Texas put his truly immaculate 30k mile Red/Black all original 93 Cobra on ebay a couple weeks ago. I believe it ended at $13k. I would love to have the car but I am out of storage room, otherwise I'd be all over his cobra.

Last edited:

red95gts

Established Member
Yeah, same here.... A member on here thats also from Texas put his truly immaculate 30k mile Red/Black all original 93 Cobra on ebay a couple weeks ago. I believe it ended at $13k. I would love to have the car but I am out of storage room, otherwise I'd be all over his cobra.

There were actually two red/black cars for sale in the recent past in Texas. Both with around 30K miles on them. One in Midland and one outside of Houston. Neither one reached reserve...

The market is shit right now. Maybe it'll come back to some degree, but I'm betting it will be a while.

93&99cobrasvt

Established Member
I sold my 28k all original 93 cobra 7 months ago to MikeC (Hey mike hope ur loving the 93)for 14500. Iam sorry but in this market there is no way ull get anywhere close to 17500. I have owned 3 of these cars and know alot about them. This is maybe a 10k car to the right buyer

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
There were actually two red/black cars for sale in the recent past in Texas. Both with around 30K miles on them. One in Midland and one outside of Houston. Neither one reached reserve...

The market is shit right now. Maybe it'll come back to some degree, but I'm betting it will be a while.

Didn't you buy Cgoeschels car out of Vegas a couple of years back? If so, you got a pretty good deal yourself!

OP, it is a nice car that is for sale. I would say that he would have better luck if he posted all of the VIN stickers in the pictures, Window sticker, SVT certificate, records, and cleaned up the engine bay. G/L with the sale.

red95gts

Established Member
Didn't you buy Cgoeschels car out of Vegas a couple of years back? If so, you got a pretty good deal yourself!

Yes and no. I do own that car, but I bought it from Mark, who bought it from Cgoeschel. Mark was the one who got the really good deal. I paid closer to market value at the time, but it was exactly what I wanted, and it was local, so I could go check it out without being committed.

I had a 91 coupe with a turbo V8 in it that I recently sold. After lowering my price $3K and still very little interest, I ended up parting the car out and selling the roller. The market right now is real tough on anything over about $4K on Foxes....

buddha93

Established Member
That's what I did with my last car..........parted it out. It made for a pretty quick sale that way.

Just curious, did you get close to your oringinal asking price by parting it out?

Users who are viewing this thread