Black 1993 SVT Cobra For Sale Mint!!!!!!

RydeOn

SVTeam
Established Member
I am with alpha 06, no one ask for your opinion. Everyone has there own way of describing their cars, if the seller states mint than it is his own description of the car.

I disagree. I want guys like him to hammer his balls so I know what other cobra guys are looking for and this time Im paying close attention because I love the black ones.

RydeOn

SVTeam
Established Member
Why would anyone devalue a 93 Cobra and repaint it if it did not need it?

I believe you answered your own question. This >

if a black car with 79000 miles dosen't have single nick or scratch, it's been repainted

The black ones racked up pebble chips easier than the other two. The reds faded on the bumpers. The factory paint wasnt that great on any of the bumper covers. I had a buddy whos teal one flaked chips off the front bumper cover and he had to repaint it. Granted this is all caused by high mileage, but the point is that there are reasons to repaint a car other than being involved in a collision or theft.

fivestangs

Established Member
... there are reasons to repaint a car other than being involved in a collision or theft.

I concur...my black cobra only has 26000 on the odometer, but the paint looks like crap ...and yeah, it's all my fault for not taking care of it...sue me :)

point is, my car needs a repaint, and if that "devalues" the car, so be it...at least it'll look 100% better, and that's all that counts to me :rockon:

RydeOn

SVTeam
Established Member
my car needs a repaint, and if that "devalues" the car, so be it...at least it'll look 100% better, and that's all that counts to me :rockon:
just make sure they mask off the VIN tags and it shouldnt be too big of a deal ;-)

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
I believe you answered your own question. This >

The black ones racked up pebble chips easier than the other two. The reds faded on the bumpers. The factory paint wasnt that great on any of the bumper covers. I had a buddy whos teal one flaked chips off the front bumper cover and he had to repaint it. Granted this is all caused by high mileage, but the point is that there are reasons to repaint a car other than being involved in a collision or theft.

Read his reply - "Yes, it was repainted, not because it needed it." If it has pebble chips, faded bumpers or flaking bumper paint then maybe it needed a repaint. He said it did not need to be repainted, implying before it was repainted, it had good paint.

kcp203

Established Member

True enough. I've got a red car with 27K that has been garaged its whole life, and the bumper is starting to fade. Would love to know if there is any way to mitigate the fading without a repaint.

Also, as to the comments on the sagging door pockets, I don't know of any of these cars that DON'T have them.

alpha06

SKY 600
Established Member
Okay guys, may be not perfect! But i did see the car before my friend painted it and the paint was very nice, he paid 6K for this black paint job. I will put this car up against any 93 Cobra on this sight. Pictures does this car no justice. Maybe I'll tell him he need to come around 13K to make a sell.

buddha93

Established Member
I don't think anyone's knocking the car and maybe could have been a little more subtle about the price.

But really, the market sucks for these cars right now. A bunch of us keep pretty close tabs on what they are selling for and the fact is you can buy that same color/combo car for $13-14k with around 30k on the odometer. There's one on Ebay for the second time around I believe for $14.5k, Vortech, and 29,000 miles. You can barely give these cars away.

Ford : Mustang:eBay Motors (item 170376476544 end time Sep-03-09 07:20:53 PDT)

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
Why would anyone devalue a 93 Cobra and repaint it if it did not need it?* Dosen't make any sense.* That should have also been listed in the description. Your picture don't lie.* Rust on the MAP bracket, A/C backet, wiper motor bolts, on the brake booster behind the master cylinder (does the MC leak?).* All normal for a 80000 mile Mustang, but not a 10 out of 10.** Look at the door pocket on the driver door - saggy.* Passenger seat lower bolster is mashed.* Drivers sides seats are always worse.* Center column arm rest pad is warping.* Again all normal for a 80000 mile Mustange but not a 10 out of 10. I just bent out of shape when a car is not as described.* I've driven several hours to look at cars listed as "perfect" and "mint" to only find out they were not.* Like I said before, this is a very nice car, just needs to be described correctly.
I agree with this guy.* Car is not a 10/10, I can find defects in cars that have zero miles and are on the showroom floor.* Still a nice car that your buddy has for sale.

buddha93

Established Member
Do you guys believe that this is the low point for the 93 Cobra market?

My 2 cents is absolutely.

There is a point at which most guys would put a car in storage before taking an ass-beating to sell. Of cousre there many be a small percentage that may be forced to due to divorce, death, or other circumstances but I don't see much of that. I think for the most part guys are looking to move into something newer.

I've seen some fantastic deals IMO in the last 6 months or so. Not that long ago $15k got you a mostly stock car with 50,000 miles on it. Now I'm seeing 30,000 miles cars going for $13-15...........and they still can't move them.:eek:

Speedfreek

Established Member
The 28k mile Vortech car on ebay has been repainted and a front clip put on it. He acted really shady about if it had vin #'s on the panels or not.

Blaine@PSI

Established Member
Okay guys, may be not perfect! But i did see the car before my friend painted it and the paint was very nice, he paid 6K for this black paint job. I will put this car up against any 93 Cobra on this sight. Pictures does this car no justice. Maybe I'll tell him he need to come around 13K to make a sell.

I really doubt you wanna go there. my car is a 100K mile plus car and the FACTORY paint is near perfection sure i can find a flaw but it is few and far between. but dont make big claims and try to knock everyone else. these guys here are just being honest brutally honest but honest nonthe less... take their words for it.

CO9B3RA

Established Member
I've got a 36k Teal and its only bad point is front and hood top rock chips.
4 years ago I paid 16k for it and have sadly watched the value slipping
away. I have, however, make up my mind to never repaint it, sell it at a loss
or never stop enjoying it. There are far less than 4993 93 Cobras left,
even fewer low miled, 99% stock examples!

buddha93

Established Member
It's only worth less if you sell it. The market will bounce back just like everything else.

IMO, the new offerings in the Mustang world is what it prompting Cobra owners to move their cars.

CO9B3RA

Established Member
I'm seeing the evidence at my local Mustang club meetings/activities. Fewer
and fewer Foxes show up, MUCH less of the older originals, and the new
"Mustangs" are taking over. And most of the new buyers are of the approaching
retirement, of which I am a part, and beyond "oldsters." Must be a "new childhood"
movement!!!! :shrug: My 93 Cobra is the last model of which I have any liking:
the newer they get, the farther off my liking chart they go. Oh well....

I think you're right about the values coming back, it will take a little more time, tho.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread