Black Chrome Bumper Letters <pics inside>

Bizness

Someone Stole My title
Established Member
thanks for all the replys guys...personally I like it alot more on my car then the shiney ones...
the cut on these are laser cut and are basically the same quality as the other ones...just shiny black...
I have had more commnets on these in a week then I had in 2 yrs with the others. :D

jzepp

Established Member
You dont like chrome but you have chrome wheels..........lol.......i have a red cobra with the stainless steel..........yes at time i dont think it looks right but i am in no way spending $125 for the black chrome unless they bring the price down.

bone stock

Established Member
since my favorite movie is JAWS and i want an 03 cobra really bad, i'm going to make my bumper unique by putting O R C A into the bumper instead of cobra.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
I REALLY like the inserts and would love a set for mine, but fock that's a lot of money for some stickers.

oldmodman said:
I just got through reading all the fine print on their site. They are NOT black chrome. They are just the regular polished stainless sprayed with black tinted clearcoat. I already have a set of stainless letters that I have never installed on my Yellow 03 Cobra. I think I'll get a can of VHT black tinted clear and make a few test passes on some shiny test strips and see what looks the best.

Please let us know how that works. I'd much rather buy some SS ones and do that.

Scott 01Cobra

have bling will travel
Established Member
Folks .... these letters are very pricey to produce. People begged me to make them and I knew the price point would be about double my Regular Stainless Price. People said "do it - Make them PLEASE".

Because of the way they need to be cut to accomodate the coating process afterwards, I get about 30% less letters out of a 10X4 sheet. This drives the cost up - then after the stainless is cut it goes through a second process (the coating), but first they have to be polished by hand so imperfections don't just get coated over. After this 2nd process they then need to be taped by hand. The "hands-on" time involved with these is quite extensive - hence the retail price.

I would be willing to do a few "Special" prices for those that I do not have pictures of yet .....

I would like pictures of a light colored 03/04 cobras - ie, white or yellow or something along those lines. I may even be willing to do a group purchase but I'm not sure of the board rules on that. Also, I have no pics yet of a 96-98 Cobra.

Anyone who may fall into this category can PM me and I'll let you know what I can do.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

jzepp

Established Member
I have a 98 cobra with the SS bumper inserts.........i have had to replace them once all ready due to washing the car and i guess after time water runs down into the bumper letters and the 3m backing starts pulling the letters off of the bumper and they no longer stick.........so i have already spent $120 on 2 sets of SS letters..........you would have to bring the price way down for me to go through this trouble of keep having to buy more sets when letters start coming off.

Scott 01Cobra

have bling will travel
Established Member
jzepp said:
I have a 98 cobra with the SS bumper inserts.........i have had to replace them once all ready due to washing the car and i guess after time water runs down into the bumper letters and the 3m backing starts pulling the letters off of the bumper and they no longer stick.........so i have already spent $120 on 2 sets of SS letters..........you would have to bring the price way down for me to go through this trouble of keep having to buy more sets when letters start coming off.

You obviously didn't buy those from me :)

Scott 01Cobra

have bling will travel
Established Member
I agree with keeping the black OFF black - but a few of my local guys have done it. Stealth mode :)

Users who are viewing this thread