Black Cobra's '05 Concept (nose job)

Yell98CobraVert

Established Member
Not bad Black Cobra, but I have to agree with the others. I never thought I would sell/trade my 98 yellow Cobra, but if Ford actually produces this 05 version in a SVT Cobra, I'm getting one...what a great looking car!!!!!!1

edz

Retired.
Established Member
1 vote for the new nose, I like the length, the concept looks too much like a BMW to me. Even though I will probably get one.

Petzuk

White Term
Established Member
You turned the '05 into an '03... No No No.... The new look is good, especially the front end.

:bash:

:beer:

Black Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Petzuk
You turned the '05 into an '03... No No No.... The new look is good, especially the front end.

:bash:

:beer:

Better look again, that aint no '03. Everything is '05 concept except is has the more aerodynaic SN95+ style headlights. '05 hood and bumper are extended to meet the headlights and present a more aerodynamic profile. If anything it looks more like the FR500.

I've owned about every Mustang body style ever made. Started with a '67 when I was 15 years old. With the exception of the '92 Jeep Wrangler I own...Mustangs are the only cars that I've ever driven. Some years looks better than others...it's a personal preference thing. Some times a particular year will grow on you and sometimes they never do.

I personnaly don't care for the BMW style stub nose that's on the '05 concept for right now. Who knows...maybe it will grow on me. It's doesn't look very aerodynamic and doesn't match the angles or proportions of a mid to late '60s Mustang front end. I would say that the missing chromed bumper was the factor that determined the '05s frontal lines and profile.

Last edited:

Petzuk

White Term
Established Member
Understand Black Cobra.... Just having some I-net fun.

I've always admired Mustangs since their inception. I've owned three since '88.... 88 5.0 LX hatch; 95 5.0 Cobra coupe; and now an 03 ragtop. All bought new. The first 2 ran for over 100K before selling (they're still on the road). And all white (with a black ragtop for the '03).

I'm sure that my next one will be an 06 or 07 as a retirement gift ( to myself of course!)

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
I like the BMW-style snub nose on the 05.... it give it a look of refinement... but the rest of the nose looks droopy, almost... redesign those dang headlights, and itll be awesome.

-Homer

jumpincactus

Warriors come out to play
Established Member
I agree

I have to agree with everyone else. The way Ford does it it looks remiscnent of the Boss or Shelby look on the front. MACH 1

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Black Cobra
I thought the '05 could use a nose job.

I like your version Black Cobra makes it look alot more sleek. Ford should have used your front end and that other guys 05 mach1 photoshop rear end and that would probably be one of the hottest looking cars iv seen in quite sometime. (other than my 03 of course ;) )

robert patrick

Established Member
05 mustang

I like the look you have much better. I think the ford concept looks like a Lincoln in the front, which I do not like at all. The Mustang need to look like an Americanm product not Euro, like Ford has done with the Lincoln LS.

Users who are viewing this thread