Black-Out The Site On Feb 1?

Should SVTP.com Black-Out For POWs/MIAs?

• No - Its Not Necessary

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Yes - For 90-Seconds

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • Yes - For 24-Hours

Votes: 24 50.0%

• Total voters

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
I don't recall if SVTP.com takes part in this but I was wondering how everyone feels about it (especially the top brass). Think the site should take part?

I've always felt a strong connection to the POW/MIAs, though I've never been affected personally. God bless 'em. :(

http://www.powmiaff.org/blackout.html
blackout.gif

Two different options:
* 24 Hour blackout of your webpage
* 90 Seconds of Silence Blackout of your webpage

EDIT: I vote 24-hours.

Last edited:

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
Originally posted by ICEMAN9648
think theres anyway we could get taps to be played when you accessed the site that day???

Good idea or banner of remberance...or both...

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
I strongly feel that if we send our soldiers out to fight for us, we had better not forget about them if they are captured or killed. Think about an American military guy or girl just like you sitting in a prison somewhere with no hope because no one is looking for them.

It's up to the owner but I would sure appreciate seeing some type of remembrance on Feb. 1. I would not mind if the site was blacked out for a day because of this important day of remembering our POW/MIAs. Or maybe a thread listing our feelings on the topic sent to a representative in Washington would be a way of helping? Anything that helps people remember our missing soldiers is good. :beer:

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Being down for a day would really make each and everyone who visits the board regularly think about how lucky we are to have such a great and all powerful armed forces. God bless the troops and the POWs

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Sounds like a interesting/cool idea to me.:beer:

I'm sure a vendor would understand completely...:rockon:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Its amazing to think how dependent we are on something thats gone once you turn the power off.

P.S. I like the idea black it out for 24 hrs. huah!

Last edited:

z06matt

I 1 Racing
Established Member
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Narcosynthesis:
I'm in the Army and would prefer you give to your local VFW or donate to the MIA/POW fund. Leave the internet alone.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cool,That sounds good to me :beer:

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
Originally posted by Narcosynthesis
I'm in the Army and would prefer you give to your local VFW or donate to the MIA/POW fund. Leave the internet alone.
But on-line displays show support to those who may not know about this issue (or even their local VFW branch). Still, I agree w/ your idea about donations.

Even if a black-out isn't in the cards for Steve and everyone, Rip had another good idea...

Maybe everyone could put a pow avatar in the avatar or sig! - Ripper

:idea: Count me in.

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
SVTPerformance will see a blackout on Feb 1 2004, but I have not decided on the amount of time we will be out.

I feel that 24 hours is too much, our sponsors will certainly not like that. On the other hand, I feel that 90 seconds is not enough.

I was thinking more along the lines of 60 minutes.

RyClef331

Established Member
I'm USMC currently on deployment. I think you guys are on to something here. None of the other forums I frequent even give the consideration that this one does to the U.S. Military. I sincerely feel appreciated here. The warm welcome this place has given me is hands down 20 times better than any other place I've been. If and when this happens, I'll be sure to show all the guys I out here with. Thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread