Black-Out The Site On Feb 1?

Should SVTP.com Black-Out For POWs/MIAs?

• No - Its Not Necessary

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Yes - For 90-Seconds

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • Yes - For 24-Hours

Votes: 24 50.0%

• Total voters

Ripper

And Then Some............
Established Member
:beer: Trust me we appreciate all Vets and milatary personnel !

Grew up in a miltary family and 03cobrablack just put a pow mia pic in his sig. If my internet is back up tonight at my house i'll put some up also for ppl to put in sigs and avatars ! :beer:

Thanks Again !

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
Originally posted by Ripper
:beer: Trust me we appreciate all Vets and milatary personnel !

Grew up in a miltary family and 03cobrablack just put a pow mia pic in his sig. If my internet is back up tonight at my house i'll put some up also for ppl to put in sigs and avatars ! :beer:

Thanks Again !

Couldn't have done it without you (I tried) :D Thanks for your help you are the man....:rockon:

redaddiction

Project Venom
Established Member
Originally posted by SweetSVT99
SVTPerformance will see a blackout on Feb 1 2004, but I have not decided on the amount of time we will be out.

I feel that 24 hours is too much, our sponsors will certainly not like that. On the other hand, I feel that 90 seconds is not enough.

I was thinking more along the lines of 60 minutes.

Can't the sponsors understand what this is about ? It would look good on their part also.

Ripper

And Then Some............
Established Member
I agree with Steve ! 24 hrs is waaayyyyy too long ! I also think 90 seconds is too short. I think the hour is good and on that day everyone can put an avatar and a thing in there sig ! Pretty cool that this many ppl are caring about this though ! :)

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
Here is an idea for the black out. I'm not sure how many are listed as MIA or POWs, Im sure we could find out then the black out could begin or end to coinside with that number...example 335 listed then start at 330pm for an hour or however long steve decides. If it was in the thousands (I wouldn't think so) for the sake of example though 1350 would of course be 1:50 pm. just an idea...

Last edited:

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
That's another good idea IMO. Heck, a lot of good ideas in this thread.

SVTPerformance will see a blackout on Feb 1 2004, but I have not decided on the amount of time we will be out.

I feel that 24 hours is too much, our sponsors will certainly not like that. On the other hand, I feel that 90 seconds is not enough.

I was thinking more along the lines of 60 minutes.
:thumbsup: Thank you, Steve!!

Clef, where ever you guys are take care of yourselves, bro. :beer:

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Originally posted by 03cobrablack
Here is an idea for the black out. I'm not sure how many are listed as MIA or POWs, Im sure we could find out then the black out could begin or end to coinside with that number...example 335 listed then start at 330pm for an hour or however long steve decides. If it was in the thousands (I wouldn't think so) for the sake of example though 1350 would of course be 1:50 pm. just an idea...

That is a great idea, I believe Feb 1 is a Sunday.

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Originally posted by zzzzzer
That's another good idea IMO. Heck, a lot of good ideas in this thread.

:thumbsup: Thank you, Steve!!

Clef, where ever you guys are take care of yourselves, bro. :beer:

:thumbsup:

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
That is a great idea, I believe Feb 1 is a Sunday.

I'm glad you liked my idea however after checking some Web sites there are 2200 unacounted for servicemen from Veitnam and 8100 from Korea....:( that is alot more than I expected. I cant find a number yet for Gulf war 1 or this one? the above two numbers add up to 10300 so I guess you could use 10:30 am or pm maybe someone can help with any other numbers from the more recent wars...I will keep looking allso

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Originally posted by Narcosynthesis
I'm in the Army and would prefer you give to your local VFW or donate to the MIA/POW fund. Leave the internet alone.

I agree with this guy. While rememberance is more than a great action to do, shutting down websites for a whole day just doesn't feel right.

89stang306

Established Member
I am out here with Ry and I have to agree with him, this site gives more of a damn about Vets and active duty than any other one I have seen. We appreciate that a ton and good luck with whichever way you go.

ChitownSVT

Established Member
I would definately be interested in doing this on my web-site as well, just to show how much we appreciate all of the men & women of the armed forces...

God Bless America

Users who are viewing this thread