Black Saleen 18x10's on Red Cobra (pics)

Littlemotor

Established Member
I hate to bring this one back from the dead for such a cheese dick question, but what size tires are you running up front, and could you PM me where you got the entire set-up and what it cost out the door? Also, have you tried the Saleen center caps in those replica's yet? Reason I ask is that 2 of my 4 are bent, and I was going to move upto 10's in the rear. Also, how are the BFG's treating you, and what kind of power combo and suspension set-up are you running? Again, beautiful car.:rockon:

Thanks bro, -Greg

EDIT: I re-read that reply, and realized that is like 3 or 4 "cheese dick" questions, lol. Sorry buddy.

Last edited:

runin1320

sTaNGs OwNs JoO!
Established Member
I hate to bring this one back from the dead for such a cheese dick question, but what size tires are you running up front, and could you PM me where you got the entire set-up and what it cost out the door? Also, have you tried the Saleen center caps in those replica's yet? Reason I ask is that 2 of my 4 are bent, and I was going to move upto 10's in the rear. Also, how are the BFG's treating you, and what kind of power combo and suspension set-up are you running? Again, beautiful car.:rockon:

Thanks bro, -Greg

EDIT: I re-read that reply, and realized that is like 3 or 4 "cheese dick" questions, lol. Sorry buddy.

255/35/18's on Front.(BFG KDW2's)
275/35/18's on the rear. (BFG DR's)

The BFG's work well except they are starting to peel, which I hear is normal. I have completly stock suspension except for the C springs and ran a 1.8 60 foot so far.

I have around $3,500 in the rims/tires/brakes/axles.

ZD302GT

Zach
Established Member
ok so can you fit a 94up rear axle assembly into a fox without mod so i can ditch my drums. and did you do anything to get the 275s to fit? remove quad shocks? oh and WOW looks amazing!!

runin1320

sTaNGs OwNs JoO!
Established Member
ok so can you fit a 94up rear axle assembly into a fox without mod so i can ditch my drums. and did you do anything to get the 275s to fit? remove quad shocks? oh and WOW looks amazing!!

Thanks,

I don't think that a ranger axle assembly will work.

I beat the inner fender to get them to fit. The car has been sold and now has the 5-lug '93 replicas on it.

:burnout:

SVTORANGE

Established Member
255/35/18's on Front.(BFG KDW2's)
275/35/18's on the rear. (BFG DR's)

The BFG's work well except they are starting to peel, which I hear is normal. I have completly stock suspension except for the C springs and ran a 1.8 60 foot so far.

I have around $3,500 in the rims/tires/brakes/axles.

Okay I have a question as well if you do not mind?

I did the IRS swap in my 89 coupe and have the factory springs and shocks on the rear with 275 x 40 x 18 on the rear and did the cobra swap up front BUT I have the same tire size up front. The issue I am having is the damn tires hit my bumper and need to get a tire that is at least a good inch or two shorter. Yes my tires do stick out of the fenders a little on all four corners.

My question is do you have enough room with that tire size in the front with a 10 inch rim with no rubbing issues? Thanks in advance and YOUR CAR looks awesome attached is a few pics of my car.

I too bought a complete 96 5 lug swap for the car and the axles are out of a 96 as well, I have the 8.8 and 373 gears to get rid of ow since I did the IRS swap. Sorry for the rant.

PICT1899.jpg

PICT1903.jpg

PICT1905.jpg

Last edited:

runin1320

sTaNGs OwNs JoO!
Established Member
Okay I have a question as well if you do not mind?

I did the IRS swap in my 89 coupe and have the factory springs and shocks on the rear with 275 x 40 x 18 on the rear and did the cobra swap up front BUT I have the same tire size up front. The issue I am having is the damn tires hit my bumper and need to get a tire that is at least a good inch or two shorter. Yes my tires do stick out of the fenders a little on all four corners.

My question is do you have enough room with that tire size in the front with a 10 inch rim with no rubbing issues? Thanks in advance and YOUR CAR looks awesome attached is a few pics of my car.

I too bought a complete 96 5 lug swap for the car and the axles are out of a 96 as well, I have the 8.8 and 373 gears to get rid of ow since I did the IRS swap. Sorry for the rant.

PICT1899.jpg

PICT1903.jpg

PICT1905.jpg

Hope this helps...

- If you used the '96 spindles, they will push your rims out. You really want the '94 or '95 spindles to retain stock track width.
- Need some clarification, 18x10's on front? I don't know of any set-up or offset that would allow for 18x10's up front without issues.
- With the IRS in the rear, and the '96 spindles I would look into s197 (2005+) offset rims to tuck them back in a bit.

Makes me sad to come in here...I sold that car. :(

But I got this....so don't loose any sleep over it.
DSC_0067_8_9.jpg

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Okay I am using the 18x10 in the rear and 18x9 in the front. The tire sze is 275 x 45 x18 and they hit turning the wheel so I saw the size you had used for the front and was wondering if you had any tire rubbing issues up front with the 35 series tires?.

Last edited:

runin1320

sTaNGs OwNs JoO!
Established Member
Okay I am using the 18x10 in the rear and 18x9 in the front. The tire sze is 275 x 45 x18 and they hit turning the wheel so I saw the size you had used for the front and was wondering if you had any tire rubbing issues up front with the 35 series tires?.

I see, the only rubbing issues that I had was that the inside of the rim would rub the a-arm if your try to turn sharply. Rack limiters would have prevented this.

BTW - I like that white notch! I want to find a clean roller for a mod motor conversion.

Last edited:

SVTORANGE

Established Member
The car is in great shape for its year indeed and thatnks for the kind words.

So that I am clear (SORRY) you used the 18x9 in the front with that 35 series tire?

I get the rubbing from the front of the tire rubbing the bumper as you turn left or right more on the passenger side than the drivers side. I was thinking of either going with your tire size or one a little smaller just to be safe.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
275/45R18 is a very tall tire.

What wheels are those on the white notch?

They are Rouch 18x9 wheels that I want to sell. The tires are to tall for the car in the front the rear looks pretty good thou but I am going to do an 18x10 in the rear.

Last edited:

runin1320

sTaNGs OwNs JoO!
Established Member
The car is in great shape for its year indeed and thatnks for the kind words.

So that I am clear (SORRY) you used the 18x9 in the front with that 35 series tire?

I get the rubbing from the front of the tire rubbing the bumper as you turn left or right more on the passenger side than the drivers side. I was thinking of either going with your tire size or one a little smaller just to be safe.

Yep, those are the ones I used. I would suggest switching to the '94/'95 spindle instead of going with new tires. :beer:

carrew

'01 Cobra Jet
Established Member
I run a BFG KDW2 245/40/18 on the front on a 18x8.5 wheel with 99 spindles and it just under the edge. I run a 275/35/18 on the rear street and 18x10 w/ 305/30/18 drag on fox length axles and northcobra brackets.

The 275/35/18 - 245/40/18 is a standard option for 2001 BMW M5.

I had some rubbing on the front and I used a Turnbuckle mounted from the inner frame rail to the outer fender. Push the fender out about 1" and also trimmed the lower fender cover about 1".

SVTORANGE

Established Member
I run a BFG KDW2 245/40/18 on the front on a 18x8.5 wheel with 99 spindles and it just under the edge. I run a 275/35/18 on the rear street and 18x10 w/ 305/30/18 drag on fox length axles and northcobra brackets.

The 275/35/18 - 245/40/18 is a standard option for 2001 BMW M5.

I had some rubbing on the front and I used a Turnbuckle mounted from the inner frame rail to the outer fender. Push the fender out about 1" and also trimmed the lower fender cover about 1".

I just ordered 225 x 40 x 18 with an 18 x 9 for the front and I am going with the 275 x 40 x18 with an 18 x 10 in the rear.

I am currently using the 96 spindle with the tire being 1.7 inches shorter than the 275 x 40 I am hoping to lower the front about an inch:banana:

Thanks for the information I really appreciate it.

carrew

'01 Cobra Jet
Established Member
I wonder if your going to end up like my friend brian did on his car. Even though he lowered it the tire space between the fender and the lower body well was a huge gap and it like he had a spacesave tire on the car.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
I wonder if your going to end up like my friend brian did on his car. Even though he lowered it the tire space between the fender and the lower body well was a huge gap and it like he had a spacesave tire on the car.

Oh heck no man I know exactly what you mean BUT I have researched this and these guys on this forum heave helped out a great deal so I am using the size tire they suggested. I will post pics when done.

runin1320

sTaNGs OwNs JoO!
Established Member
I just ordered 225 x 40 x 18 with an 18 x 9 for the front and I am going with the 275 x 40 x18 with an 18 x 10 in the rear.

I am currently using the 96 spindle with the tire being 1.7 inches shorter than the 275 x 40 I am hoping to lower the front about an inch:banana:

Thanks for the information I really appreciate it.

Sent you a PM with more details....:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread