black soot on the rear of the car

2003 Cobra

Established Member
My car keeps getting black soot all over the back of the car. I wash my car one day and the next day the black soot starts to build up. Waxing doesn't help. Does anyone else have this problem?

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
:lol: :lol: :lol:

it has nothing to do with burnin tires. you can drive to the grocery store at 30 mph and come back with black dust layerd on the rear fenders. It's just the way it is. I just accept it

:beer:

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
94SVT Coupe <<--cool avantar! looks great!!
I Hate it too, but unfortunately its normal.... I truly hate it when you spend 2 hours detailing your car..you take it for a 15 minute drive, come back..and the rear fender and rear bumper is all dirty!:bash: :gt:

Last edited:

bos04

Black soot

I have the same situation with mine here in south Florida. I have attributed it to the aerodynamics of the car. It seems an awful of air is washed up around the rear.I have also noticed more brake dust from the rear brakes then the front, which would also contribute. I guess we'll just have to keep the cleaning equipment handy.

norcal_cobra

Brand-X Eater
Established Member
I think it is a combo of brake dust and road grime. I have noticed that I hear a lot of dirt and such being kicked up into the rear fenderwells by the fat rear tires.

-norcal_cobra

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Originally posted by jmir018
94SVT Coupe <<--cool avantar! looks great!!

Thanks.. here's some pics if you want to see em. I just took a bunch this weekend... Feel free to use any of them for an avatar. Just don't use mine :)

BoneCrusher

Established Member
I get it too, really shows on the metallic silver too. Just makes keeping her clean a little more of a chore.
I'm with ygohome, I just accept it.

03DOHC

Established Member
No black soot here:??: . Even the insides of my exhaust tips are clean.:shrug:

RingTheory

Established Member
The black dust I had on my car was pretty heavy before I used Zaino. Since then, I can go almost 2 weeks until the dust builds up to the point before I used the Zaino.

RingTheory

Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
No black soot here:??: . Even the insides of my exhaust tips are clean.:shrug:

03DOHC, perhaps if you would drive it every now and then :) Nice pic in your sig BTW. :thumbsup:

Stunt Stangs

Established Member
I don't get any soot on the back of the car..only behind the rear tires. I keep it waxed and every day I just wipe it off with a damp towel when I put it to bed at night. If you wipe it off every day it doesn,t build up and look bad. :D

i8u

Established Member
No black soot here either..... and I do drive it every day and quite hard.:shrug:

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Dust seems to accumulate below rear decklid and on top of rear bumper. Have learned to live with the splatter along the rear fenders.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
> rinses right off

You mean it mists right off with Race Glaze Gloss Highlighter, right =>)?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread