Blacks Automotive

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
Jake LaMotta? Well the car was half built there, then half built at RSP. I heard Jay worked for LMP at some point? Either way, that motor was ****ed up when I pulled it out. Apparently it was a Boss330 longblock and the heads recently built by Champion. Jay said it had all Carillo valvetrain parts, but the valves still had SHM stampings on them.

But anywho, I sold the car and now it's back down in Florida, Tampa to be specific. Maybe you guys will see it down there. New owner got it tuned, but it didn't make as much power as before. Sounds like his tuner may be taking him to the cleaners. I wish I could have gotten Jon Lund to finish up the tune before I sent it off.

yes, Jake LaMotta. it should have just been built by him in the 1st place and not a 2nd shop.....

jay from rsp used to work for lamotta and the he quit jake and opened up RSP or whatever. jake never did anything to him.....

i dont like the guys at RSP at all especially since this is how one of the workers treats his car-

^ that is a real 2003 DSG cobra from a open house event TITAN motorsports held not long ago. he drove it into the muddy field and then buried the tires in the mud like a complete moron...

if thats how he treats his car, i would hate too see what they do to customer cars when the customer isnt around!

one of titans workers had to pull him out with his Ram

i nor a friend were impressed with the dyno day RSP had last saturday at all

i cant believe they are building up a 2JZ Foxbody.....:nonono:

Last edited:

cam302

89 vert
Established Member
yes, Jake LaMotta. it should have just been built by him in the 1st place and not a 2nd shop.....

jay from rsp used to work for lamotta and the he quit jake and opened up RSP or whatever. jake never did anything to him.....

i dont like the guys at RSP at all especially since this is how one of the workers treats his car-

^ that is a real 2003 DSG cobra from a open house event TITAN motorsports held not long ago. he drove it into the muddy field and then buried the tires in the mud like a complete moron...

if thats how he treats his car, i would hate too see what they do to customer cars when the customer isnt around!

WTF a 2JZ fox why?

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
WTF a 2JZ fox why?

yes, RSP has a big single turbo foxbody, i believe it was a '87.

it has holeshot wheels up front and stock rims outback. i wouldve taken some pics but me and my friend only stayed for about 5 mins then left to go hang out over at LaMotta's place

i actaully had the GT out and about and my friend brought his '07 Saleen PJ, then we headed out for the MFMC meet in his built '99 GT

Last edited:

UFGatorGuy20

UFGatorGuy20
Established Member
Hmmmm... I bought my 04 mystichrome from Blacks. However, the car only had 3600 miles on it, so there really wasn't a chance for it to be put into bad shape. I was able to talk at length with the original owner too. I had an overall good experience with Blacks. No pressure purchase. I knew exactly what I was getting and was happy. I've stopped in a couple times during my 2nd cobra search, but business was slow for them and they didn't have any cobras on their lot. I would've done business with them again. :shrug:

Last edited:

727Cobra

Established Member
Jake LaMotta? Well the car was half built there, then half built at RSP. I heard Jay worked for LMP at some point? Either way, that motor was ****ed up when I pulled it out. Apparently it was a Boss330 longblock and the heads recently built by Champion. Jay said it had all Carillo valvetrain parts, but the valves still had SHM stampings on them.

But anywho, I sold the car and now it's back down in Florida, Tampa to be specific. Maybe you guys will see it down there. New owner got it tuned, but it didn't make as much power as before. Sounds like his tuner may be taking him to the cleaners. I wish I could have gotten Jon Lund to finish up the tune before I sent it off.

Red Cobra with a T-trim??

otownpj

Established Member
Like i said blacks are a bunch of Jack knifes. Rumor is that one of the Blacks is addicted to the columbian BamBam?
I dont trust them, they screwed my wife over on her mach.

one of the guys backed her car into the fence before she bought it and I told them they needed to paint it, so some guy showed up to spray it outside. Before he sprayed my wifes mach he sprayed a torch orange roush. The guy didnt clean the gun and he immediately sprayed her mach, needless to say she had her rear bumper repainted white with orange tint(it looked like it came from tijuana). I flipped and told them to fix it and the next day the guy sprayed over it. overspray was everywhere and their is still sand all in the paint. The guys are abunch of losers. they are dishonest and they will do anything to make a buck!!!!!!!!

LitleWhiteSnake

Yeah, Its a VTEC
Established Member

you should not be talking shit about other shops you know nothing of. you prob dont even know why jay left. the only reson you are taking sides is cuz you work for jake now.. plz learn how to keep that big mouth of yours shut. thank you.

MLMike25

Established Member
I bought 2 Cobras from Blacks. No major problems or issues with either to report. I've had good experiences with them.

4-v mach

Kat KillR
Established Member

Kris Starnes would have been the one to do the work at Champion. Nothing he personally did would caused the problem. Same goes for Al (Boss330). They build serious race engines for NMRA competitors. The combination of the owner, tuner, and a misinformed seller probably had something to do with it...

*edited by moderator* you are going to try and badmouth someone based on the fact where they drive there car?

you should not be talking shit about other shops you know nothing of. you prob dont even know why jay left. the only reson you are taking sides is cuz you work for jake now.. plz learn how to keep that big mouth of yours shut. thank you.

agreed with both above. jake and jay both do quality work.

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member

alrighty then captain!

the man has spoken!

Last edited:

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
You realize that your incessant bashing of RSP actually reflects poorly on your employer, correct? It actually makes it worse than it originally was. Promote Lamotta all you want, but I would shy away from bashing other shops.

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
You realize that your incessant bashing of RSP actually reflects poorly on your employer, correct? It actually makes it worse than it originally was. Promote Lamotta all you want, but I would shy away from bashing other shops.

says www.titanmotorsports.com on my truck. guess i promote them :eek:

and wow i favorite a shop that works on fords rather than everything......that is my opinion

personally i hate one of the workers at RSP because he decided to make threats because i called him an idiot. Stupid move on my part but seems like the guy could only keep his cool for so long, its not hard to ignore people especially if they arent in your face!......i shouldnt bash the shop you are right. just another stupid move. people make mistakes, i make mistakes and learn from them and go on abut my life

....epic

Last edited:

4-v mach

Kat KillR
Established Member

+1. perfectly said

says Performance Car Parts | Supra | EVO | WRX | Porsche | TitanMotorsports.com on my truck. guess i promote them :eek:

and wow i favorite a shop that works on fords rather than everything......that is my opinion

personally i hate one of the workers at RSP because he decided to make threats because i called him an idiot. Stupid move on my part but seems like the guy could only keep his cool for so long, its not hard to ignore people especially if they arent in your face!......i shouldnt bash the shop you are right. just another stupid move. people make mistakes, i make mistakes and learn from them and go on abut my life

....epic

just a little fyi... jay used to work for titan when he left jake's before he started rsp. i'd probably remove that decal and put a lamotta one on if any

titan works on multiple brands. not just toyota's

...oh and jake will take pretty much anything he wants, not just fords. seen plenty of ls1 stuff come thru there

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
I have had work done on my Cobra at LaMotta and had a good experience. The dyno day we had at RSP was the first time I had been there and had never meet any of those guys(aside from trevor who had come to our meets) but i have to say they were all good dudes. Jay was very proffesional and informative with the dyno. Yeah they work on alot more than Mustangs but you dont want to narrow your customer base to 1 car, not good for business. Anyway I have had good experiences with both so im not taking sides.

As for blacks, I have heard alot of horror stories but they have always done good by me.

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
+1. perfectly said

just a little fyi... jay used to work for titan when he left jake's before he started rsp. i'd probably remove that decal and put a lamotta one on if any

titan works on multiple brands. not just toyota's

...oh and jake will take pretty much anything he wants, not just fords. seen plenty of ls1 stuff come thru there

kthx mark

CraigsSnake

Established Member
My car is from blacks, I bought it with 30,000 miles on it and it now has 51,000 and it has been 3.5 years with the only big problem being the alternator crapping out. I've heard a lot of bad things about blacks, but my car is a good one. I guess you take your chances anywhere you buy a used car.

Users who are viewing this thread