Blacks Automotive

Ffsupra23

Established Member
I am from outside of Florida and looking at a car at Blacks Automotive in Casselberry, FL and was wondering if anybody had any information on them as a car dealership... I.E. If they are legit or not... If you could help me out that'd be greatly appreciated

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
I see you found the section. I'm sure some people in here can point you in the right direction. I see tons of Stangs running around Orlando with Blacks Auto plate frames.

Which car are you looking at getting?

otownpj

Established Member
stay away

i would stay away, we bought a car from them, they are dishonest. Most of their cars are garbage. They have a reputation in orlando for being lousy. they went out of business and recently rebounded. I would stay away from blacks.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
brother bought a car from that place....its sitting blown up in my driveway....stock car...what a bunch of thieves

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
i would stay away, we bought a car from them, they are dishonest. Most of their cars are garbage. They have a reputation in orlando for being lousy. They went out of business and recently rebounded. I would stay away from blacks.

brother bought a car from that place....its sitting blown up in my driveway....stock car...what a bunch of thieves

^ this........

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
why did you get rid of them then?

I had my cobra for 2 years, sprayed a 125 shot on it for a yr1/2, never a problem. Lost my job and needed money so I sold it back to brian who bought it for his wife. At that time there was a 92 LX hatch on the lot, nice clean car. he made ne a offer on my Cobra that was more than I expected, got some cash and the fox that day. had the fox for almost 3 yrs and sprayed a 100 shot on that for 2 years and never had a problem....it was a great strong car. got tired of that, wanted a sn95 so I bought my current car.

Not trying to defend them, sure people have had bad experiences.....I never did.

RedDemon91

Established Member
I've heard nothing but piss poor stories about them. They talk up a good game but sell you shit that's ready to break down. Stay away from them.

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
to the OP, just pay attention to some of there craigslist ads. like the mystic '04 vert they have. it has been on that lot now for almost a year now, (wonder why it wont sell) and the red mach 1 has been there a long time too.

a kid that went to my school had a '95 rio red cobra that he traded in for a LS1 Z28 like a dumbass.........that car was only worth like $7000 bucks (speaking about the maro) and when he traded they turned around and sold his cobra for $13k. hopefully they gave him some cash but idk. his Z28 looks sick now. heard the only reason he ditched his cobra for that was because he wanted something that was as quick as a '03-'04 cobra lol

they also offer to sell your car for you and take some of the profit. every owner that has had there car taken there to have them help sell it took it back.

i still see an old silver fox with blue ghost flames pop up every now and then that came from blacks....i guess it was one of the good ones they had :shrug:

one of my sister's friends drives a 7up edition notch that she bought from blacks. i think her boyfriend at the time replaced just about every part on it after it was purchased from them

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Bought my Cobra from Brian last February. He took my integra in on trade for a pretty decent deal. Very nice guy, but I figured he'd know a bit more about mustangs from his apparent history with them.

The car I bought was owned by a friend of his and built by the friend's brother's shop (Real Street Performance). Apparently it's a pretty well known car in florida (original owner was Ralph Greene). A month after I bought it, I spun out on the beltway and almost nailed a guardrail because the car had very little tread when I bought it. It was raining, so it was pretty much my fault. About 2 months after I bought it, the fuel system went to hell. I found that the wires in the tank were overloaded and had fried, which could have caught the tank on fire... Replaced the fuel system with a very stout setup. 2 months after that, the engine took a dump while I was driving to work. Had to replace the whole engine because the shop that had worked on the heads (Champion Race Heads) machined down the valve springs to fit the seats and 8 of them ended up breaking. Plus I found that some of the head parts weren't what had been advertised. Ended up breaking a camshaft in half and dropping 2 valves. I spent a small fortune getting a new motor built and got no money from anyone.

I can't blame Brian because the car ran perfectly and made 570whp when I left his shop. I guess it just so happens his buddy doesn't build reliable cars. His place does look a bit ratty, I think he could dress it up a little. I'd probably buy from him again, but nothing modified.

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
Bought my Cobra from Brian last February. He took my integra in on trade for a pretty decent deal. Very nice guy, but I figured he'd know a bit more about mustangs from his apparent history with them.

The car I bought was owned by a friend of his and built by the friend's brother's shop (Real Street Performance). Apparently it's a pretty well known car in florida (original owner was Ralph Greene). A month after I bought it, I spun out on the beltway and almost nailed a guardrail because the car had very little tread when I bought it. It was raining, so it was pretty much my fault. About 2 months after I bought it, the fuel system went to hell. I found that the wires in the tank were overloaded and had fried, which could have caught the tank on fire... Replaced the fuel system with a very stout setup. 2 months after that, the engine took a dump while I was driving to work. Had to replace the whole engine because the shop that had worked on the heads (Champion Race Heads) machined down the valve springs to fit the seats and 8 of them ended up breaking. Plus I found that some of the head parts weren't what had been advertised. Ended up breaking a camshaft in half and dropping 2 valves. I spent a small fortune getting a new motor built and got no money from anyone.

I can't blame Brian because the car ran perfectly and made 570whp when I left his shop. I guess it just so happens his buddy doesn't build reliable cars. His place does look a bit ratty, I think he could dress it up a little. I'd probably buy from him again, but nothing modified.

theres your problem, it was tuned/built at RSP. shoulda had jake look at the motor for you. atleast he is honest

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Jake LaMotta? Well the car was half built there, then half built at RSP. I heard Jay worked for LMP at some point? Either way, that motor was ****ed up when I pulled it out. Apparently it was a Boss330 longblock and the heads recently built by Champion. Jay said it had all Carillo valvetrain parts, but the valves still had SHM stampings on them.

But anywho, I sold the car and now it's back down in Florida, Tampa to be specific. Maybe you guys will see it down there. New owner got it tuned, but it didn't make as much power as before. Sounds like his tuner may be taking him to the cleaners. I wish I could have gotten Jon Lund to finish up the tune before I sent it off.

Voodoo Snake

Established Member
My wife and I went there a couple of years ago to look at a 2004 Stage 2 roush Vert. Car looked great and was advertised as perfect in the pics but when we saw it in person, all four chrome wheels were flaking really really bad, rusty rotors, gouges in the lightbar and rock chips all over the front.

The guy didnt give us the time of day and when I asked about the crappy Roush wheels and if they could possible replace/repair he just kind of shugged and "meh". Needless to say, we left and never went back.

Users who are viewing this thread