blew jlt pcv pre-filter off on dyno

Strikeking10

Established Member
My car was on the dyno last night getting tuned and on the 4th pull it blew the JLT pre filter off the passenger side cover and blew the dipstick up also, I also have a JLT oil separator on the driver side. It was making more boost than it should of with the cold weather, im running 92 oct with a can of torco in the tank also, it was at 18* of timing but on the 2.6 upper and stock lower it shot up to 24 lbs of boost which I know is way too much and will be putting the 2.8 upper back on. The pull blew the pre filter and dipstick at about 4500 rpms. What else could it of been besides too much crankcase pressure blowing those out from the boost? The shop wants to take apart the engine again to find out exactly what happened but im hoping its something simple. Here are my mods.

Gen 2 Tvs 2.6 upper pulley, stock lower
Accufab Throttle Body
T56 Magnum
Spec stage 3+ clutch
bored .20 over
9.3:1 Manley pistons
Manley 1mm oversized valves
Bronze valve guides
Lethal return system
80lb injectors
JLT Ram air
SCT BA-3000 Maf
Bassani Offroad Xpipe
Bassani Mid legnth headers
Livernois springs
Cloyes adjustatble secondary cam gears
Cobra enginering secondary tensioner
Stock cams
Ford Gt roller rockers
Melling high volume oil pump
ARP Bolts all around

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Cylinder sealing issue is all I know that would cause that kind of pressure (hurt piston or ring). Time for a compression test I would think

Strikeking10

Established Member
Cylinder sealing issue is all I know that would cause that kind of pressure (hurt piston or ring). Time for a compression test I would think
I sure hope its not the pistons lol I havent even driven the car since the rebuild, im good friends with the shop and they already said they would cover it, but if its something easy that doesnt require taking the engine apart again. ill ask them to do a compression test though before taking the engine out.

Users who are viewing this thread