Blew Motor! Need Parts! 02 lightning

SVT Nick

Kenne Bell coming soon!
Established Member
I crack a rod in lightning tuesday night and i need parts,block,headers,cams,pistons anything anyone can has and can help me out with. Well i blew my motor but the other guy got spanked real bad. Thanks.

SVT Nick

bransharksfan

2006 ST Class AutoX CHAMP
Established Member
If you just need stock parts call Billy at MSX!! With all the engines he has built I know he has a nice collection of stok L parts!!

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
I obviously don't know your experience with building engines so I thought I would throw in my $0.02. Its not a good idea to build an engine from a bunch of different used parts. Every engine wears in differently and a a piston that worked well in another engine may wear yours out faster. Also bearings never wear in the same and sticking a used rod on a used crank tends to increase wear because the original wear marks between the two will not match up. It will be possible to assemble an engine with a bunch of used parts however it will most likely not last very long or handle as much power unless you get very very lucky. I can understand if you are just looking for something to tide you over until you can afford a correctly machined and rebuilt engine though. Hope it works out for you either way. Just remember no matter what to use new bearings, rings, seals and gaskets (where needed). :beer:

Last edited:

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
firemanlightnin said:
thats alot of post!!! sorry to hear about your loss
What the hell does that mean? The poor guy blew his engine and is looking for some help. He doesn't need 1,000 posts to ask for some help does he? Give the guy a break.

firemanlightnin

Its a Hybrid
Established Member
man so quick to jump somebody........how bout you give somebody a break and shut the hell up.............sorry you dont have a sense of humor or sarcasm........wasnt meaning anything by it.........

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
firemanlightnin said:
man so quick to jump somebody........how bout you give somebody a break and shut the hell up.............sorry you dont have a sense of humor or sarcasm........wasnt meaning anything by it.........
I'm not the one who didn't give the guy a break. You jump him and think thats OK but when I jump you its not.
Dude I don't think he was looking for humor considering he just blew his engine and its going to cost him big $ to fix. It's immature actions like that that show your just a punk. :bash:

firemanlightnin

Its a Hybrid
Established Member
ok man..whatever.......a blown motor never killed anybody......humor is the easiest way to get over things that piss you off......a punk? hahaha and thats not immature? ooooo a big name caller....dont you feel BIG. I think its pretty stupid you trying to start something on the internet. I suggest you grow up and be an adult like everybody else and put on your big boy pants and shut up

BC Lightning

Project Panty Dropper
Established Member
SVT Nick said:
I crack a rod in lightning tuesday night and i need parts,block,headers,cams,pistons anything anyone can has and can help me out with. Well i blew my motor but the other guy got spanked real bad. Thanks.

SVT Nick

See Terry Cole at Performance Research, he only works on L's and he has built tons of them now, he just installed my built motor, 3" bassani full exhaust, and Whipple, great mechanic and top notch work, shoot me a PM for his info since he isnt a SV on this board, but he is a SV on TALONclub.com, he also has an enclosed trailer and can pick up and deliver!!!!!!!!!!

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
firemanlightnin said:
ok man..whatever.......a blown motor never killed anybody......humor is the easiest way to get over things that piss you off......a punk? hahaha and thats not immature? ooooo a big name caller....dont you feel BIG. I think its pretty stupid you trying to start something on the internet. I suggest you grow up and be an adult like everybody else and put on your big boy pants and shut up
Look Dude I didn't start it you did by picking on SVT Nick's post count. Just let it go there is a time and a place for everything.

firemanlightnin

Its a Hybrid
Established Member
yes I know.......I am trying to resolve this.......like i said before I was being sarcastic......."let it go" I wish you would. I'm not on here to argue over the net....were all a family

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
firemanlightnin said:
yes I know.......I am trying to resolve this.......like i said before I was being sarcastic......."let it go" I wish you would. I'm not on here to argue over the net....were all a family
:beer:

SVT Nick

Kenne Bell coming soon!
Established Member
blown motor

Well thanks for the help guys. I dont post alot cause im not very good with all this forum stuff. I found a guy that will build me a built motor pretty cheap. Any suggestions on performance cams, pistons, rods, or anything like that. I am also looking for a used kenny bell or some long tubes.

Users who are viewing this thread