Blew motor

Blackmax

Established Member
Well I guess I won't get another season out of my motor after all. She went lean for some reason and ate a couple of plugs, I guess I would have vave and piston damage. I'll have to figure out why it went lean, could be fuel pumps. Whats best shortblock for quality and price?

acobra03

Established Member
That sucks! Sorry to hear that man. What is the set up? Boost level? Stock lower pulley? Pump gas? Just curious.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
That sucks, I was following your rear install and now this? Can you elaborate on what happened?

bull3441

Established Member
Sorry to hear, the cheapest SB would prob be the FRPP SB. L&M SB starts at $4995 and you get what you pay for. A little advice, get an new oil cooler and a billet oil pump.

Van@RevanRacing

FRPP Short Blocks are currently on back order until the end of the month.

L&M Engines can build you a nice short block or if you would like to build up go with some ported heads, cams etc. and build a horsepower monster.

Van

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Sorry to hear, the cheapest SB would prob be the FRPP SB. L&M SB starts at $4995 and you get what you pay for. A little advice, get an new oil cooler and a billet oil pump.

+1

Michael at L&M is great to deal with and build soild stuff. I have been very pleased.

CuZzO99L

BLACK SUNSHINE
Established Member
Same thing happen to me running the crap out of it on a low fuel level like a dumba$$.....(not saying u were) I think I subconsciously wanted a built motor.. Sry to hear bro. O and let me just say, try not to get caught up in the" might as well do this might as well do that" thought process when the motor is out... Although I do wish I would have had a cpl things powdercoated while the engine was out

Last edited:

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
I hate to hear that, interested to hear your power level and the details on your car. GL on the rebuild, it will be back stronger than ever.

DaFreak

Established Member
Damn, that sucks. I too an interested in your setup. This also makes me wonder if it would be smarter to upgrade internals BEFORE the motor goes?

Blackmax

Established Member
Thanks for the kind words and support guys, I will be taking pics of the plugs and post mods etc. It wil be a few days before we get into what happened, my first guess would be fuel pump not able to keep up.

Users who are viewing this thread