BLinking CEL under load

bfoos59

Established Member
Stock springs? Tuner shouldn’t have any issues with tuning a set of NSR springs.

Who tuned the car prior to you owning it?
Previous owners and tuner unknown. Of course was lied to about several things when I bought the car. but like I said, I’m the one who bought it so I have to live with it —and try to get it running ok.

bfoos59

Established Member
Reason for the cel codes . Found low compression on cylinders 1-4. Found timing chain tensioner had stuck, causing chain to skip a tooth. Replaced all chains, gears, and tensioners. No more codes! Except….while in the engine found the heads and cams aren’t stock. Which makes the tune I had done (no cams) basically no good. The engine idle is very lopey, and only idling about 500 rpm. This is causing p3000 and p3014 on startup. So I‘m contacting VMP performance to get another tune (another $600). Oh well..

LS WUT

Established Member
Reason for the cel codes . Found low compression on cylinders 1-4. Found timing chain tensioner had stuck, causing chain to skip a tooth. Replaced all chains, gears, and tensioners. No more codes! Except….while in the engine found the heads and cams aren’t stock. Which makes the tune I had done (no cams) basically no good. The engine idle is very lopey, and only idling about 500 rpm. This is causing p3000 and p3014 on startup. So I‘m contacting VMP performance to get another tune (another $600). Oh well..
Glad you found out the issue though man. Luckily she didn’t grenade on you under WOT or something.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
well that sucks but beats a new motor. I would hope theyd work with you on the tune pricing but who knows

Users who are viewing this thread