blinking theft light

my94pony

addicted
Established Member
So I daily drive my cobra and out of nowhere today the theft light was blinking when I started it up and continued blinking the entire time I drove it
What does this mean?

Last edited:

BraMas

Established Member
So I daily drive my cobra and out of nowhere today the left light was blinking when I started it up and continued blinking the entire time I drove it
What does this mean?
than turn your left turn signal off:shrug: sorry couldn't resist

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
idk possibly blew a sensor (being captian obv) but...idk i would check all the fuses in the fuse box under the hood, mainly the big ass ones

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Usually a flashing Theft light means a problem with your PATS security system. Often times its the transponder chip in your key that's going south, or a larger problem with your PATS computer. Do you have another key you can try to see if that does it?

I also had an issue where my AutoLogic chip was causing a problem with the PATS system, and I had to pull it. Some performance chips can mess with this.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Count the flashes, it will give you a code. it should flash a few times, pause, and then flash a few times again. Then there will be a longer pause before the code starts over again.

my94pony

addicted
Established Member
Usually a flashing Theft light means a problem with your PATS security system. Often times its the transponder chip in your key that's going south, or a larger problem with your PATS computer. Do you have another key you can try to see if that does it?

I also had an issue where my AutoLogic chip was causing a problem with the PATS system, and I had to pull it. Some performance chips can mess with this.

i have another key I'll try, i don't have a performance chip
as of right now it still starts up every time and drives the same i just want to know if this means problems to come

thanks for all the input guys

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Ok, so did you count the flashes as I suggested? That will tell you why it is flashing in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread