Blockbuster

rborden

Established Member
Go check out

Looks like they might be trying to make a comeback.

0E50844E-CF20-4D7D-9E34-A4702D50CBA6.jpeg

BlackStang00

Established Member
I read an article about it on Facebook yesterday. I’m not sure it’s the company trying to revive itself or the website never having been taken down. It would be interesting to see blockbuster make a return though. I bet they could make money selling merchandise.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I read an article about it on Facebook yesterday. I’m not sure it’s the company trying to revive itself or the website never having been taken down. It would be interesting to see blockbuster make a return though. I bet they could make money selling merchandise.
Wonder if it has been gone so long they lost the domain name. Curious to see where this goes.

Obvious question would be, Apple, Netflix, HBO, Amazon plus, Disney with high dollar new content. Add in all Plex type buying up and cheap stuff. Where is the niche?

Last edited:

BlackStang00

Established Member
Wonder if it has been gone so long they lost the domain name. Curious to see where this goes.

Obvious question would be, Apple, Netflix, HBO, Amazon plus, Disney with high dollar new content. Add in all Plex type buying up and cheap stuff. Where is the niche?
As stated above I guess it’s been up since November last year so maybe there is some credence to it. I read that Dish bought it. I’m curious if Dish is trying to revive the brand. I think the only thing it has going for it is the name. Nostalgia will be its selling point, at least initially. Otherwise I agree, it’s not going to attract anyone.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Ideally owning the snes and genesis was the way to go. Sega offered more of the arcade and sports experience (madden 90 or 91?) and Nintendo marched to the beat of its own Italian drum.

Users who are viewing this thread