Blowed away an Impala SS

Yellow Horse

Established Member
The Impala was stock as far as I could see. Driving home around 11:00 pm and come up to a red light and there is a black Impala SS sitting in the left lane. I stopped about a half car behind him. I've seen him around town a few times. When the light changes I romped off catching him way off guard. He catches me at the next light and pulls right up next to me door handle to door handle. I'm thinking is he going to run or not. At the light he hits it and I'm off a tick later. I get a pretty good launch and catch him pretty quickly. I hit second and break loose. I get off the throttle then back in. By the time I hit 80 he's three to four cars back. I slow and he does a ricer fly-by as I throw my hand up and wave and acts as if I was never there. I think he wanted me to t hink he wasn't running. I really didn't think of it as a kill but being he was a d'head, I'll post it.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by Yellow Horse
The Impala was stock as far as I could see. Driving home around 11:00 pm and come up to a red light and there is a black Impala SS sitting in the left lane. I stopped about a half car behind him. I've seen him around town a few times. When the light changes I romped off catching him way off guard. He catches me at the next light and pulls right up next to me door handle to door handle. I'm thinking is he going to run or not. At the light he hits it and I'm off a tick later. I get a pretty good launch and catch him pretty quickly. I hit second and break loose. I get off the throttle then back in. By the time I hit 80 he's three to four cars back. I slow and he does a ricer fly-by as I throw my hand up and wave and acts as if I was never there. I think he wanted me to t hink he wasn't running. I really didn't think of it as a kill but being he was a d'head, I'll post it.

An Impala SS driver doing a FLYBY!!!! no way thats against code, (even says so in the owners manual)

Was it a B-body or the new crappy impalas???

Nice Kill BTW

-Zach

Blackgeetee

Established Member
They only make a base Impala and an Impala LS. The Impala LS with the 3800 series II will only run 16.0 in the quarter.

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Actually that 3800 Series II can break into the 15's in good weather (sig) and the Impala has to be lighter than the full zoot Bonne!

No new Impala SS, just Monte SS (which is a joke).

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
I hate when they make a car just a ground effects and badge job with no extra performance... and sell it for 26-28 grand!

Hey... shouldn't the title be "BLEW away an Impala SS"? Sorry, bein' picky, I'll quit.

jlowitz

Established Member
Last night I saw a 01 Monte Carlo SShit with these ugly ass chrome 20" rims at the movies. I can't believe people can be so dumb.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Hey man you guys are majorly harshing............ jeremy you are half right old impalas were V8 only new ones are V6 only. The Ole impala is quite a car, and could kick the crap out of most everything out there, when moddified correctly................ just my .02

BTW I hate the new ones................... Now back to our regualrly scheduled Ford SVT broadcast

-Zach

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Originally posted by sohowcome
Hey man you guys are majorly harshing............
The Ole impala is quite a car, and could kick the crap out of most everything out there, when moddified correctly................ just my .02

-Zach

We didn't hurt your pride now did we? :whine: You ARE on an SVT forum ya' know... not LS1. :ud: Gonna get some ribbing now and then.

The COBRA's can kick the crap out of most everything out there for what is spent on getting a big black limo to run high 12's.

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
THAT was SWEET! Bet that bitch runs out pretty good! Where'd you run across that? I had to send that out to the fellow gear heads.

Zach... I'm assuming you have long-tubes and an aftermarket cam/heads to get the Queen Mary to move it's passengers in such speed??

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Ran across that at the edmunds.com auto website. Even though I love the Mustang, the Lightning, and other fast Fords etc. I still love anything fast. You have to admit if they make that Impala, it will be sweet. (That's why I know GM won't make it. lol)

Zach, what mods did you do to make that Impy so damn fast? I've always wondered but never got around to asking.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Ok here are the mods for you gentlemen!!

1996 Chevy Impala SS 350 LT-1, Procharger Supercharger w/ 8 PSI Modifications: 3.73 gear, 52MM throttle body, LT1 aluminum head motor, 2-1/4" flow master with cross over, Hypertech Power Programer Plus, SLP headers, SLP cold air induction, K&N dual fiters, 1.6 Rocker arms, aluminum drive shaft

Best time 1/4 12.875 @ 110.55

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Mmmmmmm.... Boooost.....
Intercooled then right? I sooo want a Procharger.

There's a gal at the track I go to that races her Impala SS. She's just this petite little thing and she's there changin' out her tires and doin' this -n- that to it. I guess she won her money class a few weekends back and got like $750.00... not bad.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by SVT X 2
Mmmmmmm.... Boooost.....
Intercooled then right? I sooo want a Procharger.

There's a gal at the track I go to that races her Impala SS. She's just this petite little thing and she's there changin' out her tires and doin' this -n- that to it. I guess she won her money class a few weekends back and got like $750.00... not bad.

Yes intercooled it is heheheh@ woman wonder what kind of times she runs................

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
I don't think she's that old... kinda young, small, and CUTE!
I think her fastest times are in the 13.20's (N/A).

It's actually funny... I seen her in her Caprice (daily car) last night on the freeway as I was comin' home from the strip club, weird.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by SVT X 2
I don't think she's that old... kinda young, small, and CUTE!
I think her fastest times are in the 13.20's (N/A).

It's actually funny... I seen her in her Caprice (daily car) last night on the freeway as I was comin' home from the strip club, weird.

lmao i think that is hilarious I have a caprice as daily driver, hers isnt green is it?>

my caprice

vw21916.jpg

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
HUBCAPS!! LOL!!! Oh No.... Man you gotta get some cop rallys on that thing or something. That's WAY too plain looking. Who am I kiddin'... my Cavalier is as plain as they come, but yet, it doesn't have HUBCAPS! :D :D

Her's is grey w/a lt. grey bottom. She has aftermarket poilshed rims on it. Her boyfriend used to run that... before she gave 'em the BOOT.

Users who are viewing this thread