BLOWER LIGHT CAME ON AND I HEARD A FART SOUND - WHAT WAS THAT?

Fast03Cobra

Established Member
Ok, so I'm screwing around with the 03 tonight. I check the plugs and the driver rear plug was out to about .60"... I gapped all to about .45 (cause I got the 2.80 pulley). They all looked good. Lil orangey.

Then I decided to go ahead and put my silencer back on for sh*ts and giggles. Too see if there is any difference. I know the car felt choked with the 2.80 pulley, K&N, and no silencer.

Take it out for a cruise. Feels different. Does not seem to sound as loud. Does not seem to rev as quickly....Hmmmm. Must be slower.

So I get to OPEN HER UP, peg the boost gauge, and I hear a FART sound and the blower light comes on.... What the HECK was that?

So I open her up again in 1st and I'll be damned if it does not feel MUCH quicker with the silencer back in... Cold air? Who knows but I have NEVER seen that blower light before... Nor did it come back again. Only got on it 4 times. I SWEAR its faster... How come?

CAn ANYONE PLEASE EXPLAIN WHATS GOING ON!!! This goes beyond my logic and reasoning. Plus I am afraid of what that light meant and that sound was.

FlashSVT

Established Member
When the computer cuts timing (Like when Traction Control is activated) you can get a "fart-like" sound. Very, very common on Lightnings.

Fast03Cobra

Established Member
Oh GOD... people...I am LOOSING it...

YES IT WAS THE TC light... Never saw it before... I just looked it up in the manual...

I MUST :read: :read: :read: :read: :read:

But WHY DOES IT FEEL MUCH FASTER? Could it be the cold air from the stock silencer.

Is the stock setup with K&N going to supply me with enough air using the 2.80 pulley?

Gatorac

Established Member
Blower light?

Where is the blower light. I just ran out to the car and turned the key on to try and find one.:shrug:

Maybe it was the traction control?:idea: That kinda makes a fart noise and the car falls flat on it's ass.

Fast03Cobra

Established Member
guys I am soooo sorry...

Lets FORGET the TC light thing and talk about why my car feels so much faster with the silencer back in.

I think it is quite possible that the blower is getting a MUCH colder charge of air. Maybe?

Couldnt be the .45 gap in the pugs...Could it?

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
I can't believe the silencer would make enough difference that you could actually feel. The different gap in the plugs I'm not smart enough to answer that one. Gatorac- I think the blower light is the light green hurricane looking light on the dash. Look for it when you turn the key.

FlashSVT

Established Member
I think the blower light is the light green hurricane looking light on the dash. Look for it when you turn the key.
:lol:

Most dynos are showing ~8 RWHP increase after removing the silencer. There are some recent posts supporting this.

Last edited:

Fast03Cobra

Established Member
Yes I could feel a HUGE difference. It just pulls MUCH harder and I was breaking traction easier than usual.

It is VERY cool tonight. like around 50/55 right now. And I am now sucking COLD air. Could just be the cold charge of air in combination with the intercooler coolant that was cold too.

I will know more later when I drive it some more.
My car does react to cold air in a huge way. unlike any other car I've ever owned. They all feel a lil peppier on a cool/cold night. But this thing felt like 40+ more HP to me. I mean a REAL noticable difference.

Seeing that I goofed on the light thing... perhaps I should not have had that last can of dumbass with dinner....hehehehe

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
temps mean everything with these cars. The only example I have is with my old Lightning, would run a best of 14.3xx when stock on a 90+ degree day. Same stock truck would turn 13.7xx with temps in the 60's. There is a big difference in times there. I would thing the Cobra reacts the same to temp changes.

Gatorac

Established Member
Originally posted by 03snake
[BGatorac- I think the blower light is the light green hurricane looking light on the dash. Look for it when you turn the key. [/B]

Oh, all this time I thought that was a tire spinning showing that the TC was activated.;-) :-D

Ford must have made a mistake and put a blower light in my 02 GT too.:lol1:

J/K I feaked a the first few times I saw that light in the 02.

3rdstang

Established Member
The little green light on your dash is a traction control light. It comes on when you are losing traction and the traction control kicks in. Look at it closely the next time you start your car. It is a little green tire with some lines coming from it.

JClifton

Uhh it's stock!
Established Member
In my 01 Cobra I broke em loose for the first time and saw that light come on and looked at my friend and we both said... Uhm when did this car get a blower? After closer examination... (following the RTFM idea) we discovered the secret of TC... now my light ALWAYS says 'Trac Off' "light on". :)

-- Jaret

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by 03snake
I know but doesn't look like a blower of some kind!!!!!
:lol: :lol:

OMG! Thanks for the laugh 03snake.
That traction control light is evil!

03DOHC

Established Member
I forgot to turn my TC off this morning. Pulled out into traffic and it took a nose dive. No rice fart though, just seemed like someone yanked 4 plug wires. Kinda pissed me off!:cuss:

Users who are viewing this thread