Blower pulley and lower pulleys

idiliogomez

Young One
Established Member
If i was to get a 2.76 blower pulley, does this require lower pulleys also? I know i need a shorter belt but will my alternator burn out or something if i dont change lower pulleys?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
No, a larger lower crank pulley isn't needed and can be a pain to install. You'll be fine with just the 2.76". If you port the blower then the addition of a 4 lb. lower works well because the blower is more efficient and can better handle the increased boost. You will, though, need at least an auxiliary idler for more belt wrap and less belt slip. I'd recommend a 4-piece billet set and get rid of the stock, stamped steel idlers. As far as the alternator pulley, some have gone with a 3.20" (stock is 2.6") to slow it down and increase the life of the alternator. The majority stay with the stock alternator pulley unless they increase the size of the lower crank pulley.

X3FBrian

Established Member
A smaller upper pulley will not make your alternator spin fast. Your crank pulley is the drive pulley. I put a bigger alternator pulley on a stock lower for what it's worth.

Users who are viewing this thread