blown 08 supersnake whats a good short block

88blackhorse

Established Member
I have an 08 gt500 with a 2.8lc kb kooks long tubes, kooks x pipe, magnaflow mufflers, Shelby dual fan heat ex, 10% iw lower, kb bap. it dyno 737 wrhp on 17psi on 93 gas. Well this pass weekend it blow up I pulled all the plugs all look good, looked in with a bore scope found some side wall damage to cyl 8, performed compression test which the results was 0 psi, looked on top with bore scope looks good thinking part of piston came apart between the rings, running tr7s and a lund tune, not sure what caused that if a bad tune or fuel or if over boosted, but now its time to rebuild, not sure what route to take build what I have or go with a short block

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
L&M Race Engines - Hatboro PA

Mike builds great Mod Motors

search the site, lots of threads like this question

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I have an 08 gt500 with a 2.8lc kb kooks long tubes, kooks x pipe, magnaflow mufflers, Shelby dual fan heat ex, 10% iw lower, kb bap. it dyno 737 wrhp on 17psi on 93 gas. Well this pass weekend it blow up I pulled all the plugs all look good, looked in with a bore scope found some side wall damage to cyl 8, performed compression test which the results was 0 psi, looked on top with bore scope looks good thinking part of piston came apart between the rings, running tr7s and a lund tune, not sure what caused that if a bad tune or fuel or if over boosted, but now its time to rebuild, not sure what route to take build what I have or go with a short block

What CSM number is your Super Snake?

R

Users who are viewing this thread