Blown 93 Cobra owners...in here please.

~Ray~

Established Member
FoxSnake said:
Just curious if you've ever had your car on a dyno. 331 and a Screw blower must put out some insane off-idle torque. Bet it's a beast on the street - if you can hook it up....

Many times. I'm constantly upgrading, my current combo I have not dynoed yet "but plan to in the next couple of days" but before Heads, Cam, Inlet, Added Flowzilla boost, Headers, Tweecer, etc, etc I made 441/565 to the wheels, I'd guess I'm around 500 to the wheels now, if I could stop blowing head gaskets long enough to get it on a dyno :bash:

Last edited:

03BlownSnake

SVT Tech
Established Member
~Ray~ said:
Many times. I'm constantly upgrading, my current combo I have not dynoed yet "but plan to in the next couple of days" but before Heads, Cam, Inlet, Added Flowzilla boost, Headers, Tweecer, etc, etc I made 441/565 to the wheels, I'd guess I'm around 500 to the wheels now, if I could stop blowing head gaskets long enough to get it on a dyno :bash:

What type of head gaskets are you running? O-ring'd the head yet?

~Ray~

Established Member
I've ran all the graphites & Cometics, the Cometics worked but leaked oil everytime so I'm back to the 9113pt's again.

~Ray~

Established Member
There the same as those just the 9111's have a steel firing ring where the 85's are a softer metal.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
That's good to know. When I've had issues, the firing ring has always been fine. I just get compression pushing past it into the coolant jacket which burns away the soft gasket material just past the firing ring. Basically the heads lift slightly under extreme pressure. Something the stock GT40's are known for. I've learned a little over torque on the heads helps a lot. I torqued mine to 90 lbs lower, 100 lbs upper) with ARP's and they seem to hold with up to 21 lbs. About once a year though I'd have to replace them. I also ran Alcohol injection which helped a lot.

So what about the 9333's?

03Cobra04GT

Under Construction
Established Member
I love hearing about blown Fox's. Can you guys post up some vid's and pics of your Blown 93' Cobra's??

~Ray~

Established Member
Sorry I meant the 933's "not 9111's".

They are basically the samething as the 845's "or whatever" & Fords b50's. I cracked my block just found it today so am ordering a new Dart Block tomorrow & may try the Cometics again since I'll have a smoother deck this time.

03BlownSnake

SVT Tech
Established Member
GETTEUP said:
here you go

So how much horsepower is that thing putting out now with 12 psi? Thats basically the same set up as mine, although my $hitty powerdyne only managed to push out 7 psi on a good day, so I only saw 451rwhp

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
well on 5lbs of boost (lots of belt slip) it made 450 rwhp at approx 5000 rpm's.
the belt slip issue is taken care of and now he's seeing a consistant 12 lbs. the car goes back to the dyno this weekend. should make 550rwhp +.
that motor made 900 plus on 25lbs of turbo boost.

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
GETTEUP said:
well on 5lbs of boost (lots of belt slip) it made 450 rwhp at approx 5000 rpm's.
the belt slip issue is taken care of and now he's seeing a consistant 12 lbs. the car goes back to the dyno this weekend. should make 550rwhp +.
that motor made 900 plus on 25lbs of turbo boost.

This guy says he will smoke you !

http://media.putfile.com/1993-chevy-cavalier-badass-burnout

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
~Ray~ said:
What cam is that ?

Taken from another thread where John put up the specs on the motor

"Well, hopefully when i take it up to the dyno this saturday there will be NO surprises...lol. Im still not sure on how much power its gonna make though. Kinda long story on the engine but here goes....The guy that i bought the motor from got it brand new from Keith Craft costing around $11K or so. Parts include R302 block stroked and bored to a 331, canfield heads, Trickflow R-Series Intake both that have slightly been CNC ported, Comp Cams (224-230 dur. & 544-544 lift w/112 LSA...also those numbers are using a 1.6 rocker, mine is running 1.72, so im not sure how to recalculate) canton oil pan, BBK shorty headers, Flowmaster 2 ch. Anyways the original owner was running a turbo and w/ 6lbs of boost it was putting out 646 RWHP and w/ 25lbs 9XX to the rear wheels. I guess after about 1500 miles he had the valve stem seals go out on him (he said they were cheap ones from Canfield...??) So next he then sent the whole thing out to Nelson Competition to have the whole thing tore down completely and have every tolerance, gap, endplay, bore thickness documented, etc. then re-assembled using new freeze plugs, fresh paint, balanced new Hellfire file fit rings, all new bearings, etc. Anyways, i got the whole complete engine for $7200 shipped to my door, that included everything from the upper intake to oil pan, distributor, energy suspension motor mounts. Anyways, i will report back on here and let everyone know the results when its all said and done. Thanks everyone for the kind words and compliments. And a big thanks to my bud Hector for putting all the vids together and more importantly helping me out with all the wrenching and installing...and believe me i need all the help i can get!!...the older i get the less patience i have for big projects, any more problems with this thing and im gonna need anger management sessions ...LOL"

03BlownSnake

SVT Tech
Established Member
you know what the compression ratio is on it currently?
And since you said you had .544 lift with the 1.6 rockers.. shouldn't that put you around .555-.560 lift?

racerbox77

Established Member
very nice! car sounds very mean. where abouts is that red Cobra located? near Norwalk Raceway? Id love to hook up at the track one day next summer.

RydeOn

SVTeam
Established Member
Also, Ive never raced a terminator, but why do folks keep saying that the terminators have this mean top end. They have more TQ than HP usually so how do they pull so good up top?

Users who are viewing this thread