Blown Engine (new crate engine ordered)

2rbo97svt

Established Member
So I ended going with Certified Performance LLC from TN, I spoke with Lund and they recommend them. I’ve looked at some of their stuff and the sure have some high HP Fords.

They will installing my fuel system, OPGs, crank sprocket and crank support along with removing old and installing new engine and tuning it.

I will not discuss the price in here, I can always send a private message if someone is interested. Evan Stevens seemed very straight forward about the process and all the work going into it.

If anyone has experience with them or heard anything about them I would gladly appreciate the input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2rbo97svt

Established Member
I know im late to the party and maybe missed something but i see your mods... Did you have stock OPGs?

That’s ok, I saw it died so I didn’t keep on posting. Didn’t see much interest from others. But, yeah it had stock OPGs but that’s not what fail. It was cause by the tuner Wengerd performance. It’s all good though.
I got everything set up already, new motor, lethal triply pump system , OPGs etc.

lunatikgixxer

Established Member
That’s ok, I saw it died so I didn’t keep on posting. Didn’t see much interest from others. But, yeah it had stock OPGs but that’s not what fail. It was cause by the tuner Wengerd performance. It’s all good though.
I got everything set up already, new motor, lethal triply pump system , OPGs etc.

Got cha.. Did they tell you what it was that failed in the tune? Thats strange. If it was lack of fueling then the tuner should have suggested you to run 93... If i were you id log your runs and review them to see if everything is in check.

2rbo97svt

Established Member
Got cha.. Did they tell you what it was that failed in the tune? Thats strange. If it was lack of fueling then the tuner should have suggested you to run 93... If i were you id log your runs and review them to see if everything is in check.

I will elaborate more tomorrow, need to be up in a few hrs. But yeah I will be logging pulls from now on.

2rbo97svt

Established Member
Interested also in comments on the tune... keep us updated.

Not sure if you are referring to the tune I was using when the car blew. If you are referring to the tune I will be using now is from Lund via a shop here in Kentucky.
I will not be using the certified performance I mentioned on previous post. Also, you can always read on the tuner I was using when the car blew on those posts as well. Let me know if there is something else I can clear up.

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
I guess you didn't know that running E85 without a fuel system is a bad idea with these cars? From a responsibility standpoint you are accountable for knowing what your setup can handle. I agree the tuner should not be tuning these cars for E85 without a fuel system.

2rbo97svt

Established Member
I guess you didn't know that running E85 without a fuel system is a bad idea with these cars? From a responsibility standpoint you are accountable for knowing what your setup can handle. I agree the tuner should not be tuning these cars for E85 without a fuel system.

I don’t disagree that my ignorance was a big part of it. Everything I saw on the research I did it would be good enough for my set up, but as we can see it was not. Won’t make that mistake again.
As for the tuner part I didn’t expect him to give me any money back or anything, just communicating a bit more. Also, a tuner should be able to recommend or advise on, hey you need to do this or that on your set up or things could happen. There is a lot more to it but a rather not get into it any more, sh**t happens and it’s all good.
Now I have a new engine, fuel system from lethal and going with a Lund tune. Let’s hope this time I have better luck.
I have had nothing but bad luck with this car lol, got rear ended, spent 4 months in the shop and now a blow motor lol.

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
I don’t disagree that my ignorance was a big part of it. Everything I saw on the research I did it would be good enough for my set up, but as we can see it was not. Won’t make that mistake again.
As for the tuner part I didn’t expect him to give me any money back or anything, just communicating a bit more. Also, a tuner should be able to recommend or advise on, hey you need to do this or that on your set up or things could happen. There is a lot more to it but a rather not get into it any more, sh**t happens and it’s all good.
Now I have a new engine, fuel system from lethal and going with a Lund tune. Let’s hope this time I have better luck.
I have had nothing but bad luck with this car lol, got rear ended, spent 4 months in the shop and now a blow motor lol.

I agree the tuner should have let you know, or asked what fuel system do you have.

That's a bummer for sure, hopefully this time you're good to go. Good luck with the build.

2rbo97svt

Established Member
I agree the tuner should have let you know, or asked what fuel system do you have.

That's a bummer for sure, hopefully this time you're good to go. Good luck with the build.

I told the tuner specially my set up, but it’s water under the bridge.
Hope this time I have better luck or my wife will what rest of money we have left and make me sleep in the car with a blow motor

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Not sure if you are referring to the tune I was using when the car blew. If you are referring to the tune I will be using now is from Lund via a shop here in Kentucky.
I will not be using the certified performance I mentioned on previous post. Also, you can always read on the tuner I was using when the car blew on those posts as well. Let me know if there is something else I can clear up.

Mustang6g has nothing but positive comments on Wengerd... I have not used them so don't have an opinion.

What made it pop? Too much timing, or?

2rbo97svt

Established Member
Wish I could tell you but I was not logging it when it popped. Well Wengerd ghosted me lol, not even a dang sorry bout your luck email.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread