blown motor; who to take it to?

tx03snake

Established Member
hey guys just like the title says i have found out that my motor is toast and i am leakin basically in all of my cylinders so i need a new motor. who would yall trust with your cars to get a new motor installed? i have been thinkin about dealing with Fastlane but i am not exactly sure yet as to who i wanna use. i was told it would basically be 7k out the door do yall think that is a good deal or a bit to much? that includes everything plus the retune and what not. any suggestions would be great because i need to get this car back up and running.

thanks guys!

351inside

Established Member
my mechanic specializes in ford, he is building one on phascals performance lightning for the, pm for details if you are interested in him, straight up honest guy and very good hand and price im sure

heffs03mach1

COME WITH IT YA SALLY'S
Established Member
buy a short block and give me 500 and ill do the install for you! its very easy but it will depend on if your heads are good or bad. this will run you about 3500 for a good dss block or 4500 for a really good one.

White04GT

Established Member
PSI Motorsports...They are not the fastest shop due to the amount of business and only being a 3 guy shop, but they do top notch work... Pat is a bad ass!

Jerry03cobra

Established Member
Triangle Speed Shop they have great customer service and they do great work and they don't try and tell you u need something that you don't need like other shop.Call them up at see if they can help u out.And they no how tune too they fixed my tune after PSI f--ked it up.

Last edited:

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
I had my motor done at Houston Performance. Also almost every mod that's on my car and the tune was installed by them. Chris is a really good guy talk to him.

I've also heard good things about PSI and Fastlane but i've had a bad experience with Strictly.

Users who are viewing this thread