Blue Oval Bash at the Beach November 9th-11th

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
Still bummed I missed this, I drank
All day and made the wife send cell phone video updates. My car seemed to be running well granted track wasn't all there and the weather wasn't as cool as it can be.. With the back to Back 6.35's I still feel strongly I can get it to go 6.20's

Glad you all had a good time, maybe we can all go to pony wars in Valdosta to beat up on everyone else before the next bash

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
All day and made the wife send cell phone video updates. My car seemed to be running well granted track wasn't all there and the weather wasn't as cool as it can be.. With the back to Back 6.35's I still feel strongly I can get it to go 6.20's

Glad you all had a good time, maybe we can all go to pony wars in Valdosta to beat up on everyone else before the next bash

If you dont mind me asking, whats the rear susp setup and tire size?

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
33spline rear with spool and 3:73 gears. Strange adjustable rear shocks and upper and lower control arms. That's all with a 28x10.5 slick yesterday usually run a 325-50 radial

TDD

Established Member

That car is awesome!

Last edited:

SVTurbo 98

E85 addict
Established Member

Car ran awesome man! It was fun watching it go down the track.

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
I cannot wait until next years event........going to mix it up a little. Glad all enjoyed themselves and nice putting names and faces together.
Next time my car will see the track.....

NTXRockr

Established Member
Thanks Scott for setting this up, I know it was a lot of preparation and stress before, during and after, but in the end I think your hard work paid off. We all owe you a drink next time out! :beer: It was definitely a blast for most of us, looking forward to the next outing. Was glad to see they finally prepped the midtrack better but was a case of too little to late, shame we couldn't get some consistency to see everyone's best times.

Side note: I had a blast trying to tree that Z06 at the very last of the night...red lighted 0.0026 and 0.0028 first two tries with us both having traction issues, and then a lane swap and a 0.060 light to his 0.3 later we both ran our best times of the day. Too bad my 8.12 on stock Pirellis couldn't match his 7.6x but I'm already working on a solution for next time! :coolman: Great meeting you all and getting to put faces to screennames!

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
Go to racesgmp.com and look at they schedule I wanna say it's mid February. I had a good time last year and they have magazine coverage as well as beating up Chevys never gets boring.

turbo50stang

Established Member
Blue Oval Bash

I had a blast at the track yesterday. Was not sure how I was going to run in the Cobra since it has been a couple years since I had to shift a gear and I had never run this car down the track. The car was consistent all day long.

I now realize that when the trap speeds are high and there is a short shut down area, you had better be on the brakes as soon as you pass the 1/8 mile point. If not, you will flat spot some tires and eat some sand!!! The good thing is I missed the big washed out crater in the sand and the only damage incurred was the fog light bezel has the small screw tabs broken...pretty lucky.

There were many nice cars out there with friendly drivers. I'm looking forward to future events and hope all of us Trail boys can show with plenty of "Blue Oval" power!

Ford2ner

Established Member
Yeah thanks again pops, don't know too many 20 year olds with a high horsepower cobra. Just need to get initial rush out of my head so I can hit these gears next time out. It's been too long..

Last edited:

TDD

Established Member
I got put out of the arm drop race first round for leaving early. Lost in the finals of the quick 8 race. First round of quick 8, i cut a 0.004 light & won. Second round had to run the baddest car there the all black termi & he turned on the red light, i got lucky there. In the finals against prolly the nicest car there the old school stang & i went red with a -0.008 light. Still had lots of fun. Car didnt run as fast as it has in the past, wish it had been a little cooler & i should have taken the big ol speaker box out & 1/8 to 1/4 tank of fuel instead of a full tank.

RunninRed

I'm Your Huckleberry
Established Member
Car still looks and runs great Terry!! Glad you're enjoying her. A little cooler weather and that speaker box gone and your right, the times would look a little better. New slicks might not hurt either. Those have a few passes on them by now. What did your 60 fts. look like?

TDD

Established Member
Car still looks and runs great Terry!! Glad you're enjoying her. A little cooler weather and that speaker box gone and your right, the times would look a little better. New slicks might not hurt either. Those have a few passes on them by now. What did your 60 fts. look like?

Thanks!1.58 was the best one with 11psi in them. Started them out at 14psi & droped them as the day went on. Didn't feel like it was spinning, not sure tho. Don't know why but my fastest pass of the day I let out of just before the line the mph was 2 mph lower then my other passes & a tenth faster on 7.18

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread