Blue Oval Bash at the Beach November 9th-11th

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
Nope, car is a stock long block on 10psi. Dialed in decently tho.

Well if must be if you ran that on 7cyl. How long has it been that way you think? You didn't mess around on the way home, it seems like you would have been puffin some smoke from
Being rich or some sort of stumble, she seemed on point in the videos

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
It was trailered so that wasn't it. bobby said it was smoking as I was rolling down the track. It wasn't bad tho this morning but #8 is only 48 psi. It has been acting funny past few times I drove it. Like a slight miss to it randomly and a fair amount of blow by.

Oh well shit happens just a bad time.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Damn Scott you blew the motor :(?? I wonder if a ring collapsed as it's running rough.. That's what my car did atleast.. Started smoking a little bit and that was it.

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
Just surprised I ran the best time while smoking. Haha.

I think that's what happened honestly, ring land collapsed. I'll know soon when I tear it down.

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
WTF was the electrical problem?!!

Bad alternators! Apparently mine wasn't good and neither was Brad's. pulled Brad's sunday afternoon and put mine back on. last night noticed a wobble/grinding sound....pulley was loose (the bolt was stripped).
Put Scotty's on and problem solved! My buddy Tim and I started researching issues caused by bad alternators and checked all grounds leading to/from alternator and battery.
Anyways....problem solved and I'm hoping Brad hooks me up. Guess he and I will have to chat.

turbo50stang

Established Member
Electrical Problem

Bad alternators! Apparently mine wasn't good and neither was Brad's. pulled Brad's sunday afternoon and put mine back on. last night noticed a wobble/grinding sound....pulley was loose (the bolt was stripped).
Put Scotty's on and problem solved! My buddy Tim and I started researching issues caused by bad alternators and checked all grounds leading to/from alternator and battery.
Anyways....problem solved and I'm hoping Brad hooks me up. Guess he and I will have to chat.

Is this the electrical problem that was preventing the ECM to be flashed with a different tune?

SwivelSawvel

Established Member

I dunno about that Tim guy. I think we should threaten to call the cops.... he was being to loud... On a second note did the data logging look good once you gotten home?

'03snkbt

Established Member
Is this the electrical problem that was preventing the ECM to be flashed with a different tune?
yes sir it was.

I dunno about that Tim guy. I think we should threaten to call the cops.... he was being to loud... On a second note did the data logging look good once you gotten home?
datalogging on the way home for a couple miles and all looked great. pulling plugs and COP's this weekend to see if that fixes my hesitation issue. might even look at O2's also.....you never know

NTXRockr

Established Member
Sweet! Glad to hear that you found it...weird thing though, how do you explain the part of it doing the glitch without an alternator in the system at all? Did you change any grounds or leads, possibly one of those were indeed the fault (either originally or caused by the bad alternator to begin with)?

'03snkbt

Established Member
the only thing extra we did was to clean off paint where the grounds coming off the battery to the chassis. once we did that and put scotty's alternator in, smooth singal all the way through. even drove datalogging for a couple miles to make sure.....ZERO skips

you guys said it would be something STUPID easy!!! it was, just researching and starting with the easiest power point....main charging system!

Last edited:

NTXRockr

Established Member
the only thing extra we did was to clean off paint where the grounds coming off the battery to the chassis. once we did that and put scotty's alternator in, smooth singal all the way through. even drove datalogging for a couple miles to make sure.....ZERO skips

you guys said it would be something STUPID easy!!! it was, just researching and starting with the easiest power point....main charging system!

Those are the most frustrating issues to deal with, but at least you figured it out and should be good to go. I went to start the car this morning just to find my windshield was somehow cracked that night, either at the track (maybe from being in the staging lanes during a burnout?) or just the usual thrown rock on the road. I totally agree, it's the little things that make us the most upset and having to see a marred windshield will only bother me until I replace the thing.

So when are you planning on getting back to xxx for a tune?

'03snkbt

Established Member
Might not be able to make it back for a month. Gives me time to finish some minor things that need attention.
I'll keep all informed when heading back over. Just might have a KB Cobra coming same day.

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
Add a ground wire from battery to alt. I had 4 go bad in a yr and found that when i added a ground wire it stoped. A few other buddys had problems and added ground wires and no longer have any problem with alt anymore.

'03snkbt

Established Member
Don't think this will put too much strain on the battery do you? I already have a fused charge wire to the positive along with my stereo and fuel system. I did add an extra ground to the chassis with the stereo.
Input.....

Users who are viewing this thread