Bluetooth issues?

1320nut

Shelby Girl
Established Member
I've only had my Shelby not quite 2 weeks now but everyone I talk to using the bluetooth says that there is too much background noise/static. But when I'm not moving it's fine. Could there be something wrong with the microphone or maybe it's just the road noise?? Anyone else have this problem? Thanks in advance.

Myfast70

Established Member
I've had people say the same thing to me. I always talk with the windows up to avoid that issue but it doesn't make a difference.

Not to jack the topic (but I kinda will), when I first bought the car I was able to stream music from my iPhone to the stereo and then it quit working after the second time I used it. I can talk on the phone and usually access my phonebook but streaming music no longer works :(

Any ideas?

Mxfrench

Established Member
I've had people say the same thing to me. I always talk with the windows up to avoid that issue but it doesn't make a difference.

Not to jack the topic (but I kinda will), when I first bought the car I was able to stream music from my iPhone to the stereo and then it quit working after the second time I used it. I can talk on the phone and usually access my phonebook but streaming music no longer works :(

Any ideas?
IPHONE?
I hit the stream button on iphone and make sure to choose the stream option in the radio BADA BING

absolut123

Established Member
Mine works ok. Haven't had any complaints.

Side? Is there a way to get the radio to default playing Bluetooth music . I have to go into source and change it everytime

WAL

Established Member
I've only had my Shelby not quite 2 weeks now but everyone I talk to using the bluetooth says that there is too much background noise/static. But when I'm not moving it's fine. Could there be something wrong with the microphone or maybe it's just the road noise?? Anyone else have this problem? Thanks in advance.

I haven't had any problems, but mid-summer there was some discussion about a mic issue and a TSB. You might want to take a look at the following thread.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-4500miles-my-2013-gt500-some-thoughts-2.html

1320nut

Shelby Girl
Established Member

Myfast70

Established Member
IPHONE?
I hit the stream button on iphone and make sure to choose the stream option in the radio BADA BING

Yeah, I did that from the first time I set it up and no luck after the second time. It shows as being connected on the iPhone but it never plays on the stereo. I made sure I had selected the correct input on the SYNC and still no luck?

5.0 guy

Established Member
My car showed the iPhone playing and was able to pause, play and advance tracks but no sound last week and could not figure it out. Came into town this week and let it warm up in the driveway for a bit and music synced and played fine. I'm lost on that one, I do have more problems with U Connect on my wife's SRT then the ford system though but I think it's a defective head unit in hers since its already been into service once for that problem.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member

rancid

Established Member
Did you guys see if there is an update available on the mysync page for your car? My bluetooth works great on my car and instantly will send calls to bluetooth and music has never messed up yet except I constantly have to change the source to bluetooth from line-in (which is annoying. ) - Iphone5.

Colleton

Established Member
For the OP: I don't think so, at least no one has complained to me about it.

Ran across this on another forum, could explain why you iphone users have issues and how to correct it:

SYNC & SYNC with MyFord | SYNC AppLink Overview | Ford.com

SYNC & SYNC with MyFord | Access Mobile Applications with SYNC AppLink | Ford.com

The jist of it is from what the the ford rep said in the thread, for iphone to stream music it must be connected via USB. The bluetooth works better ( is intended) for android/windows phones. Makes sense no?

sync = microsoft

iphone= apple

I wouldn't think so. The bluetooth standard should be the same across all platforms. FWIW, BT SA has worked flawlessly for me in both my '11 and my '13 with my iPhone 4.

What I have had issues with is Sync occasionally not detecting the 500GB WD HD I have plugged into the USB port, but I figure that is the HD and not Sync. Unplugging it and then plugging it back in always fixes that issue, at least for a while.

mtnclymer

Established Member
I got a lot of complaints about people hearing an echo when I am talking. (hearing everthing twice) I finally decided that the microphone on the phone was picking up sound from the car speakers. When someone complains now I just put the phone inside the console or cover it up with a jacket or something and it gets a lot better.

Users who are viewing this thread