Bluetooth quit working

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I installed 4.5 on mine.. but I have Oasis.. and a VCMII.. it works fine. I have had no issues.. I maybe able to load it onto a USB drive and try and put it up somewhere for download.. I can try.. otherwise take it into a dealer and ask them to install it

I'm interested. Let me know if you're able to post the install file somewhere for download. (My car is tucked away for the winter and I don't trust the local dealer, so that's not an option.)

14GT5HUNDRED

Established Member
I'm interested. Let me know if you're able to post the install file somewhere for download. (My car is tucked away for the winter and I don't trust the local dealer, so that's not an option.)

I will try and see what I can do.. Sometimes the online programming is a bit different because it requires to be plugged in.. But I will plug into my car and see what I can do.. And will follow up

14GT5HUNDRED

Established Member
I was on Oasis tonight and there is a 4.6 available now.. Ill load it and see what happens and see if I can load it to a usb and upload it somewhere.. I will let you know

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I was on Oasis tonight and there is a 4.6 available now.. Ill load it and see what happens and see if I can load it to a usb and upload it somewhere.. I will let you know
Interesting. Thank you!

According to Ford's SYNC Web Site (which we've been told to follow for updates), my "SYNC is up-to-date" with v4.4. Any comment, Rebecca?

14GT5HUNDRED

Established Member
Interesting. Thank you!

According to Ford's SYNC Web Site (which we've been told to follow for updates), my "SYNC is up-to-date" with v4.4. Any comment, Rebecca?

I'm not Rebecca.. But Ford did the same with 4.5.. Dealer only update.. I looked last night on my syncmyride account and it showed I had updates to 4.5.. So I pulled another Shelby on oasis and they had 4.1 still and the only available softwar for it was 4.4.. I'm guessing they aren't putting 4.6 because 4.4 is a required step before 4.5 or 4.6

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I'm not Rebecca.. But Ford did the same with 4.5.. Dealer only update.. I looked last night on my syncmyride account and it showed I had updates to 4.5.. So I pulled another Shelby on oasis and they had 4.1 still and the only available softwar for it was 4.4.. I'm guessing they aren't putting 4.6 because 4.4 is a required step before 4.5 or 4.6
Thanks. Your theory is plausible and makes sense.

Unfortunately, Ford's approach does nothing to fix the bug-ridden software with which most of us are stuck, especially if we're not comfortable letting a dishonest dealer (like the one local to me) touch our cars. For about six months, we've been strung along with empty promises that they're "working on it" and that we should "sit tight and continue to periodically check our Owner accounts." All of that rings hollow when they've made two subsequent releases available only through dealer channels.

Still hoping you find a way to make a copy of the latest update available to the rest of us...

Snoopy49

Established Member

14GT5HUNDRED

Established Member
What happened to 4.5? The highest offered to your customers is 4.4.

4.5 was a dealer only update.. Same as 4.6 .. I am doing 4.6 right now.. It will not allow a download to usb unfortunately.. Sometimes doing a sync update through PTS allows USB drives to be used but this one is requiring me to plug directly into the sync module usb to update it .. But 4.5 was available if you were willing to take your car into the dealer to install.. But now it's 4.6 unless you have anything prior to 4.4.. Then you have to do 4.4 first .. Then 4.6

14GT5HUNDRED

Established Member
Ok.. Done.. I think this will remain a dealer only update.. I could be wrong but it adds a menu and a feature meaning new as built data .. And as built data really can only be edited through dealer methods.. It added a sync module reset.. That's pretty nice.. As far as any other improvements.. I don't know.. I don't drive enough to really tell.. Sorry guys.. But looks like you will have to trust a dealer :(

14GT5HUNDRED

Established Member
Just a pic of the new menu option..

IMG_0267_zpsjdivit11.jpg

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Thanks for the updates, that are so conspicuously missing from Ford! I like the look of the SYNC Reboot option. Given its Microsoft roots, it's about time we got (the equivalent of) Ctrl+Alt+Del...

I (and many others) will be pretty disappointed if, after being told for months to stay tuned, they don't figure out some way to make the updates available for download.

14GT5HUNDRED

Established Member
Thanks for the updates, that are so conspicuously missing from Ford! I like the look of the SYNC Reboot option. Given its Microsoft roots, it's about time we got (the equivalent of) Ctrl+Alt+Del...

I (and many others) will be pretty disappointed if, after being told for months to stay tuned, they don't figure out some way to make the updates available for download.

I don't blame you.. It really is an uncomfortable situation to take cars like these to the dealership.. I need a new clutch and just refuse to trust a dealer to do it.. So I'll do it myself at some point.. What ford doesn't understand that despite all the surveys and accolades that they hand out to the dealers service departments.. They really aren't worth a damn.. And it is a super tense situation when you have a car like a gt500 that is a 662hp car that most don't get to enjoy and drive.. Techs love to rag on them and have fun with a car that isn't theirs and really doesn't care how they treat it.. But.. That being said.. An update takes about 30-45 min and just take it and wait on it.. Mark the miles in and out.. Go over the car extremely thoroughly before and after.. I hope that it isn't too bad for you.. And set an appointment.. That way you shouldn't have to wait too long.. If you were close I'd do it for you.. Ha ha..

Users who are viewing this thread