BMR Front Swaybar Review

RangerDLA

Established Member
So I got my front swaybar installed on the Shelby. It did exactly what I hoped it would. Turn in is more accurate and crisp and the front end doesn't get pushed into the turn as before. I also feel like I have more communication coming from the front than before. There is no longer a lag in the steering inputs either, when I turn the wheel the car goes where I point it. Stability is also much improved in cornering at speed. Before the install, I'd have to correct steering inputs to stay in the same line at speed and now that's not needed. If I had to compare the handling of the Shelby to my Boss, I'd say it's 8/10's of the way there being able to handle as well. Not sure yet if I want to go with the rear sway bar setup from BMR now because I don't want to ruin the balance that I feel like I just achieved. Next is to check the alignment, which I don't feel like was affected but you never know. Thanks again, Van for getting me my parts.

twawsico

Established Member
Thanks for the info! Do you have a link for the specific swaybar you installed? Also, what other suspension mods do you have... rear UCA/LCAs, etc.? Thanks again.

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
So I got my front swaybar installed on the Shelby. It did exactly what I hoped it would. Turn in is more accurate and crisp and the front end doesn't get pushed into the turn as before. I also feel like I have more communication coming from the front than before. There is no longer a lag in the steering inputs either, when I turn the wheel the car goes where I point it. Stability is also much improved in cornering at speed. Before the install, I'd have to correct steering inputs to stay in the same line at speed and now that's not needed. If I had to compare the handling of the Shelby to my Boss, I'd say it's 8/10's of the way there being able to handle as well. Not sure yet if I want to go with the rear sway bar setup from BMR now because I don't want to ruin the balance that I feel like I just achieved. Next is to check the alignment, which I don't feel like was affected but you never know. Thanks again, Van for getting me my parts.

Hi,

Doing the install at BMR tomorrow on mine and their new handling springs, what setting on the bar did you go with?

Regards,

Manuel

RangerDLA

Established Member
Thanks for the info! Do you have a link for the specific swaybar you installed? Also, what other suspension mods do you have... rear UCA/LCAs, etc.? Thanks again.

I did Van's suspension package upgrade. The whole sha bangabang with Eibach pro kit Springs.

Manuel, I had them set it at the middle setting on install but will move it one more notch tighter.

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
I did Van's suspension package upgrade. The whole sha bangabang with Eibach pro kit Springs.

Manuel, I had them set it at the middle setting on install but will move it one more notch tighter.

Thanks for the update, can't wait!

Ky GT500

Established Member
Do the rear,,,I'm very curious as to how they will work together. Talked to Van today about doing both.

RangerDLA

Established Member
I'll wait for someone else to. I'm happy with where it's at for now. Don't want to mess with the balance I achieved.

Van@RevanRacing

I'll let my customers speak for their experience but thus far I've got numerous customers reporting that the front and rear sway bar combination works very well.

RangerDLA thanks for posting up your findings and review. Nothing better than a happy customer!

Van

Smackiavelli

Established Member
Do the rear,,,I'm very curious as to how they will work together. Talked to Van today about doing both.

Installation of the front and rear sway bars is currently underway on my Shelbeast. Should have it back in a few days. I'll share my impressions once I've had a chance to toss the thing around a bit and gauge the magnitude of improvement.

A friend of mine who owns a '13 with the front and rear installed reports that the car is far more controllable/predictable/stable through the curves and is "as impressively stiff as a priapism." This analogy all at once encourages and repulses me.

RangerDLA

Established Member
That's awesome. I'm leaning towards it, but want to hear more. Smackivelli, does your friend have the other suspension mods too or just the swaybar?

Ky GT500

Established Member
Installation of the front and rear sway bars is currently underway on my Shelbeast. Should have it back in a few days. I'll share my impressions once I've had a chance to toss the thing around a bit and gauge the magnitude of improvement.

A friend of mine who owns a '13 with the front and rear installed reports that the car is far more controllable/predictable/stable through the curves and is "as impressively stiff as a priapism." This analogy all at once encourages and repulses me.

Sub'n for the outcome and impression!!

Smackiavelli

Established Member
That's awesome. I'm leaning towards it, but want to hear more. Smackivelli, does your friend have the other suspension mods too or just the swaybar?

He has the usual suspect components in the rear: BMR adjustable UCAs and LCAs, adjustable panhard bar, and the supporting peripherals (e.g., LCA relocation brackets, panhard support rod, etc.), along with Ford Racing L springs on all four corners.

Please don't ask me if he also has a priapism. I've not even begun to recover from the traumatic mention of it in my previous post.

RangerDLA

Established Member
He has the usual suspect components in the rear: BMR adjustable UCAs and LCAs, adjustable panhard bar, and the supporting peripherals (e.g., LCA relocation brackets, panhard support rod, etc.), along with Ford Racing L springs on all four corners.

Please don't ask me if he also has a priapism. I've not even begun to recover from the traumatic mention of it in my previous post.

Awesome, I may be sold already. LOL.

Ky GT500

Established Member

Running all the above also except springs are Eibach Pro Kit.

Smackiavelli

Established Member
Running all the above also except springs are Eibach Pro Kit.

I'm sure the Eibach springs are not so disparate from their Ford Racing counterparts that the deviation in handling characteristics will be significant with the front and rear sways installed. I imagine you can safely rely on the reports of those with the BMR rear suspension components and the Ford springs (or in my case the H&R) to help you decide. I'm more than curious to find out how well the front and rear sways better the car's manners. Hell, with the glut of parts presently being installed, I'm awash with anticipation to experience the degree to which the car is transformed in a far more ubiquitous sense.

RangerDLA

Established Member
Just the suspension upgrade from Van is a night and day difference. The front sway bar upgrade was a definite huge upgrade too. I can feel that the rear needs it too now. I ran her hard tonight for an hour and she felt great, but she could use a little tightening up in the back (they all could LOL). Her steering characteristics are much better now though.

Last edited:

Ky GT500

Established Member
I'm sure the Eibach springs are not so disparate from their Ford Racing counterparts that the deviation in handling characteristics will be significant with the front and rear sways installed. I imagine you can safely rely on the reports of those with the BMR rear suspension components and the Ford springs (or in my case the H&R) to help you decide. I'm more than curious to find out how well the front and rear sways better the car's manners. Hell, with the glut of parts presently being installed, I'm awash with anticipation to experience the degree to which the car is transformed in a far more ubiquitous sense.

Yep,,I agree,,,,not worried about the difference in spring manufacturers as much as I'm interested in the handling over stock sways.

delvek

Established Member
Good stuff!

I am talking with BMR now and hoping to schedule an install with them next month after I recuperate from the holiday cash dump.

Wasnt considering sway bars as my primary problem is wheel spin basically all the time.

@ BOSSPOWER: Goodluck tomorrow, if I was able to step away from work I would swing by, see you at the wannagofast event up in Ocala.

Users who are viewing this thread