bmr lca with brackets-helppppp

SVTFOREVER2008

Established Member
Well I am in need of assistance... I just put BMR LCA brackets with the LCA poly/spherical. I just backed it out of the garage and heard a big clunk when I went over a bump in the road...:dw: I pulled it back in and re checked all the bolts and they are all very tight. if you push down on the car you can hear the clunking noise to but I watched while a friend was pushing down on the rear of the car and seen nothing obvious or moving, just a annoying clunking noise. I did not do the UCA would that be causing this?

Thanks guys

Van@RevanRacing

Check all of your torque settings and make sure you're not out of alignment. Try and make the arms as close to the stock arms as possible. I have the same ones and they pop occasionally going over large bumps with speed.

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
Well I am in need of assistance... I just put BMR LCA brackets with the LCA poly/spherical. I just backed it out of the garage and heard a big clunk when I went over a bump in the road...:dw: I pulled it back in and re checked all the bolts and they are all very tight. if you push down on the car you can hear the clunking noise to but I watched while a friend was pushing down on the rear of the car and seen nothing obvious or moving, just a annoying clunking noise. I did not do the UCA would that be causing this?

Thanks guys

I have the same type of lca and I still use the stock uca. Mine does not clunk. Like Van said, make sure everything is nice and tight. I torqued the bolts down when the suspension was loaded. I have heard that if the pinion angle is not right that it will cause the clunk (if you lowered your car).

54First

Grouchy Old Guy
Established Member
re checked all the bolts and they are all very tight.

Based on this comment I'm going to guess that you didn't use a torque wrench. If you didn't, I'm willing to bet you didn't tighten them to 129 lb/ft. You can't get them that tight with just a box wrench. A breaker bar and socket will work, but it's tighter than you think. If I'm wrong I apologize and just ignore me.

Steve

firekiller

Established Member
After I put lowers on my GT500 I had the same problem. I also couldnt find the noise and went ahead and replaced the upper control arm and the noise went away. Mine would have a loud clunk when hitting bumps and also when when pressing accelerator or letting off without pushing clutch in. Hope this helps and let us know what you find.

SVTFOREVER2008

Established Member
After I put lowers on my GT500 I had the same problem. I also couldnt find the noise and went ahead and replaced the upper control arm and the noise went away. Mine would have a loud clunk when hitting bumps and also when when pressing accelerator or letting off without pushing clutch in. Hope this helps and let us know what you find.

Thats the direction i am going because thats where the noise sounds like it is coming from, i did check the tq specs and they were all correct. I'll keep you guys updated when it arrives. Thanks for the help guys

Users who are viewing this thread