BMR S550 Chassis Jacking Rails

GUY WAGNER

Established Member
Install

Finally got my jacking rails on last week.
Very easy,but I've been wondering what the rear bolts held together
before they were moved to the rear holes for the rail installation.
Does anyone have the bolt size and the PN for the OE bolts?
i will probably just drill the top of the rails to allow room for the bolt heads.
Unless someone has a better idea.

RobG64

Established Member
Not to derail Tob's wonderful thread, but if we found enough interest - we could possibly make that happen. The S550 chassis, it was a no brainer, because there are perfect mounting positions from the factory.

I'd also be interested in a set for my 2012 Boss. Thanks!

Tankman

Established Member
Sure.

http://www.bendpak.com/car-lifts/specialty-lifts/p-6b.aspx

I got it from here.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...i_sku=144662&gclid=CPD07on0wMsCFYIlgQodR2oIZA

I went back and forth on a 2 post vs 4 post, etc. A couple of shoulder operations later, neither remained a consideration. It was going to be working on my back or nothing at all. I'm comfortable with this design in terms of safety as well as lift height limitations. I just wish I had it when I was doing all the work on my GT500. It has a 6,000 lb lifting capacity, is ETL-certified, and works on either 110v or 220v.

Hey Tob,
Thanks for the original post and the additional info on the lift. Just one question about the rails:
BMR states to raise the GT350 then remove the bolts, wouldn't this cause whatever the bolts are holding to shift thus creating a nightmare to realign?
Thanks again!

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Hey Tob,
Thanks for the original post and the additional info on the lift. Just one question about the rails:
BMR states to raise the GT350 then remove the bolts, wouldn't this cause whatever the bolts are holding to shift thus creating a nightmare to realign?
Thanks again!

Nope (and sorry I somehow missed this!). IIRC, the panels are actually spot welded together. Nothing moves.

Users who are viewing this thread